More Questions Than Answers For The Billikens

Thanks for sharing. I am still very perplexed how a walk on can be the starting pg. To me this shows a real failure of the coaching staff to recruit or even evaluate talent based on what a team needs. Yes I know the guy at WSU was a walk on but he had a very good reputation in high school and only landed there because KU did not over him and WSU was out of schollies if I remember the story correctly.

Thanks for sharing. I am still very perplexed how a walk on can be the starting pg. To me this shows a real failure of the coaching staff to recruit or even evaluate talent based on what a team needs. Yes I know the guy at WSU was a walk on but he had a very good reputation in high school and only landed there because KU did not over him and WSU was out of schollies if I remember the story correctly.

I'll believe Hines is in the mix for starting point guard when I see it. Good athlete but he struggled to score in juco and I think he'll struggle even more at this level.

Do not get me wrong, I like and respect Hines. He has really tried hard to get where he is now and I do not think he is about to let this opportunity drop from his grasp. I think he will give 150% or more when called to do so. I will be very happy to see him doing well and contributing to the team's efforts. It is not in his attitude, hard work or desire that he will be found lacking. We just need to see how he plays in actual play.