Congratulations to the baseball team

Doesn't the SEC teams play in some nice stadiums and do they draw. Almost like Double A level parks. (Seen the Bay Bears plenty of times when I lived in Ocean Springs, MS)

Last year I caught the baseball Bills play at Ole Miss and in the CWS when they played at South Carolina.

USC averages around 8k a game. More than their hoops squad.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No-in this case it's like basketball when a regular season champ looses in the conference tourney and it's not a strong conference. The tourney winner moves on and the regular season champ goes home.

Same thing happened in soccer.

Another reason to get into the NBE.

• 2 weeks later...

So it is currently the 5th round of the MLB draft and Norwood is still on the board. Baseball America had him as the #79 prospect which would have put him in the 3rd round. I can't decide if this is good because the lower Norwood goes the more likely he would be to come back to SLU for his senior year or bad because of less notoriety for SLU with him going lower.

So it is currently the 5th round of the MLB draft and Norwood is still on the board. Baseball America had him as the #79 prospect which would have put him in the 3rd round. I can't decide if this is good because the lower Norwood goes the more likely he would be to come back to SLU for his senior year or bad because of less notoriety for SLU with him going lower.

And Norwood goes in round 7 (pick 199 overall) to the Cubs. Congrats to Norwood...I guess.

He was selected in the 7th round by the Cubs

FYI slot signing bonus for pick 199 is $201,900. Seems unlikely Norwood would turn that down to come back and pitch his senior year. Unless he's got brass balls and thinks he can dominate and move up far enough to make it worth it. If he were to go in the top 100 picks he could more than double the bonus.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft/2014-draft-assigned-pick-values-for-top-10-rounds/

FYI slot signing bonus for pick 199 is $201,900. Seems unlikely Norwood would turn that down to come back and pitch his senior year. Unless he's got brass balls and thinks he can dominate and move up far enough to make it worth it. If he were to go in the top 100 picks he could more than double the bonus.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft/2014-draft-assigned-pick-values-for-top-10-rounds/

There is more money at the top...I think there is a shot at him coming back and trying for a lot more money.

The other side of the coin is that if he gets called up to the Cubs, he will have his Octobers free.