slu press conference

The minority ... is full of $hit. I talked to Pres. Bush, Sen. Kerry, Stan the Man, Coach K, Miles Brand, John Cusak, Bobby Huggins and Tonka ... they all think the A10 was the right move. In addition during my last conversation with Quinn Snyder ... he said that if SLU were to join the Big 12 ( which most of the Big 12 coaches wanted them to do ) Mizzou was going to leave the Big 12 and join the Mid Northeast Alaskan Athletic Conference ... ( for those of you who aren't familier with the MNAAC ... they are the home of current NCAA mushing champion the North Slope Caribou Herders ) He said that Mizzou wanted no part of a fast rising program and couldn't face the constant criticism for being constantly outcoached. He also stated that it was harder to detect cash payments to recruits when they are hidden in igloos or stuffed up Penguin a$$es.

It is about time I come clean ... so you guys know my information is for real. My car lot is just a front. I work for the CIA and I hide cameras and mic's in hoopties that are dispersed throughout the country. We also have cameras and bugs in every house in America ... that is how I know that the majority is actually the minority. Roy ... I've been meaning to tell you ... that Sofa is getting old, please get a new one.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

roflmao! skip one of your best efforts ever.

btw, coincidentally, a new sofa is being delivered tomorrow. so that part is kind of scary.

There was no humor intended ... It's taken a while, but I have grown to have complete confidence in Billiken Fans. I know you will keep my secret. Of course I knew about the new sofa ... thats why I didn't mind calling you out on the old one. I knew you had already taken steps to solve the problem. Just please don't put the new one in the same spot as the old one ... a little rearranging is in order

I do not know why everybody on this board thinks SLU is going to be come a big time program. Brad is making it better but you guys seem to think he is making it into an elite program. We are never going to be considerd an elite program, we will alway be a mid major. We had great talent in the late 1980's with bonner, newberry, gray etc... We made the NIT finals twice which was great for the team and students. We made the NCAA a couple of times but have got knocked out in th first 2 rounds. Thats great that we made the NCAA but I'd rather see us make the NIT final a couple of times than get knocked out in the first round in the NCAA.

I know Brad is happy here but do you think he would pass up an opportunity to go to a Big Ten if it arises probably not. SLU will only go so far.. Look at the past, we never have went far, and never will. We will always be a good program that has some good seasons but we will never ge the attention of a Notre Dame, Florida, UCLA, St.Johns. Even thhough those program are not the best they get a lot of attention because they have some history behind their program unlike SLU. This is my opinion, and half you probably will not agree with this old,old timer. I am 70 years old and I am trying to keep myseld busy before I die!!

I'm hope the rest of the board will give you a pass as I am. It is terrible to be so old you completely lose perspective. Hang in there a couple more years ... so you can see the rise.

When is slu going to start building the new arena? Any time soon? New Busch stadium will get finished before our stadium. Why doesnt one of our bif donors pitch in a good sum of money to help get it started. Tucci has enough he should put some in Anybody know

One question when we do get the new arena built what happens if slu still does not go tto the ncaas consistent, say in 20 yrs they only went twice, is slu a success or just another team who is NIT bound

>>This is my opinion, and half you probably will not agree with this old,old timer.<<

This is the one thing you said that has some merit (but the percentage is certainly higher than 50%). There is a vast ocean of NCAA division 1 between what some would consider "elite" teams like Duke / Arizona and mid-majors who are perennial NIT teams. No one would call Xavier or St. Josephs (our new brethern in the A10) "mid-major NIT" teams. We seek to join the company of the Xavier / St. Josephs of the NCAA world. I like our chances of doing so under Brad.

.... how long have you been oppressed by the words "never" and "can't"?

orlando, why is it so difficult to believe that saint louis university can become a top 25 basketball program? sure it hasnt happened overnight and wont either, but those programs that do indeed get there quickly typically didnt do it on the up and up usually end up in trouble. there is no denying that we are much further along than we were 20 years ago as a basketball program. better conference, better arena, better coach, better athletes from top to bottom, about the only thing that hasnt been upgraded is our on campus facilities and that is now a priority of the school. father biondi has proven time and time again he gets done what he says he will. the billikens will be a top 25 program.

70 years old with such a bitter viewpoint. as skip said, i too hope that you can hang on just a few more years to finally see it all happen. a devoted fan like yourself deserves that joy.

Orlando, I will also cut you some slack because I still recall that great game that you had under Grawer VS SIU, but I have been following SLU since the late 50's and I fall into the group thinking things have never looked brighter for our basketball team. Let's see where the program goes in the next 4 years because things look very promising behind my Billiken Blue glasses.

I agree with Billiken Rich that poster Orlando Stewart is not 70.

If someone would go back and read the many postings of Orlando Stewart, The Majority, Newberry, volfan, and possibly Yukmouth, you will find a common theme. They are generally negative, always anti-Pizzoti, and I sense a group young gals that belong to the same sewing circle / quilting society / ***** session.

Since I think the new AD will give Coach Pizzoti a fair shot in the A10, these ladies will probably be singing their same sad song for another couple of years! Welcome ladies and thanks for the laughs!

Poor Orlando, getting along in years to the point you can't remember when you were a teenager. SLU has had a glorious history as a perennial top 20 school and a run as the best two schools in the country. It is time to blow the dust off our history, and start a new chapter...unless you want us to drop down to Division 3 and beat up on WashU again.

Right now, must of us aren't too worried about getting tagged as elite. We want to get past the "dangerous" tag and make it to the "damned good" tag. Once we make it to "damned good," we just need to hit with one lottery player and we are in the running to raise a championship banner.

90% of the job is just showing up on time. The other 10% is not quitting when you hit rough spots.

I thought I would post, i havent posted in along time, but for all of you I am not associated with newberry, majority or whoever.

First of all Pizzotti sucks. Cant blame west pine gym for losing, she has 10 years to try to win. SO all of you, if she got to play all of her games at the Savvis Center she would do better? All of you are saying facilities, the men win at Savvis, I do not think she would do better at savvis. There are other d1 womens programs that play in gyms like west pine and win. SO just face it people she sucks, doesnt make her bad person but eventually a coach needs to win after 10 years

I agree Jill has not done a very good job. West Pine is an excuse. That said who cares. The only 2 sports I care about are mens basketball and mens soccer. Sure it would be nice if we had a good golf team,baseball team or whatever,but I really don't care. The fact that Jill and Bob Hughes{?} are still there are they must be liked by the administration and the administration really doesn't care whether the non revenue sports win or lose. Sure they would rather win but not enough to really spend the money to upgrade those programs. Just give the money to Brad and Dan, it's ok by me.

please name us a consistently good team that plays their games in a facility like west pine gym. the disadvantage is recruiting. she has to show her recruits this is the facility they will play their games in. if that recruit visits anywhere else, the jillikens are at a tremendous disadvantage. as tseugnekillib said, if after moving into the biondidome she is still losing, she then has no excuses.

I don't follow womens basketball and don't know who's good and who's not but I'm sure that UofL does not play at Freedom Hall,Depaul does not play at Allstate,Marq. does not play at Bradley and Memphis does not play at the Pyramid. I would also guess that our rotten attendance at West Pine is better than the league average. I think Jill has done a poor job of putting her teams together. Bring back John O'Brien.