Billiken Madness

slu72 fan

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If that is true...I will be able to watch while in NY. I cannot wait to see the guys play. Should be a good time to grade that freshman class or at least catch a glimpse of what they bring to the table for SLU. "Dunk city baby!"

Seems like the scrimmages will be for 10 minutes for each team. Heard there will be a layup line so you should be able to see some hops on display. Should be a fun time for all fans. Hope Crawford will display that 40+ vertical on the rim! Wonder if it will be starting 5 versus 2nd group? Please get some video footage for the board..still not confident will be shown live.

Shocked and amazed about the empty seats but I understand when you got some major events going on in St. Louis you might not get a good turnout. Teams looked really good out there.

Shocked and amazed about the empty seats but I understand when you got some major events going on in St. Louis you might not get a good turnout. Teams looked really good out there.

And when you market it terribly...the beat goes on with the SLU marketing team.

Really expected a bigger turnout especially from the student body but that didn't even happen. Maybe I just expected too much like Midnight Madness at the big BCS programs. We need to step it up. Wasted opportunity in my book to market the Billikens. You have a great team there with excellent stories to tell. Really gotta do more than this especially with what SLU did last season. Tell the story....

Thanks for clearing that up because I realized later there was a decent crowd there from the camera side once I started seeing the pictures. Good to hear but I would love to see this become more of a marquee event that can used to bring in recruits and broadcasted nationally. Those are some goals I tell ya!

Thanks for clearing that up because I realized later there was a decent crowd there from the camera side once I started seeing the pictures. Good to hear but I would love to see this become more of a marquee event that can used to bring in recruits and broadcasted nationally. Those are some goals I tell ya!

Then I'm afraid you'd have to cut out the women's team portion. I can't remember the last time I've seen so many missed layups and bricked jumpers.

Did we ever get a respectable crowd? Any reports on the Frosh would be appreciated. I know West Pine was there, c'mon, Jim, info please.

There were several hundred people there, maybe 500, Larry, but the timing of this event was terrible, what with baseball going on and all. Agreed, not marketed well, either. I went primarily to see the freshmen. Lancona and Agbeko seemed the same height to me, so maybe they both really are 6'8, or at least close to it. Reggie's got the muscles, Tanner's got the nice 3 pt. shot. Not this year, but next year, TL will be a lefty Cody Ellis. Crawford didn't stick out too much but he seems like a solid, tough kid to me. Yacoubou didn't do much but he sure looks great in a Bills uni. The veterans dominated the scrimmage and although we haven't practiced that much yet it was clear that we have a solid, good team. No surprise there, would we expect any less ? Glaze looked pretty good, better than I thought he ever would be with the ball in his hands out on the floor. Manning will be very serviceable. McBroom looked good on some drives. Did you recognize Jake with his longer hair ? Abe Lincoln lite. Cody, sporting a little red streak, was introduced as a "student assistant coach". Calbert Cheaney looks like he could still play. It wasn't bad at all for a little "pickup game".