Tanner Bronson and Calvert Chaney

GOSLU68

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-interesting that the Post would use a game day article on an assistant coach (Bronson) instead of doing any analysis on the game

-if we want to go conspiracy theory...is someone from the ADept reading Billikens.com and seeing the pitchforks? did CMay call Stu? did Bronson call Stu?

-interesting that the Post would use a game day article on an assistant coach (Bronson) instead of doing any analysis on the game

-if we want to go conspiracy theory...is someone from the ADept reading Billikens.com and seeing the pitchforks? did CMay call Stu? did Bronson call Stu?

Did you read the end of the story? Tanner appears to be angling for the Wisconsin job. I wouldn't be surprised if he were to leave SLU for another job at season's end, regardless of what happens with the rest of the staff. He may be ready to try his hand as a head coach, even if it must be at a low-major school. For at least three seasons, now, he's been the coach interviewed in pre-games.

How do people keep spelling Calbert's name wrong?

It's probably because some people have an aversion to anything that reminds them of their English classes. Anything related to spelling, grammar, or usage makes them cringe and they quickly gloss over it. To mention anything to them is 2 loose they're attention.

How do people keep spelling Calbert's name wrong?

It's unreal to me how many names we use here on an daily basis are butchered on a daily basis. It's as if the people typing these names don't have access to the rest of the internet, where such things could be checked in mere seconds.

Did you read the end of the story? Tanner appears to be angling for the Wisconsin job. I wouldn't be surprised if he were to leave SLU for another job at season's end, regardless of what happens with the rest of the staff. He may be ready to try his hand as a head coach, even if it must be at a low-major school. For at least three seasons, now, he's been the coach interviewed in pre-games.

-I read the entire article, an asst coach wants a different job and the Post decides that is the emphasis of the coverage on game day, I still find it interesting

Wisconsin would not even interview Tanner for their HC job. That is insane.

BillBoy 1 - What bigs are you talking about? Are you speaking of Gillman, the 165 lbs soaking wet string bean who likes to jack up tre's? Or Jolly? The typical slowfooted forward SLU recruit who Crews can't decide how many minutes he really wants to give him. Or Agbeko? The only post player who can mildly rebound but makes people queasy when he dribbles the ball more that once. I would take my chances with welmer on his rollie wheel out there right now. I don't think Crews has brought in any "BIGS" into the program for Cheaney to develop. If thats your bone to pick with him...

Billiken Law, your right being a successful player won't help becoming a good coach. Players would rather be coached by bad former players. Because guys like Doc Rivers, Lenny Wilkens, Pat Riley, Kevin Ollie, And Larry Brown never turned out to be good coaches.

I'm not saying bad players only, I'm saying that being a great player does not automatically translate to being a good coach. The argument for Cheney seems to be "he was a lottery pick and all-America at Indiana."

And, all but one of those guys you listed coached in the NBA, not college. Ollie was far from a superstar too: 12 teams in 13 seasons, undrafted, career scoring average of 3.8 points a game starting only 100 games. Oh, and Larry Brown played in the ABA, never the NBA.

Billiken Law, wait so now they have to be college coaches only? Being a successful coach in the NBA doesn't matter? And Ollie had a successful college playing career enough to play long term in the NBA, then turned himself into an immediate star as a college coach. Once again any player would rather be coached by a former successful player rather than a player with less notable success. That's a no brainer.

No I didn't go to Slu for college, explain what is so insane about my posts? Thinking CC is a better choice than Bronny? Or that players like to be coached by good former players? I'm confused. Maybe your SLU degree will help.

Yes.

Yes.

Players don't care what the coach's background is. They want to play for the best coach, the guy who will help them develop the most and give them the potential to play after college. That's it.

Pistol- that's a joke. you just said that players don't care what a coaches background is? So if a guy has a background of playing in the NBA and at a high level in college they wouldn't be an easy choice over a guy who has never played basketball. Wow you got me there.

Did Coach K play pro ball? Hmm?