definition of a "slow billikenboard day"

our only activity consists of disgruntled end of the bench ex-jillikens continuing their personal rant against jill pizzotti and a post about hockey.

>our only activity consists of disgruntled end of the bench

>ex-jillikens continuing their personal rant against jill

>pizzotti and a post about hockey.

You might want to wander over to the Tigerboard and peruse the article from the Cleveland Plain Dealer on new information about O'Brien and OSU. What a fiasco this may turn out to be. If all true, people who admired O'Brien, including Brad, really got slickered. This doesn't appear to be an isolated instance. they're not talking sandwiches and cokes. He admitted a $6,000 payment to one guy.

it's regressing. Jeez, I haven't posted a lot recently because there are no real topics us far away fans can contribute to. Hockey and for that matter all pro sports discussions should be banned unless it pertains to college hoops/athletics in some way. No offense Shaz, but I could give a rat's behind about hockey and the TB Lightning. What, no one out there in Billiken nation, read locals, have anything to report on our Billikens? Whose playing at West Pine, what's Lisch, Lidell, Polk, Meyer doing this summer to improve? Has anyone seen Alexander or Newburne around. Hey, Daddy Frericks, how's TF recovery coming along....he's so critical to next year...this should be a major topic. Recruiting? Well, UB's plays it pretty close to the vest, so thank God for P-diddy, the spy in the sky for us Bills fans. I spoke with an old friend, all my friends are these days, about the situation with Ohio State. Ain't looking good for the Buckeyes. Also, he said Buckeye fans will be watching the Mizzery situation closely. If they get hit hard, there will be a hue and cry if Mizzery gets off lightly. This guy, and he is well connected to Buckeye sports, says after OSU lost out to Paulding and Johnson the gloves were off when it came to pursuing recruits. He indicates a lot of people in the business know what it took for Q to land those two. Couldn't help myself, with this shortage of Bills info, Mizzery's problems are the only game in town these days

brad's "shooting camp" at belleville athoff is tomorrow evening and saturday morning. my daughter is going, so i will hang around and listen for brad pearls of wisdom.

a little bird told me there is a rumor that centralia's top guard is moving and will be transferring to althoff to play alongside kevin. i have also heard rumors that there is a legendary high school giant sophomore to be at cairo high school that is considering the same thing. (cairo may be suspended from participating in high school basketball next year due to the fan riot at the high school sectional championship last year) add to the above rumors the fact that althoff's enrollment fell to under the large school cutoff and althoff has been assigned small school status for next season, the pressure is on the lisch led team to win the state tourney next year now for sure.

besides the shootout at the savvis, i have heard that althoff will also be playing this winter in that giant shootout in kentucky. add to kevin playing in the nike camp this summer, the world that doesnt know about kevin will soon and with that the "what's a billiken?" question starts again.

slu72...we have not disagreed on many topics lately, but on this one we will. You can bet your rats behind that had the St. Louis Blues just won Lord Stanley's Cup there would be some crowing about it on this and many other websites where St. Louis area natives post. Frankly, even I will be happy to see the day the Blues win the Cup, that is if I don't jump off the Sunshine Skyway Bridge before hand. Heck I seem to recall last year, you crowing about a Giants win over the Rams.

Hey, I agree with you that most of the banter should be about the Billikens and even I get perturbed when I read the threads that go on and on about SPUMAC. However, it is an open forum for Billiken fans opinions and not all will be related to Billiken sports. Frankly, that is what I think in cool about this website, as I have gooten to know more about fellow posters from their non-Billiken posts.

It's off-season and I like many of my fellow Tampa Bay area residents have gotten caught up in the hoopla of winning the Stanley Cup. By the way, don't get super offended if I throw in a comment or two about the Laker-Piston series, as I am a sports crazed fan of most sports. Gee, I'll even be pulling for Lance Armstrong in his bid for No. 6...he and I have something in common, we both ride Trek bikes.

>This guy,

>and he is well connected to Buckeye sports, says after OSU

>lost out to Paulding and Johnson the gloves were off when it

>came to pursuing recruits. He indicates a lot of people in

>the business know what it took for Q to land those two.

>Couldn't help myself, with this shortage of Bills info,

>Mizzery's problems are the only game in town these days

Wrong answer (check the timeline). Savovic started at OSU in FALL 1998 (alleged payments start then). O'Brien confessed to payments to Radojevic in MAY 1999. Arthur Johnson and Ricky Paulding signed to Missouri in OCTOBER/NOVEMBER 1999.

And to be clear Quinn Snyder was not involved in Garfield's assassination (or the malpractice that killed him) as he was not born yet.

Iggy,

LOL! The folks on one of the Blues chat websites already picked up on the fact that St. Louis will have his name engraved on the Stanley Cup forever. Pound for pound (at about 5'7" 165 soaking wet) the best player in the NHL. He should win the Hart Trophy tonight, his stats and year were easily the BEST.

russell mackins. i have heard fabulous too good to be true stories about the young man. i am sure earl austin jr could fill us in more. i have heard he is about the size of grimes and much more athletic. no idea how true.

you wont catch me watching any blues activities either in person or on tv until they make right the injustice done to brett hull who should have retired a blue. the greatest winger in history that almost single handedly saved the franchise. of course he was thanked with a ticket to dallas. hockey in texas is about as ridiculous as......well......maybe tampa? ;-)

the tigerboard today and saw that there was an interesting post from a young man that linked to an article whereby the ncaa has closed their books on their investigation on recent transgressions at rhode island. apparently riu and the ncaa have agreed that a loss of a scholarship was sufficient penalty for their past misdeeds. the tigerboard poster was offering that the tiger$ accusations are no more severe thus wont be penalized anymore.

what the tigerboard poster wasnt calculating though is that riu no longer has those cheating head coaches around, and that riu self penalized themselves. thus far, the tiger$ continue to protect the wonderboy and they are not offering any self penalties other than they billed clemons for his atv ride and his meals with helen $nyder. the continued denial by the tiger fandom that nothing is wrong is so entertaining.

Maybe you haven't noticed, but we have a pretty good baseball team in town. I would think that would be more interesting to you right now than Mizzou. I know it is to me. But then I derive more enjoyment out of positive things than the misfortune, or even misdeeds, of others.

if you are talking about the cardinals, you wouldnt know it by the horrible performance today. it is making me ill.

It is too bad that Marquis could not answer the bell today...I think that I read his problem was his back. Really the Cards starting pitching has been better than I expected by a long shot. A split with the Flubs in Wrigley under today's circumstances...Harren as emergency call up starter isn't the end of the world.

doesnt each player have limited number of callups and send downs before being frozen on a roster? it seems to me that this was a bad call. to expect haran to be in the right frame of mind on such short notice is crazy. and now if they send him right back down and bring tuguci back up both have wasted options. might as well have pitched mckay or eldred if you ask me. but we have a genius for a cardinal manager.

Yes call ups are limited ... 3 or 4 I think ... but I don't know the rule for sure. I can't beleive TL left him in for so long. Thats gotta be good for his head. I know people are either Tl lovers or haters ... I think he has some good things ... but to me the bad outweigh the good.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

I agree with you, maybe it's the timeframe but I can't even get a response to two requests for any info on the team working out together this summer. I am tired of reading about hockey and Mizzou basketball!

Actually a player had 3 years in which he has options. A team can send a player up and down as many times as they want each season. The limit is on only 3 years of options not the mumber of times up and down. So getting a start for Haren today was a lot better than throwing an end of the bullpen guy out there, unfortunately Haren just didn't have it today I guess.

MUTiger, at this point I don't think it is about the alleged misdeeds, it's about the fans who choose not to recognize, or choose to justify, the misdeeds. The one who amazes me the most is Drecar, as Drew's father-in-law was Missouri to the core, and ruthlessly honest at all times. There are many giants in the Mizzou atheletic history whose integrity can never be questioned, but Q and company are doing a fine job besmirching an honorable program and past outstanding people.

I did a test drive by the new arena site yesterday morning, and the milk run took 13 minutes in morning rush hour from our house. It is real important to know exactly how close you can cut it in the event unexpected delays occur before a future basketball game!:-)