GDT: Screw my bracket, Bills to the NC! (Non slu games)

bills10

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Complete bracket buster.

Wow, I had NM in the final four.

This is typical madness!

I project another such "mad" moment in eight days, when the team of destiny, SLU, knocks off Louisville (unless Colorado State does it for us on Saturday), ruining a lot of folks' bracket. In fact, I believe I'm predicting it.

It's Harvard's first ever NCAA Tournament win. Other than Cornell's Sweet 16 run, when else has an Ivy won in the Dance?

How about when Princeton be UCLA the year following their NCAA title. I believe Chris Mooney was one of the star players for Princeton, under Pete Carrill.

This is typical madness!

I project another such "mad" moment in eight days, when the team of destiny, SLU, knocks off Louisville (unless Colorado State does it for us on Saturday), ruining a lot of folks' bracket. In fact, I believe I'm predicting it.

I have that in my bracket too.

Man my bracket's shot. Good thing I didn't have $ on it and went total homer this year.

gutted. i'm one of only two people to pick saint louis to win in my money bracket, and they're doing even worse than me, so when the bills when the whole thing, i'll probably get PAAAIIIIIIDDD...

How about when Princeton be UCLA the year following their NCAA title. I believe Chris Mooney was one of the star players for Princeton, under Pete Carrill.

I seem to remember Penn making some noise back in the day. I believe they were even a Final Four team back in the late 70s.

Can someone clarify the NCAA credit issue? Here's how I understand it. Teams get a credit for each NCAA tourney game played, and that credit amounts to roughly $1.2 million. The credits are paid to the conference and distributed equally amongst all conference members over a six-year period.

So, assuming LaSalle hangs on, A-10 has 6 credits thus far and is guaranteed a minimum of 5 more because all A-10 teams advanced. 11 credits x 1.2 million = $13.2 million. Assume X, Temple, Charlotte and Butler get no share of the credits with departures to other conferences next year. So that basically equals minimum $1.1 million per team over the next six years, plus whatever credits are still being paid from prior years. Not too shabby.

Hopefully SLU isn't around to collect any of this.