The State of the Season

ACE

Thank you Absurd Bills fan, your approval means a lot to me. Metadata analysis is something that is widely used in medical research, epidemiology, actuarial research, and market analysis. It is a good technique even if it does not appear to say much.

You're darned right my approval means a lot to you (he says, rubbing his hands together as he looks at his red moderator's button) ;)

How many more wins do the Bills need to get before they start getting any type of top 25 votes?

Getting a quality win at Vandy would help. No ranking, just votes. If we would have won that WSU game, would have probably been ranked now.

Just remember last year, we started 1-2 conference. Loss to RI and Temple. Then it all clicked mid January and we went on tear til the A10 Tourney. The one loss away to X did not really hurt us. Ended up 13th in the AP.

Lets win at Vandy and make this easier.

GW getting a lot of love in the polls. Are they for real? They do have some nice Ws. Vandy's a must win for us. It's clear we have to schedule about 3-4 BCSers in OOC.

I am under the assumption we will play anybody, but not everybody is willing to play us

How many more wins do the Bills need to get before they start getting any type of top 25 votes?

I will change the question a little to read ...When can we make it to the top 25?....because it is always possible to get a few votes. As a point of reference, I have the Bills at 29. But even if I had them in the top 25 that is different than being ranked in the national polls which sometimes is more like a popularity poll. I rarely have a quarrel with the top 15,( except maybe the order) but i sometimes feel the pollsters are just guessing at 15-25 or just filling up their dance card.

So what does it take for the Bills to get ranked? ...A signature win (beating a ranked team) or a signature event (an unusal important event). I don't see any signature wins on the horizon. UMass is ranked but who knows where they will be by March. How about a signature event? Well, if the Bills win the next 9 (through George Mason) that would be significant....The Post headline would read ...Bills off to best start in their history....also a 14 game win streak....that would be an eye catcher. How likely is that to happen? It is possible....The key win in that stretch would be Dayton....right now I have them even. A win over Vandy and Dayton and we would have a good chance to run the table through the Mason game and then get ranked. Things that could speed the process a bit would be double digit wins against Vandy and Dayton.

To the point SLU72 made about GW getting some votes. They are a very good team ( B+ ....currently, I have them as last 4 out ) but not as good as the Bills (A) . They are receiving votes because they have a signature win over Creighton ...18th at the time. They could be ranked by the time we play them but by then we might also be ranked.

The road to the poll goes through Nashville.....just win

The popularity contest was kind of what I meant. Beating everyone you play except 2 top 10 teams, and having a chance to win both of those, to me, warrants consideration in the top 25 already. But SLU is SLU, so no one outside of STL is noticing much. I guess what I meant was how many more wins till people start taking notice? I think after Vandy you might be right.

The popularity contest was kind of what I meant. Beating everyone you play except 2 top 10 teams, and having a chance to win both of those, to me, warrants consideration in the top 25 already. But SLU is SLU, so no one outside of STL is noticing much. I guess what I meant was how many more wins till people start taking notice? I think after Vandy you might be right.

Losing the home game doesn't help.

It will be in conference season (after @Dayton and @URI) before we see votes.

So why do you want so much to be noticed, sometimes it is better to be in a stealth mode and surprise them. Some of the upcoming conference games will be tough (Dayton, VCU, UMass) some will not be so tough. I believe we are capable of winning all of the remaining games until the end of the schedule.