Crews named Sporting News National COY

Well deserved. Good read. The more I read about JC and the answers he gives, the more I admire and like the guy. I don't know about his recruiting abilities, but if he stay, his AC's are going to have a nice opening line for recruits, "you'll be playing and learning under the national coach of the year." There aren't a lot of guys that can say that.

Well deserved. Good read. The more I read about JC and the answers he gives, the more I admire and like the guy. I don't know about his recruiting abilities, but if he stay, his AC's are going to have a nice opening line for recruits, "you'll be playing and learning under the national coach of the year." There aren't a lot of guys that can say that.

Great news and well said 72...Come play in the new Big East for the national coach of the year!

You have to think this is just great for recruiting! Any player in the country that doesn't want to play for a winning program and a program that fosters character and toughness and togetherness can suck the fattest of ***** just go to Duke for all I care.

Congrats, Coach Crews!

You have to think this is just great for recruiting! Any player in the country that doesn't want to play for a winning program and a program that fosters character and toughness and togetherness can suck the fattest of ***** just go to Duke for all I care.

Congrats, Coach Crews!

We're still not going to get the Duke, NC, UK, KU type recruits but we'll sure take the 4 stars who may have questions about how much they're gonna play at those places. Maybe even keep an Otto Porter type or 2 at home. You never know how this kind of stuff will resonate with a kid who has stars in his eyes, but it will sure help with the parents.

Jim Crews: Hi. I'm Jim Crews. I started as a senior for the Indiana Hoosiers, the most famous basketball team ever, when they had the last undefeated season in NCAA basketball almost 40 years ago. I was an assistant to Bob Knight and Rick Majerus. Have you heard of them? When Rick Majerus died, God bless his soul, I took his team to another national championship and was named the coach of the year by gotdamn everybody. I demand that my players play stifling, hard-nosed defense and play unselfishly on the offensive end, but I like them to get out and run, and take charge when they need to. If what you do works, I'm not going to change anything. If it doesn't, maybe we'll try it my way. What do you say? Want to win championships? Want to be a Billiken?

Jabari Skywalker (6-star recruit): Yes I do. Do you have a pen? What the fuok is a Billiken? And mom... the meatloaf! FUOK!

Fiction or non-fiction???

Jim Crews: Hi. I'm Jim Crews. I started as a senior for the Indiana Hoosiers, the most famous basketball team ever, when they had the last undefeated season in NCAA basketball almost 40 years ago. I was an assistant to Bob Knight and Rick Majerus. Have you heard of them? When Rick Majerus died, God bless his soul, I took his team to another national championship and was named the coach of the year by gotdamn everybody. I demand that my players play stifling, hard-nosed defense and play unselfishly on the offensive end, but I like them to get out and run, and take charge when they need to. If what you do works, I'm not going to change anything. If it doesn't, maybe we'll try it my way. What do you say? Want to win championships?

Jabari Skywalker (6-star recruit): Yep. Get me a pen. And mom... the meatloaf! FUOK!

Hell, I'd :Jimbo Bad Language: take Jabari Gotdamn Parker from Chicago Simeon.

Jim Crews: Hi. I'm Jim Crews. I started as a senior for the Indiana Hoosiers, the most famous basketball team ever, when they had the last undefeated season in NCAA basketball almost 40 years ago. I was an assistant to Bob Knight and Rick Majerus. Have you heard of them? When Rick Majerus died, God bless his soul, I took his team to another national championship and was named the coach of the year by gotdamn everybody. I demand that my players play stifling, hard-nosed defense and play unselfishly on the offensive end, but I like them to get out and run, and take charge when they need to. If what you do works, I'm not going to change anything. If it doesn't, maybe we'll try it my way. What do you say? Want to win championships? Want to be a Billiken?

Jabari Skywalker (6-star recruit): Yes I do. Do you have a pen? What the fuok is a Billiken? And mom... the meatloaf! FUOK!

-at least you stopped with meatloaf and recruit's mom not doing anything more than cooking

one red herring that's been under my skin about yes or no with keeping JC is the "I hate recruiting" quote. Steer me away from anybody that would say I like recruiting. It's just like fund raising in politics. No one worth voting for has ever said anything like "my favorite part of politics is fund raising". No one would prefer sitting in on countless high school games, going to recruits houses et al rather than be chillin' at the crib. It all sucks and I applaud him for saying the truth if that is indeed a valid quote.