Scheduling Thoughts

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be nuts. I'd love to see slu come down to the ville. Not sure how my classmates would respond to me being decked out in all blue but I'd be excited to find out.

So we know this much:

11/21 vs. Bowling Green, Presbyterian, Georgia Southern, or Oral Roberts (Cancun Challenge, home sites)

11/23 vs. Bowling Green, Presbyterian, Georgia Southern, or Oral Roberts (Cancun Challenge, home sites)

11/26 @ Wisconsin (Cancun Challenge, Cancun, Mexico)

11/26 @ West Virginia or Old Dominion (Cancun Challenge, Cancun, Mexico)

12/18 vs. Indiana State

@ Valpo

@ Vanderbilt (assuming we start there)

@ SIUE (if the 2-for-1 has the road game second)

Am I missing anything or wrong on anything? I'm guessing most of the rest will be home buy games.

So we know this much:

11/21 vs. Bowling Green, Presbyterian, Georgia Southern, or Oral Roberts (Cancun Challenge, home sites)

11/23 vs. Bowling Green, Presbyterian, Georgia Southern, or Oral Roberts (Cancun Challenge, home sites)

12/18 vs. Indiana State

@ Valpo

@ Vanderbilt (assuming we start there)

Am I missing anything or wrong on anything? I'm guessing most of the rest will be home buy games.

I think we have a return trip to Methdale as well. This kinda makes me think the Vandy series (if we have one for sure) would start at home.

Hopefully that's the case. Otherwise, that's a lot of road games.

12/18 vs. Indiana State

@ Valpo

@ SIUC

Vanderbilt (site TBD)

Not that I doubt that GOSLU68 talked to Whitesell, but I'd put the Vandy series in more of the rumored camp for the time being. If I had a dollar for every home and home series with a "BCS" opponent that we were sure was going to happen because a coach mentioned it...

Hopefully that's the case. Otherwise, that's a lot of road games.

12/18 vs. Indiana State

@ Valpo

@ SIUC

Vanderbilt (site TBD)

They had alot of home games last year so thats why there are lots of road games this yr

They had alot of home games last year so thats why there are lots of road games this yr

I think they try to balance this out somewhat. Last year was sort of an anomaly with only 1 true out of conference road game.

Isn't there is a minimum number of home games (including exhibitions) that they have to maintain for season ticket holders? This makes me wonder if we have so many road games will they play 2 exhibition games instead of doing 1 game and 1 closed door scrimmage.

Good find. Pretty extensive list, and it's cool that someone put that together for the whole conference. It doesn't seem definitive, but it's a good source.

The way this is shaping up, I'm liking the 2013-2014 schedule a whole lot better than last season's schedule, which had too few road games and too many cupcakes. I'm hoping to see both Bowling Green and Oral Roberts in the Cancun Challenge early rounds but I'd be all right with any combo as long as we're not stuck with both Presbyterian and Georgia Southern.

2013-2014 Schedule:

12/18 vs. Indiana State

Dates TBD:

@ Valpo

@ SIUC

Vanderbilt (site TBD)

Wichita State (site TBD)

Yeah, the next couple seasons are shaping up to be very friendly for road trips. I'll be able to make all of them except Cancun, even if they're on weeknights. Times from Cincy are favorable: 4 hours to Valpo, SIUE is a 5.5-hour trip back to St. Louis, <5 hours to Carbondale, 4 hours to Nashville, <3 hours to Terre Haute. Even more favorable from STL, especially Edwardsville. We'd better pack that place.

Good find. Pretty extensive list, and it's cool that someone put that together for the whole conference. It doesn't seem definitive, but it's a good source.

The way this is shaping up, I'm liking the 2013-2014 schedule a whole lot better than last season's schedule, which had too few road games and too many cupcakes. I'm hoping to see both Bowling Green and Oral Roberts in the Cancun Challenge early rounds but I'd be all right with any combo as long as we're not stuck with both Presbyterian and Georgia Southern.

2013-2014 Schedule:

12/18 vs. Indiana State

Dates TBD:

@ Valpo

@ SIUC

Vanderbilt (site TBD)

Wichita State (site TBD)

I like every game on that schedule so far. Good work, Coach Lepore!

Didn't Presbyterian beat Cincy recently?

Not that it makes them good or anything...

Yes they did, but that was in 2011-2012. Last year's RPI:

Oral Roberts: 137

Bowling Green: 249

Georgia Southern: 265

Presbyterian: 337