This new to us? Fun read

that stuff about how good A-10 gives me the heebee's, I've always hated the A-10 was even lucky enough to chat with RM once when he was dining May about when latter was being courted, about how much most fans hated our conference and he used me as an example (to May) of season ticket holder sentiment (no longer am season ticket holder after 25 years). With the edition of Butler and VCU I now kind of like A-10. Oh well. BEAT X KEEP THE STrEAK ALIVE

THIS GUY MADE A MISTAKE:

"Here's how those schools have fared against the Billikens:

• Saint Louis 75, Butler 58—Jan. 31 at Saint Louis
  • Saint Louis 76, VCU 62—Feb. 19 at Saint Louis
  • Saint Louis 65, VCU 61—Feb. 22 at Butler"

AND SHOULD BE FIRED.

In all seriousness, this is the best thing I've ever read on Bleacher Report. Really nice, in-depth breakdown of how we beat teams. Impressive. Granted, I generally avoid Bleacher Report because I find slideshows to be the absolute worst way to present information to casual readers on the internet, but this is solid.

THIS GUY MADE A MISTAKE:

"Here's how those schools have fared against the Billikens:

• Saint Louis 75, Butler 58—Jan. 31 at Saint Louis
  • Saint Louis 76, VCU 62—Feb. 19 at Saint Louis
  • Saint Louis 65, VCU 61—Feb. 22 at Butler"
AND SHOULD BE FIRED.

In all seriousness, this is the best thing I've ever read on Bleacher Report. Really nice, in-depth breakdown of how we beat teams. Impressive. Granted, I generally avoid Bleacher Report because I find slideshows to be the absolute worst way to present information to casual readers on the internet, but this is solid.

Agreed.

ACE, c'mon man. JJ, MM, DE, KM, JB. You are telling me they are not above average athletically?

Shhhhh!!!! Don't tell anybody. We are still the slow, unathletic "Little Engine that Could" Billikens we've all grown up loving so much. ;)

In a side note under Andy Katz's blog on ESPN, he believes Jim Crews is a dark horse for Coach of the Year. I feel like on all other sides we have heard he is one of three possibilities, not a dark horse. Here is the following from Katz:

The coach of the year award could go in myriad directions. Wisconsin's Bo Ryan has done a superb job, with Sunday's game as an exception. So, I'm still leaning toward Miami's Jim Larranaga, New Mexico's Steve Alford and Georgetown's John Thompson III, with Marquette's Buzz Williams and UConn's Kevin Ollie in pursuit. If you're looking for two dark-horse choices, then go with Saint Louis' Jim Crews and Gonzaga's Mark Few. I'll be very interested to see the vote totals in the Big 12, where Bruce Weber (Kansas State) and Bill Self (Kansas) should be 1-2 in some order.

Very good story. Well-researched...whether we completely agree with everything or not.

The only part I didn't like was referring to us a mid major. The A10 is not a mid major league. The first place team is especially not.

Shhhhh!!!! Don't tell anybody. We are still the slow, unathletic "Little Engine that Could" Billikens we've all grown up loving so much. ;)

While I don't mind being favorited, it was always nice being the underdog and being able to rub our big wins in all these damn tiger fans' faces.

While I don't mind being favorited, it was always nice being the underdog and being able to rub our big wins in all these damn tiger fans' faces.

Those dam tiggers wont die. They are starting to get hot. Here's hoping they have another first round loss, but that this time it isn't even close.