Season NOT Over

Bills By 40

Can I get a list of the positives from last night's loss?

It's all mental. Everybody has mentioned how we've been dragging ourselves through the quicksand lately, and we clearly went into this game thinking we were invincible. We did NOT look like a top 10 team tonight. That being said, Saturday we're probably considered an underdog after that loss. Upsets are what SLU seems to do best (hopefully on the right side of the upset next time). Now our team can just gather their thoughts and get their heads out of their asess. We'll come out better than ever.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all mental. Everybody has mentioned how we've been dragging ourselves through the quicksand lately, and we clearly went into this game thinking we were invincible. We did NOT look like a top 10 team tonight. That being said, Saturday we're probably considered an underdog after that loss. Upsets are what SLU seems to do best (hopefully on the right side of the upset next time). Now our team can just gather their thoughts and get their heads out of their asess. We'll come out better than ever.

We will need to be better than we have been all year to win on Saturday. The good thing is most of the team took the night off last night so they should be well rested.

I don't see how upsets are what SLU does best?

I actually agree with you that a lot of it is mental but I think a lot is physical too. I worry that because we haven't been able to blow teams out lately, that our guys are tiring down. But we certainly did not look mentally ready for last night's game. We didn't look mentally into the game until there were about 5 minutes left. But for all we hear about the great leadership and level headedness of our seniors, I don't see how you can overlook any team. That's the exact thing that they've been trying to pride themselves on all season.

We will need to be better than we have been all year to win on Saturday. The good thing is most of the team took the night off last night so they should be well rested.

I was talking before the game about how Majerus always said Lisch never took a possession off and that I wanted to see how our guys did with that during the game. Wasn't a good game to judge.

I would have been happy finishing out 3-1 (loss to either VCU or UMASS), but this is ridiculous. This type of loss, in front of 10k+ at home, is not only going to hurt our seed, but also recruiting. Not to mention the fact that we've finally got great crowds coming to the games. Time to step it up, boys....better go 3-0 and try to forget this one.

Am I the only one who thought the crowd sucked last night? 25% couldn't even find their seat before tip. Lone bright spot was the student section. Go figure.

Because we have rationale and faith in our team? That argument doesn't make much sense... What I'm saying is not that I'm glad we lost, but I'm optimistic about the effects the loss will have on us. We're gonna come out on Saturday as the underdog now... what SLU does best. I think we have more of a chance of winning at VCU now than we did two days ago. The "fans" on this board are ridiculous; overreacting when we do something slightly good, thinking the world's coming to an end when we slip. Calm the ###### down.

I'm one of the most optimistic fans on this board, but that was a terrible loss. We start 5 seniors. That shouldn't happen. It's not like we sent 3 or 4 sophomores out there and they laid an egg against a ###### opponent. No, our guys are battle tested. You telling people to calm down is ridiculous. If we needed extra motivation for the game at VCU then we were never going to win it anyways.

We can still win at VCU but we're going to need to bring a lot more focus and urgency. Fuxking terrible performance last night.

And we were going to be the underdog on Saturday either way. So I would have preferred to, you know, win against Duquesne and be the underdog at VCU rather than what actually happened.

P.S. Fuxk VCU. Fuxk gimmick. And fuxk Shaka.

The bandwagon fans like myself are the reason there is more than 6K in the joint.

I didn't notice many fans leave before the 18-2 run. It seemed like they did after that.

Agree completely. I'm a diehard and will watch every game on whatever crappy feed I can. But the only way this program makes strides are with bandwagon fans. Diehard fans who can't realize this are delusional, and there are plenty of them on this board.

WELCOME ABOARD BANDWAGON FANS!!! We need you. Don't quit after this loss. It is a minor hiccup. I'm not concerned at all. We'd been playing with fire in the past few games. Better now than March. We'll regroup and beat VCU...again.

The bandwagon fans like myself are the reason there is more than 6K in the joint.

I didn't notice many fans leave before the 18-2 run. It seemed like they did after that.

What? Do people generally leave single-digit games with 10 mins remaining, when the home team is on a 19-game win streak? Should I continue?

Am I the only one who thought the crowd sucked last night? 25% couldn't even find their seat before tip. Lone bright spot was the student section. Go figure.

Lady in front of me was watching the Ohio St vs Penn St game on her phone and texting her friend about it non stop.

Guy in front of me had binoculars. Didn't know we were sitting in the top left field corner of Busch Stadium

What? Do people generally leave single-digit games with 10 mins remaining, when the home team is on a 19-game win streak? Should I continue?

I was literally yelling at people as they left my section. "ITS A SINGLE DIGIT GAME WITH (x #) OF MINUTES LEFT HOW THE HELL ARE YOU LEAVING?!?!" That was embarrassing. I don't understand what you want out of a game when you buy tickets to it, yet you leave during the best part. Waste of a seat imo.

Their money is just as green as ours.

Capitalism is the only good thing you can take from it... unless you're a photographer. More people in the seats = better pictures of the games.

And on a side-note: If I get told to sit-down one more time this year, I'm gonna hit somebody. It'll be a single digit game, we hit a clutch three or make a layup and pick up the foul, and I'll stand up and cheer. Or I'll stand the last minute to two minutes of the game. DEAL WITH IT. THAT'S WHAT A FAN SHOULD DO.

I confess to leaving early yesterday. My 3 year old had enough and was starting to throw a temper tantrum. While I didnt blame him I did feel bad to leave with just over 5 min left but figured it was for the best.

Other than extenuating circumstances like DirtyRican, I don't understand people who leave early. You paid for 40 minutes of basketball, why wouldn't you get everything out of that money. I've sat through many terrible games as a Brewers and Bucks fan, but you stay, you get your closure that yes we really just laid a giant egg, and then you can go home

Dwayne's World said that the bandwagon fans "left before the team officially lost." In a light manner, I surmised that the game was officially lost during the 18-2 run.

Do you get it now?

RB2. I won't quit on them. I will be back for the Dayton game, and I'll will watch the A10 and NCAA tourney games on TV.

MM. Is 6K empty? I might be wrong, but I thought I read that between season ticket holders and student tickets, that total is a little over 6,000. That's where I got that number.