Miss St by 1 over the Bills

The Wiz

First, nice come back to win over NCAT. It wasn't pretty but I will take it. The Bills really stretched my premise with that game. If you remember in that NCAT prediction thread I explained the difference between a D+ team (TAMCC) and an F team (NCAT)...where I said ....if you play poorly against a D+ team they can rise up and beat you( which they did) while if you play poorly against an F team you still win. The Bills had to go Miles to win that game. The people seating around me had given up deep in the 2nd half but I knew we could come back even late in the game because NCAT was a poor team. Had it been any other team we would have lost.

The good...foul shooting....need to keep that going

The bad.....turnovers....way to many ...not only this game but all of the games... a concern...good news is we did better 2nd half

Shooting ....we should have made at least 3 more baskets...I will chalk this up to a bad night

Btw, for those wanting an update on my forecasting system....see post #29 on the Bills over NCAT thread

On to MSU

This will be a real test. Miss St (C+) comes in at 3-0. Their go to guy is Fred Thomas a big guard (6-5 206)...nearly 16 ppg. The Bills are currently a C team. The win against NCAT was costly from a numbers point . Some would say that game exposed us ... I say give it another week and we will have a better idea what kind of team we have

What we need to do to win

First this game is very winnable. I wish I had another couple of games of data due to the closeness of this game but I don't so we will go with what we have.

Stop Fred Thomas...shut this guy down and we win...particularly from 3 ...no open shots

Stop the TO's....18 was way too many...if we do that again we will be blown out...take care of the ball ...10 or less ...12 max

3 pt D....9 att ..2 made ...22%....22% or less is the key number...again no open shots

FT%.......at least 75%...crucial in a close game...one of the reasons we won the NCAT game

Play with passion....as in the last 5 min of the NCAT game....Most of that game we were in a fog....the intentional foul woke us up....play like that last 5 min of the NCAT game and we win this game easy

Turnovers ARE a problem. Someone should tell the guards that bounce passes are legal. McBroom needs to realize he is not Curly Neal and cannot dribble thru three guys at once.

Free throws only looked good as a team cuz of Miles' individual production.

Bartley must stay with his man in man to man defense. This is not HS, and teams will pass to the open man (his) if he is undisciplined and trying to double cover.

Maybe two of the three big guys can play at the same time occasionally... (i.e.- Manning / Jolly) and we will have a power forward look.

Better pick / screens in last game - need to continue to get away from exclusive perimeter passing in half court game. Inside - out, lane cutters, drive & dish.

Watching the replay. Nothing to report that hasn't been said already other than they must not practice much against zone d. And the TOs have got to be reduced a bunch.

We almost never play zone D. (Have we in the Crews era? Did he modify the Majerus no-zone doctrine?)

That would lead me to believe that it would be exceptionally hard to practice beating a zone.

Miss St is by far the best team we will have played to this point. They beat a decent Utah St team at home by 8 on Saturday. Utah St is better than any team we have played this year. It is a game we can win. That said, Miss St should be around a two to three point favorite.

First, nice come back to win over NCAT. It wasn't pretty but I will take it. The Bills really stretched my premise with that game. If you remember in that NCAT prediction thread I explained the difference between a D+ team (TAMCC) and an F team (NCAT)...where I said ....if you play poorly against a D+ team they can rise up and beat you( which they did) while if you play poorly against an F team you still win. The Bills had to go Miles to win that game. The people seating around me had given up deep in the 2nd half but I knew we could come back even late in the game because NCAT was a poor team. Had it been any other team we would have lost.

The good...foul shooting....need to keep that going

The bad.....turnovers....way to many ...not only this game but all of the games... a concern...good news is we did better 2nd half

Shooting ....we should have made at least 3 more baskets...I will chalk this up to a bad night

Btw, for those wanting an update on my forecasting system....see post #29 on the Bills over NCAT thread

On to MSU

This will be a real test. Miss St (C+) comes in at 3-0. Their go to guy is Fred Thomas a big guard (6-5 206)...nearly 16 ppg. The Bills are currently a C team. The win against NCAT was costly from a numbers point . Some would say that game exposed us ... I say give it another week and we will have a better idea what kind of team we have

What we need to do to win

First this game is very winnable. I wish I had another couple of games of data due to the closeness of this game but I don't so we will go with what we have.

Stop Fred Thomas...shut this guy down and we win...particularly from 3 ...no open shots

Stop the TO's....18 was way too many...if we do that again we will be blown out...take care of the ball ...10 or less ...12 max

3 pt D....9 att ..2 made ...22%....22% or less is the key number...again no open shots

FT%.......at least 75%...crucial in a close game...one of the reasons we won the NCAT game

Play with passion....as in the last 5 min of the NCAT game....Most of that game we were in a fog....the intentional foul woke us up....play like that last 5 min of the NCAT game and we win this game easy

Everyone beats the Wiz. Total miscalculations of our early opponents and our wins sending this board into hysteria over making the NCAA tourney. Backhand has said CBI since day 1. Fix your program.

Everyone beats the Wiz. Total miscalculations of our early opponents and our wins sending this board into hysteria over making the NCAA tourney. Backhand has said CBI since day 1. Fix your program.

Back your statement up with facts and figures. Easy to make a statement saying yay or nay.