OT Marcus Smart loses it

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the fan did say something really inflammatory, then I think Smart is catching too much crap for his reaction. Yes, Smart should be disciplined and yes, we'd all like to act like he should have behaved differently, but at the end of the day, he's still a young adult that had just played a hard game. I'm not going to jump all over Smart for reacting how he did if this fan was hurling incendiary things at him.

I'll be anxious to see how the conference handles this situation. Obviously this will set a precedent for all future occasions like this. TTU should handle #1 fan appropriately. Looks like this guy is a dipśhit by all the reported accounts but Smart should have kept his cool. Fans yell hit all game. Fans yell at players, coaches, refs, and other fans (see 05 and the Sasquatch from the other team's fans flicking him off).

Now this raises a more important question: how show Bo Borowski be handled for approaching the Rammer? Rammer should have T'ed Bo up.

Up there for worst post of the year. Yea I'm being super racist judging the white trash who used any of the phrases mentioned in this thread to a 19-year old college kid playing a game. Yea, people here are freaking out... It's ironic. Sorry, take some context clues next time.

I am not taking the mans side. There is no evidence to take any persons side in this, other then Smart shoved some old dude.

I used my basic detective skills with the information I have which is mostly the video. If the man called him the N word SOMEONE in his section would have looked back at the fan like "WTF". Absolutely no one reacted to anything the guy said.

Calling it like I see it. If it comes out that the dude was throwing around the N word, then I will eat my words, call the dude a fat old white racist and the dude will get what he deserves.

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-j9eXcaHew

The dude stepped on Smart... Old dude is probably nuts.

I am not taking the mans side. There is no evidence to take any persons side in this, other then Smart shoved some old dude.

I used my basic detective skills with the information I have which is mostly the video. If the man called him the N word SOMEONE in his section would have looked back at the fan like "WTF". Absolutely no one reacted to anything the guy said. My common sense would tell me that this old dude has been in Marcus's ear all game, and finally with the last play of the game, Marcus had enough of the dudes talking and confronted him. Hell, if I was getting it all game from some old dude, I would have been frustrated as all hell and went to confront him too. If the dude told me to sit down *****, I would have wanted to confront him and shove him.

Calling it like I see it. If it comes out that the dude was throwing around the N word, then I will eat my words, call the dude a fat old white racist and the dude will get what he deserves.

Lets not jump to conclusions about racism by being racist toward the old dude. Why dont you just wait till the facts come out. If the guy wasn't a white dude, I doubt many of you would be jumping to the N word conclusion.

Let's not jump to conclusions? Go re-read your first post in this thread. And then give yourself a timeout because what you're saying isn't a good look. BTW the latest rumor is that the idiot told him to "go back to Africa." Dude deserved to get his ass kicked.

Anyone who actually believes nothing racist was said is extremely ignorant. NO ONE reacts like he did to normal trash talk.

I pray we don't face OK State in the tourney because I have a feeling Smart is going to go on a rampage when he gets back from his (short) suspension.

Let's not jump to conclusions? Go re-read your first post in this thread. And then give yourself a timeout because what you're saying isn't a good look. BTW the latest rumor is that the idiot told him to "go back to Africa." Dude deserved to get his ass kicked.

If the dude said go back to Africa, Old dude got waht he deserved

Anyone who actually believes nothing racist was said is extremely ignorant. NO ONE reacts like he did to normal trash talk.

I pray we don't face OK State in the tourney because I have a feeling Smart is going to go on a rampage when he gets back from his (short) suspension.

Agree with you on the incident. Disagree re: us playing OSU/smart. I actually think between DE and GG, we matchup pretty well with Smart.

Yeah, because 17, 5, and 4 is a nightmare of a season. Get a grip. And anyone who actually believes that idiot didn't say something racial is a moron.

Oh, and add in the fact that he's still going to be a top 5 pick in the draft. SUCH a nightmare of a season.

For-DaLove - I have a lot of respect for you and always read your posts, but what you said above is very offensive and in itself is very racist. Disappointing. Whatever the fan said, he should just keep his mouth shut but for you to make an assumption of what he said based on his race and then suggest that anyone who doesn't agree is a "moron" is really sad.

Agree with you on the incident. Disagree re: us playing OSU/smart. I actually think between DE and GG, we matchup pretty well with Smart.

My point was really just that I think he's going to dominate the rest of the year. I agree we could match up with them. Although DE or GG could not guard him. We would have to stick JJ on him

Smart is a guard. I would imagine the task of shopping him would fall onto the shoulders of JJ and maybe a little MM.

Yeah, because 17, 5, and 4 is a nightmare of a season. Get a grip. And anyone who actually believes that idiot didn't say something racial is a moron.

Oh, and add in the fact that he's still going to be a top 5 pick in the draft. SUCH a nightmare of a season.

You're right, nightmare season is probably extreme. But, I don't see him being a top 5 pick anymore.

I love you telling people to get a grip and in the same post dismiss any notion that perhaps the guy didn't say anything racist. No one knows what he said - yet.

I'll wager all of the monies he won't be a Top 5 pick.

For-DaLove - I have a lot of respect for you and always read your posts, but what you said above is very offensive and in itself is very racist. Disappointing. Whatever the fan said, he should just keep his mouth shut but for you to make an assumption of what he said based on his race and then suggest that anyone who doesn't agree is a "moron" is really sad.

Maybe my name calling wasn't fair, I'll accept that. I'm making my assumptions based on the whole situation and his behavior in the past. There was nothing racist about my assumption.

I am a white male, btw, but situations like this really piss me off. Our society has not come as far as we like to act. Situations like this and the Richard Sherman scenario show this.

The majority of us on this board could never be subjected to the type of words that Smart was likely told. And that's fact.

Smart is a guard. I would imagine the task of shopping him would fall onto the shoulders of JJ and maybe a little MM.

Plays bigger than a guard though, right? Maybe DE wasn't the right call, but still see GG harassing the heck out of him. And JJ, well, we know what JJ would do.

Maybe my name calling wasn't fair, I'll accept that. I'm making my assumptions based on the whole situation and his behavior in the past. There was nothing racist about my assumption.

I am a white male, btw, but situations like this really piss me off. Our society has not come as far as we like to act. Situations like this and the Richard Sherman scenario show this.

The majority of us on this board could never be subjected to the type of words that Smart was likely told. And that's fact.

Completely agree.