Depth?

AlumniFan

Does tonight's game answer the questions about depth? Lancona looked great in his 14 minutes. Crawford only played limited minutes, but showed he can take it inside (even if he didn't score). Agbeko also looked great in limited minutes. Manning had an okay game with three big blocks. And McBroom looks very good and is getting a lot of minutes.

What's not to like!!!!

Does tonight's game answer the questions about depth? Lancona looked great in his 14 minutes. Crawford only played limited minutes, but showed he can take it inside (even if he didn't score). Agbeko also looked great in limited minutes. Manning had an okay game with three big blocks. And McBroom looks very good and is getting a lot of minutes.

What's not to like!!!!

What was JC chewing on mcbroom about at the end of game?

Our bench played as good as our starters for much of the night. It was very promising to see. I absolutely loved Mannings performance tonight. It was the best I'd seen from him. Lancona was excellent. Crawford didn't get any to fall but looked good. RA and AM were mighty fine as well. The opponent was less then stellar though, and the game was sloppy overall, especially in the first half, but nevertheless the game was exciting to watch, particularly the less than usual suspects.

No kidding! My wife said it was like he was chewing a big hunk of caramel!

Oops! I thought you were talking about the post game interview with Earl Austin Junya. Anyway he was chewing something during the interview AND he was all over Austin at the end.

Also, did you see when Grandy was talking to Crews and Crews looked away and Grandy gave Crews a gentle slap on his cheek to get him to pay attention to him? It was pretty funny! Reminds me of when I wouldn't pay attention to my four year old daughter and she would grab my face and turn my head to face her.

As I said before this team is deeper than last years team. Manning, Agbeko, Lancona, McBroom and Crawford can all give us quality minutes. The freshman will make their mistakes (lancona's 4 fouls in 14 minutes), but they are fun to watch. Looking better for next year, can see a lineup of Manning, Glaze, Agbeko, Ash and Yacoubou with Crawford and Lancona coming off the bench. Mix and match as you will but even without the incoming freshman we have a team!!

It will be interesting to see how the freshman progress this year.

As I said before this team is deeper than last years team. Manning, Agbeko, Lancona, McBroom and Crawford can all give us quality minutes. The freshman will make their mistakes (lancona's 4 fouls in 14 minutes), but they are fun to watch. Looking better for next year, can see a lineup of Manning, Glaze, Agbeko, Ash and Yacoubou with Crawford and Lancona coming off the bench. Mix and match as you will but even without the incoming freshman we have a team!!

I don't see GG and RA on the floor together consistently. I think it's way too early to decide who's going to start next year. I'll call McBroom right now, but other than that I wouldn't want to guess.

You forgot Jake B in your depth listing of non-starters, so it's even better.

What about guards Austin and McBroom??

Barnett won't be here next year.

I think he was talking about depth for this year. That was my original point as some were questioning our depth for the current season.

I think he was talking about depth for this year. That was my original point as some were questioning our depth for the current season.

Okay; I can see that now. There were two parts to the post in question: this year's depth and next year's lineup. When I saw the post referring to Barnett's omission, I didn't account for the first part of the post.

Unprecedented depth. Way too early to get way excited as we've played 5 decidedly un big dance worthy patsies but the new kids fit in with rest of team so far imho. Our eleventh man game into this game averaging almost a point a minute! practices and 5 on 5 during such must be productive.

Unprecedented depth. Way too early to get way excited as we've played 5 decidedly un big dance worthy patsies but the new kids fit in with rest of team so far imho. Our eleventh man game into this game averaging almost a point a minute! practices and 5 on 5 during such must be productive.[/quot

Having Ash to be on the scout team has to really help as well.

Having Ash to be on the scout team has to really help as well.

I think this is why a lot of the perennial top teams are so good - they are so deep that every practice is like playing a tough competitor. And, because they consistently win, they consistently attract a roster of virtually 100% top recruits. It becomes virtuous circle. I hope we are heading in that direction.

I think this is why a lot of the perennial top teams are so good - they are so deep that every practice is like playing a tough competitor. And, because they consistently win, they consistently attract a roster of virtually 100% top recruits. It becomes virtuous circle. I hope we are heading in that direction.

I really think we are headed in that direction. Some College teams ride a very good recruiting class into the NCAA, and then once they graduate, they slide. That could have started this year, with the loss of Mitchell and Ellis. However, I think we are actually a better team this year. McBroom is showing us he is a playmaker, and is starting to hit from 3, now the freshman are making meaningful contributions. However seeing the contributions the Freshaman have made so far, I am encouraged for next year. We will be younger, less experienced but a solid foundation to build on. A solid foundation to recruit from as well. IF you were a local 4-5 star player say from a private school north of highway 40, wouldn't this be the type of team you might want to join in a year or two....?