A10 Awards

slufan13

Miller got robbed of the COY award.

Wow, no kidding. McKillop has done a great job and has that offense firing on all cylinders, but I thought Miller was a no-brainer.

Good showing for Fordham's freshmen (who are unfortunately better than our freshmen).

No major gripes from me other than the COY, although I was admittedly less engaged than usual because we weren't battling for a top spot. It does look like a less impressive talent crop across the board than most years, though. I guess it makes sense that it coincides with a down year for the conference. Hopefully some of the young guys really blow up and some solid transfers find their way into the A10.

Miller got robbed of the COY award.

In fairness, Dayton was coming off an Elite 8 and was a consensus top 2-3 pick in the conference. Yeah, Archie kicked off a couple players, but one of them was a stiff. He did do a nice job with limited depth, but Davidson came out of nowhere. Most preseason projections I saw had them anywhere from 8-12 in the league. For their first time in the A-10 and with what was considered a rebuilding year, it was a great season for Davidson.

It would behove SLU to retain its A10 All-Rookie team member, Milik Yarbrough.

Note that much maligned Fordham has its 2 starting forwards on the All-Rookie team, including the A10 Rookie of the Year, Eric Paschall, as well as Christian Sengfelder.

Both Jesuit institutions placed players on the A10 All-Academic team, Jon Severe of Fordham and Mike Crawford of SLU.

Even after the suspensions, I still expected Dayton to finish ahead of Davidson, so I can't argue with McKillop winning CoY.

The more I think about it, McKillop is a no-brainer. Davidson was picked 12th in the league's preseason poll. I know Archie is a media darling, but McKillop has run an excellent program and did a great job in what was supposed to be a rebuilding year, especially considering they were making a step up to a better league.