Grain of Salt : Bleacher Report Off-Season Update

Ditto here, Metz, lose the TLIII crap.

So, a Billiken bleacher report on our home-and-home games. Okay. Whatever. Nice distraction reading. Once again, what the fuok is a "rising senior?" Is that a term that indicates the class-to-be? Or does that indicate "rising" as in getting better? As in "rising" to the occassion? Whatever it is, it's a stupid term.

Rising means what you said, the class to be. School is not in session yet, so it makes some sense to distinguish between the class they will be in two months and the class they just were two months ago.

Thanks for the read...and the jab at my writing integrity.

Hey Bobby, How's about dropping that TLIII vid from your sig? Only your pathetic, race-baiting, hatin', self could think it's humorous enough to annoy us all with seeing it again and again after each inane post.....

Just go to the Ignore fuction and select ignore signature and you won't see it anymore.

Hey Bobby, How's about dropping that TLIII vid from your sig? Only your pathetic, race-baiting, hatin', self could think it's humorous enough to annoy us all with seeing it again and again after each inane post.....

What BR said.

@Melton: actually, thank you for the education. I sincerely did not know what the term meant. I see it written in places all the time but it reared its head in college lacrosse writings. I thought it was some sort of lacrosse term. Kind of along the lines of a term like "mid-major", etc.

What jab at your writing integrity? If one was made, it was unintentional. I enjoyed the read. I did not know about Derenbecker at Dayton and I did not know about the Florida State transfer into VCU. Nice distractions from the obsession that is Billiken ball. The norm at thsi timeof year is arguing over dumb things, like shooting percentages, who plays the three, defining someone's positional role spot and/or extrapolating super human feats from player projections based on little to no facts. Its a good distraction.

Wow. You know I would have been banned for saying anything like this to another poster. Steve, mods, would you please see to it that the same happens to this poster. Completely unwarranted and uncalled for. Absolutely unnecessary.

Wow. You know I would have been banned for saying anything like this to another poster. Steve, mods, would you please see to it that the same happens to this poster. Completely unwarranted and uncalled for. Absolutely unnecessary.

I doubt you would have been banned for one such post.

Rich, and others, it is possible to ignore a user's (or even all users') signature. Hover the mouse pointer over the signature, and an "X" should appear in the upper right-hand corner of the signature. Clicking the "X" will give you options.

(I had alreadly "black-listed" Bobby's sig -- because I got tired of scrolling past it. I think it's annoying when the signature always contains more than the actual post.)

I doubt you would have been banned for one such post.

Rich, and others, it is possible to ignore a user's (or even all users') signature. Hover the mouse pointer over the signature, and an "X" should appear in the upper right-hand corner of the signature. Clicking the "X" will give you options.

(I had alreadly "black-listed" Bobby's sig -- because I got tired of scrolling past it. I think it's annoying when the signature always contains more than the actual post.)

No, I would have been.

ABF is right: you can put signatures on Ignore. It's awesome. I ignore everyone's signature, even the ones I like. It makes reading the board so much easier. I don't need to read the same quotes over and over.

The other step I'd recommend to make the board more pleasurable is putting Metz on Ignore, as well. What you don't see won't annoy you.

ABF is right: you can put signatures on Ignore. It's awesome. I ignore everyone's signature, even the ones I like. It makes reading the board so much easier. I don't need to read the same quotes over and over.

The other step I'd recommend to make the board more pleasurable is putting Metz on Ignore, as well. What you don't see won't annoy you.

Agreed. I've been ignoring everyone's signatures for so long I forgot they even existed until Rich broached the topic.

Sometimes Bobby adds something amusing.

Sometimes Bobby adds something amusing.

I'll have to take your word for it. I generally find stupid puns to be the second-lowest form of comedy (after catch phrases). One man's "amusing" is another's "unbearable."

I'll have to take your word for it. I generally find stupid puns to be the second-lowest form of comedy (after catch phrases). One man's "amusing" is another's "unbearable."

I guess you would detest the comic strip, Pearls Before Swine, then, if you read it. Personally, I find word play much more humorous, even if it's a "groaner," than tossing insults. It seems most of "humor" these days fall much more into the latter category, and I find that unfortunate.

Agreed. I've been ignoring everyone's signatures for so long I forgot they even existed until Rich broached the topic.

i've been ignoring them since before the internet existed. and i was user #61 all-time of chrome. i am teh cool3st. which one are you - a que.er or a HUGE que.er!? :P

tumblr_lg1rip1tu71qzyrajo1_400.jpg