Signed LOIs

bauman

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not think he is a PR type of guy. PR guys can be counted upon to have a good catchy line and a manner that invites confidence in them. To think about it this is not far from the description of a con man. I imagine Madoff was great in social situations and had a really glib and well studied line.

I think Miles Reynolds is first and foremost a kid that is enthusiastic and that likes to transmit that enthusiasm to others, particularly to his close friends. He is one kid that likes to share and spread his good fortune. This makes him a LOT better for SLU than any PR type would be, anytime, anywhere.

I mean it in the fact that he's always got the happy face in public. Not the Enron type.

Glad Bartley is in. He is the most needed and looks to me as possibly the best of this recruiting class. A highly skilled 6'3" or so PG is just what the doctor ordered for next year-he should come in and get lots of playing time. I really look forward to a backcourt (#1-#3) of Bartley, AY and MC with AM, MR and DR filling in. I think we are in great shape in the backcourt for the next 4 years.

Agree, although I would expect a bit of a drop-off next year (especially early in the year) based soley on the high number of underclassman that will need to play prominent roles. With only 2 Seniors and 2 Juniors we'll be younger than we've been in a long time.

Agree, although I would expect a bit of a drop-off next year (especially early in the year) based soley on the high number of underclassman that will need to play prominent roles. With only 2 Seniors and 2 Juniors we'll be younger than we've been in a long time.

Agreed. Next year could be really rough early with only 2 point guards and one of those being a freshman.

Agreed. Next year could be really rough early with only 2 point guards and one of those being a freshman.

From my view I think it will be really exciting to see the development of next year's class on the heels of the current players (including Ash) Those are 9 potentially really good players who will be fitting in with Grandy as their emotional leader and big John hopefully as a strong force in the middle of the defense. I would love to see John develop as a Chris Heinrich type strong big man for his senior year. Then our two thin but skilled bigs can develop the strength they need without having to be major contributors as frosh. I do disagree that we will only have two point guards. McBroom will be back and we have Bartley and Miles R who have both played a lot of point, including on their AAU teams and even Roby has played some point at times. We will be a bit inexperienced but those are really solid players with size and athleticism. I am excited already!!!!!!

From my view I think it will be really exciting to see the development of next year's class on the heels of the current players (including Ash) Those are 9 potentially really good players who will be fitting in with Grandy as their emotional leader and big John hopefully as a strong force in the middle of the defense. I would love to see John develop as a Chris Heinrich type strong big man for his senior year. Then our two thin but skilled bigs can develop the strength they need without having to be major contributors as frosh. I do disagree that we will only have two point guards. McBroom will be back and we have Bartley and Miles R who have both played a lot of point, including on their AAU teams and even Roby has played some point at times. We will be a bit inexperienced but those are really solid players with size and athleticism. I am excited already!!!!!!

I share your excitement about watching our young talent evolve...just preparing for the growing pains that come with watching young talent evolve.

Two PGs is plenty. Early give AM 28 min and MB 12 and gradually even it out as the season progresses. I think we will be fine early next year. We can pick a starting 5 from GG,JM,AM,AY,MC,TL and RA. Not too shabby. Throw in the three smaller recruits in this year's class, all of whom have great creds, and I like what I see. Remember it is still possible to add a player of value now or in the Spring recruiting period. The above allows us to bring BJ and AG along slowly and/or redshirt one of them to even out the scholarship by year concern.

Like Billikenswin, I am excited about the future.

The hat was not on the table. However, I bet you there was a SLU hat within 100ft of the table. Sooo close

How about the crestfallen Illini? Huge big man Alexander from Chicago, supposedly a force like Okafor, was touted as selecting the Illini and at the last minute he picked Kansas. Just before that one of the top ranked point guards in the country who had committed to Illinois announced he had signed with Louisville--a shock to all concerned. This is the best evidence you can find of how difficult and gut wrenching the recruiting of high school kids can be, particularly those top 50 kids with so many folks pulling and pushing them literally up to the last minutes!

How about the crestfallen Illini? Huge big man Alexander from Chicago, supposedly a force like Okafor, was touted as selecting the Illini and at the last minute he picked Kansas. Just before that one of the top ranked point guards in the country who had committed to Illinois announced he had signed with Louisville--a shock to all concerned. This is the best evidence you can find of how difficult and gut wrenching the recruiting of high school kids can be, particularly those top 50 kids with so many folks pulling and pushing them literally up to the last minutes!

Alexander is a punk...he even picked up the Illinois hat first as a joke...

These young men are excited to play for the Billikens.

Also, we are very happy to have them aboard.

As a long time fan who always had heart failure over our slow and sometimes nonexistant fall commitments I am really happy about this fall class. I think every one of these players has the potential to be excellent contributors long term for our Billikens and they seem to be the under the radar highly motivated players like our Mr. Evans and Mr Conklin who have excelled at SLU!