The No Call...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care about the "It shouldn't have mattered, it's our fault we were in that position" argument. Maybe, just maybe, you're actually right. BUT THAT'S BESIDES THE POINT. That was one of the worst no calls that I have ever seen and those zebras should never get to ref another college game again... EMBARRASSING. How does one let that happen, much less THREE REFS?!?!?! Say we hit one-two of our free throws, the games 6(6/7) - 65. They don't hit a wide-open three, and we possibly force a turnover or a missed shot. Followed by Dwayne's three, or whatever we would've chosen to do with that possession, GAME OVER. Ludicrous. I hope St. Bonaventure isn't priding themselves over that win too much, I know I wouldn't be.

I think it is also worth pointing out that the 13 fouls called against St. Bonaventure were the LEAST amount of fouls called against them in ANY GAME ALL SEASON! So apparently SBU just decided not to foul as much in this game...

That said, we played like crap and should have never let them back in the game...

I think it is also worth pointing out that the 13 fouls called against St. Bonaventure were the LEAST amount of fouls called against them in ANY GAME ALL SEASON! So apparently SBU just decided not to foul as much in this game...

That's what happens when the other team (us) stands and tosses the ball around the perimeter the entire second half. We didn't attack at all

That is a pretty damning picture for the refs. Clearly a foul. It is par for the course of collegiate officiating though. It is flat out awful.

That sad, no excuse. We should have never been in the situation to begin with.

That's what happens when the other team (us) stands and tosses the ball around the perimeter the entire second half. We didn't attack at all

That's certainly part of it...but the officials definitely let them play. Felt like we got whistled for some ticky tack stuff at the beginning of both halves...

I am not of the opinion that the refs cost us the game...they didn't.

I am really becoming concerned about JC coaching style - I guess last year he got away with just sitting back and letting the game unfold but he does not have KM and CE anymore - clearly this team has a problem with stopping the bleeding once it starts. I guess if he we had somebody else besides MM to shoot the 3 things might be different but we are really hamstrung with trying to score when the other team pushes us out. Can some one explain to me why JJ was standing at the wing for one of the possession late waiting for a pass for the 3 - he is not 3pt shooter.

+1

Instead of trying to figure out other teams' defense we need to attack more.

I generally avoid pinning the result on officiating because there are so many factors that affect a game, like hitting or missing free throws, additional time on the clock to make a play, etc. With that said, that no call almost has me pinning the result on the officiating. Obvious foul. Ideally we'd get some points off the free throws, and SBU doesn't get the play in transition. Maybe they still go down and hit a three, but the situation's different.