Jan 4 Coaches Show

Cowboy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its happening. I was unable to stream too, listening via the old fashioned radio.

First bit seemed to focus on rebounding. Now talking about the offense. I am unaware of any questions from Twitter or callers yet.

Yeah, I'm listening to it. It just seems like they are skirting around the 800 pound gorilla in the room. He's talking about the mechanics of basketball and if I didn't know any better I'd think there were no problems with this team at all. It's an hour show I think so anything is still possible but they haven't said anything about taking questions.

Agree. People are not missing much without the stream.

Discussion of offense focused on getting more reps in practice of 5 on 5; getting players used to each other; then some discussion of inconsistency of players (resulting in different practice lineups - which then leads to difficulty of players getting used to playing with one another).

First question from Twitter: What area do you see the most improvement?

Coach response: The offense going to playing without the basketball. Went into hypothetical of 40 minutes of basketball, 20 on offense and 20 on D. Divide by 5, each player has the ball 4 minutes (and then guarding the ball 4 minutes a game).

Then discussion of Lisa Stone's practices where players are talking a ton on the floor. Said the men have done this better as of late.

Final Answer: Moving without the basketball and being in the post.

Answering a question about what improvements has he seen. Good players know how to play without the ball. Talking about all the things that good players know to do on both offense and defense even without the ball. Communication is important. Says the women's team is constantly talking, the men not so much.

Crews says the team is getting better at talking, and moving without the basketball as compared to last year.