streets

word on the street is that another guard is supposed to visit this week. his name is dupree lucas and he plays for redlands junior college in oklahoma. this looks like a jamal walker connection. have at it folks.

bad boyz for life

p.s. mark anthony, huh.

when Brad said how the new rules, or tightened rules, were really goint to limit the number of Juco's SLU could bring in. He almost made it sound like they weren't going to be able to get any. Now, how many have we signed and how many are we still after?

Amazing. What happened between then and now. Is it the academic quality of these particular recruits?

Agreed. Redlands has a number of Division 1 players every year and we have a former Billiken on their staff. It's in SLU's best interest to keep the lines of communications open. But when all is said and done, I expect Lisch and Liddell are the only guards that will sign a LOI in the fall.

It is always interesting to have information on who is visiting - any recruiting information. I must say I have complete confidence in Brad and his staff on the overall recruiting situation. He seems to be very good at talent evaluation and the politics of recruiting. His job is the most linked to the success and failure of recruiting. To date, I am really excited about the update in talent and it is refreshing to know that player recruitment seems to be in good hands. Brad will get the players that are needed. Period. Let's enjoy the team and how they play.

I think Brad might be looking at Tommie in a similar vein that Illinois uses Luther Head. Both are skywalking PFs that can bring the ball up court under pressure, but can also benefit the team greatly by creating mismatches without the ball. It has been an extremely long time since we have had three players who will be able to execute backcuts and slipscreens at high level, and with the speed to lose their man and the help man dropping down.

Hopefully Meyer is practicing 12 to 20 foot jumpers all day long, because he is going to be open for three years if Alexander, Polk, and Liddell click in Brad's system. I see as much talent and speed as I can remember, going back to when Irving, Lenard, Rogers, and Martinez were suiting up to play. We can hope that Dwayne will prove to be a good steward of the ball as he steps up from PHL to CUSA, which is a pretty tall order. It killed an earlier top 25 class of recruits we brought in, but I will enjoy watching this team mature!

broy, I think a bunch of us are scratching our heads trying to read this situation. With what I know, it seems like I'm looking at five or six pieces of a 50 piece puzzle and can't visualize the finished product. We simply don't know at this time what the other pieces of the puzzle look like. As close as we posters follow the program, it's amazing how much of the "inside stuff" we don't know!

what i am guessing is that brad had big time confidence in bryce husak, justin johnson and ian vouyoukas. while i consider all three projects and feel we will be lucky to hit on two of the three and even then i believe they will only be moderate "successes", if brad soderberg is convinced that all three will be big successes and be major contributors by the 2005-2006 season, then his puzzle piecework makes sense. since brad has forgotten more about basketball than any of us, i will have to defer to that. i sure hope he is right.

nothing else makes sense in this "puzzle" if you ask me.

well i havent really bought in. just accepted it. personally from what i have seen, if coach soderberg is right, he is the best teaching basketball coach in the history of the world.

polk, meyer, lisch, alexander, clarke......yeah, i can see where we need to insure that.

seriously, if the kid at the juco is just a stud, then by all means, bring him on. but if he isnt more than what i have listed above, i would think we could find similar after the fact when liddell gave us this unlikely bad news.