GDT: SLU @ Zip 'em up!

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm at least happy with the way we lost for a few reasons:

1. if we can shoot that fouking horribly and still force OT on a good xavier team who just recently also beat #19 memphis then we are pretty damn solid

2. This isn't a loss the boys will forget. This is the perfect kind of loss to get you motivated a la RI

3. I love that we're getting more late game experience for all of our guys even in a loss

4. A good last chance to learn and make adjustments so we can have success in the postseason

5. Takes some of the pressure off especially with the huge media hype machine resting on these guys shoulders the past week or two

Tough to swallow but I'm proud of the effort from our guys

Watched the game.

I did not follow the whole thread... they came in very late last night... did they miss their afternoon shoot around or anything like that?

If they normally would do that to get aclaimated, to the background, etc... but skipped it because of the travel problems, wouldn't that somewhat explain the absolute terrible shooting?

Poor shooting and losses happen. We will still be fine. Things that did bother me were still not filling the lane on free throws late in the game and not subbing McCall down four so Barnett could foul instead. Still have to give your team the best opportunity to win and those things cant happen.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="wgstl" data-cid="350137" data-time="1362632008"><p>

I want X again in 30 minutes. no way this happens again. refs sucked, but we blew D***</p></blockquote>

I thought the same thing. 9 times out of 10 X loses that game. This was that one time. An officials aided win. Granted we shot like crap but we made enoug defensive plays to win this ugly a$$ game.

I know in the grand scheme the loss isn't that big of a deal, but I'm still pissed. X and their team of future criminals can suck my wiener. Have fun ****** those broke as hell Xavier females the TV kept showing. Got dam they were hideous.

Bills poor execution and terrible shooting lost us the game, but I think the officiating was almost inexcusably bad. In the first half, Dwayne was getting bumped and shoved around down low, but there were no fouls called on X. Twice Dwayne had his shot "blocked" and on the replay it looked like the defender got mostly arm. The Xavier "timeout" in overtime was horrible. Christon's entire game is based on carrying the ball and hooking his defender, but he wasn't called for either at all. Multiple times when X traveled there was no call or a phantom foul called on the Bills. It is difficult to win 5 on 8.

Despite all of that the Bills should have won the game. There were multiple defensive lapses where Taylor or some other X bruiser would get wide open duner the basket. Somehow Reford got off a few 3s which should never happen with any of our guards on him because they are so much quicker than he is. On offense, we just didn't look as crisp and didn't move the ball very well. There were a few times when we had someone open under under the basket, but the guy with the ball tried to do something himself rather than get it to the open man. Jett took outside jumpers twice early in the shot clock down the strech. For some reason, the guy that was being guarded by Reford didn't just ask for the clear out and take him off the dribble.

We lost. On the road to a tough team. On Senior Night. Terrible shooting by Ellis and Loe, it happens. This doesn't count against us, it is one big BFD. The refs didn't cost us anything or lose anything for us (yeah, the one timeout call was atrocious, but so what).

Start a new streak on Saturday.

This team did not play with the spirit of Pitbull tonight. We need more Pitbull on Saturday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRQg4HfNIz4

Everything is better with Pitbull. Well put.

Don't post often but a huge fan. Loss tonight was disturbing but not just because we lost. It was obvious early that the team was flat, but so was Xavier. It looked like we could grind one out nevertheless.

What was disturbing was watching CE pump up brick after brick, 15 to be exact. Players have off nights. That's OK. But you find other ways to contribute. Like not losing your man three times under the basket late in the game. But what is most disappointing was that the Coach left him out there until he played the team out of the game. One heroic effort after another by his teammates couldn't overcome those bricks. Makes me seriously doubt now that we'll go very deep in the big dance.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="jimmy two times" data-cid="350150" data-time="1362633353"><p>

We lost. On the road to a tough team. On Senior Night. Terrible shooting by Ellis and Loe, it happens. This doesn't count against us, it is one big BFD. The refs didn't cost us anything or lose anything for us (yeah, the one timeout call was atrocious, but so what).<br />

<br />

Start a new streak on Saturday.</p></blockquote>

Maybe if we work at it, we can get the refs charged with thenKennedy assassination.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="jimmy two times" data-cid="350150" data-time="1362633353"><p>

We lost. On the road to a tough team. On Senior Night. Terrible shooting by Ellis and Loe, it happens. This doesn't count against us, it is one big BFD. The refs didn't cost us anything or lose anything for us (yeah, the one timeout call was atrocious, but so what).<br />

<br />

Start a new streak on Saturday.</p></blockquote>

Maybe if we work at it, we can get the refs charged with thenKennedy assassination.

Mack never called the timeout. Wasn't even there. That was a pretty important piece of information, don't you think?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="68Alum" data-cid="350152" data-time="1362633397"><p>

Don't post often but a huge fan. Loss tonight was disturbing but not just because we lost. It was obvious early that the team was flat, but so was Xavier. It looked like we could grind one out nevertheless.<br />

<br />

What was disturbing was watching CE pump up brick after brick, 15 to be exact. Players have off nights. That's OK. But you find other ways to contribute. Like not losing your man three times under the basket late in the game. But what is most disappointing was that the Coach left him out there until he played the team out of the game. One heroic effort after another by his teammates couldn't overcome those bricks. Makes me seriously doubt now that we'll go very deep in the big dance.</p></blockquote>

One bad game by our boys and you're doubting 'em? CE had a tough night. So did RL and JJ.. And JB. KM had a tough night from the line. DE had a brutal first half. MM is the only guy out there that had a very good game.

It was a crap night. It's over. We'll be fine.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="68Alum" data-cid="350152" data-time="1362633397"><p>

Don't post often but a huge fan. Loss tonight was disturbing but not just because we lost. It was obvious early that the team was flat, but so was Xavier. It looked like we could grind one out nevertheless.<br />

<br />

What was disturbing was watching CE pump up brick after brick, 15 to be exact. Players have off nights. That's OK. But you find other ways to contribute. Like not losing your man three times under the basket late in the game. But what is most disappointing was that the Coach left him out there until he played the team out of the game. One heroic effort after another by his teammates couldn't overcome those bricks. Makes me seriously doubt now that we'll go very deep in the big dance.</p></blockquote>.

Congratulations!!

You win the over reaction of the day award.

I'm upset. Not because we lost this game and looked bad which always bothers me but because I knew we'd be facing this board melodrama. So over the top after any loss.

Don't post often but a huge fan. Loss tonight was disturbing but not just because we lost. It was obvious early that the team was flat, but so was Xavier. It looked like we could grind one out nevertheless.

What was disturbing was watching CE pump up brick after brick, 15 to be exact. Players have off nights. That's OK. But you find other ways to contribute. Like not losing your man three times under the basket late in the game. But what is most disappointing was that the Coach left him out there until he played the team out of the game. One heroic effort after another by his teammates couldn't overcome those bricks. Makes me seriously doubt now that we'll go very deep in the big dance.

it was the single worst shooting performance i have ever witnessed. ellis literally defied statistics. but, ellis is a gargantuan part of this team.. we basically go as he goes.

<br />

What was disturbing was watching CE pump up brick after brick, 15 to be exact. Players have off nights. That's OK. But you find other ways to contribute. Like not losing your man three times under the basket late in the game. But what is most disappointing was that the Coach left him out there until he played the team out of the game. One heroic effort after another by his teammates couldn't overcome those bricks. Makes me seriously doubt now that we'll go very deep in the big dance.</p></blockquote>

One bad game by our boys and you're doubting 'em? CE had a tough night. So did RL and JJ.. And JB. KM had a tough night from the line. DE had a brutal first half. MM is the only guy out there that had a very good game.

It was a crap night. It's over. We'll be fine.

man this would have been hell if MM had his normal away 3pt shooting. thankfully he showed up.

Went to the game. First off, Xavier fans are absolute jerks and I can't stand being in that arena. They complain about calls but don't know players in their own starting lineup. Just a bad overall night for the offense. Cody was obviously cold and Dwayne struggled in the first half. Lots of open three pointers missed. It just wasn't our night. X got easy buckets from some nice backdoor cuts and passing. I said earlier we have to guard Redford and he didn't miss when it mattered. Beat La Salle

We have softball games and marching bands. These guys play at the Cintas Center where you might get shot!

Went to the game. First off, Xavier fans are absolute jerks and I can't stand being in that arena. They complain about calls but don't know players in their own starting lineup. Just a bad overall night for the offense. Cody was obviously cold and Dwayne struggled in the first half. Lots of open three pointers missed. It just wasn't our night. X got easy buckets from some nice backdoor cuts and passing. I said earlier we have to guard Redford and he didn't miss when it mattered. Beat La Salle

Their fans looked like dirtbags on TV....were they?