A Few Questions

kshoe

As we head down the stretch I've got a few questions hopefully someone knows the answers to. Apologize if they've been asked/answered elsewhere.

1) Anyone know the plans for senior day? Will it be before the game or after (as Majerus preferred). With the game on NBC Sports I doubt we could do a late 12:45 start and a late arriving crowd for a pre-game ceremony would be embarrassing. I'm hoping for a post game ceremony where we celebrate our first outright regular season league title in forever and honor these great seniors.

2) We've heard a lot of 1970-71 as the last regular season title but that was actually a co-title and we lost the tie-breaker game to Louisville. Anyone know when our last solo league title was?

3) Anyone know what the television deal is for the A-10 tourney. CBS sports for the first three days and CBS for the championship or something different?

As we head down the stretch I've got a few questions hopefully someone knows the answers to. Apologize if they've been asked/answered elsewhere.

1) Anyone know the plans for senior day? Will it be before the game or after (as Majerus preferred). With the game on NBC Sports I doubt we could do a late 12:45 start and a late arriving crowd for a pre-game ceremony would be embarrassing. I'm hoping for a post game ceremony where we celebrate our first outright regular season league title in forever and honor these great seniors.

2) We've heard a lot of 1970-71 as the last regular season title but that was actually a co-title and we lost the tie-breaker game to Louisville. Anyone know when our last solo league title was?

3) Anyone know what the television deal is for the A-10 tourney. CBS sports for the first three days and CBS for the championship or something different?

Senior day worked out pretty well last year. Of course, it all kind of depends on winning the game to get that feel-good vibe. I'd have to think that if we won the game and the a-10 title, the seniors would get a pretty dang good reception after the game.

I was under the impression that senior night stuff was happening after the game same as last year. Each player will get a framed photo and Jim Crews will have some words. Not sure about last outright conf tittle. You are correct about the TV schedule

#2- 1957.

Right, KShoe we lost to UL in a 3 way playoff the first game at Bradley. I made that trip and it was eventful. We lost one of our guys who decided to spend the night in a Bradley dorm. Loose women in Peoria of course those were the free love days.

Ok, if we won the MVC in 57 then we played in the NCAA that year, right?

As for SR night, I sure hope there are some Aussie flags flying and the band learns the Aussie anthem or Waltizing Matilda when CE's intro'd. Also noticed CR had a big tat of Texas on his arm, maybe the Yellow Rose of Texas as well. I don't know any Wisconsin songs for KM. Cheeseheads maybe? I would expect KM to get a strong ovation for his decision to stay at SLU.

3) Quarter final game is broadcasted via CBS Sports Regional Network, expect KPLR or Fox Sports Midwest to pick up the game.

Semifinals are CBS Sports Network, with the final on CBS.

If we end up with the #1 seed, we play at 11am(cst) on Friday.

I've got CBS sports on Uverse, but have never seen a regional channel. If FoxMW picks up that first game I sure hope that pops up on UVerse. Any idea if it will?

No regional channels for CBS Sports Network - they are games that are produced by them and sold to local networks. Last years SLU's Q/F game was on CCIN. In past years, Fox Sports Ohio shows all 4 Q/F games. Friday's TV info last year was announced day before the game by A10, per SLU media release.

The Championship quarterfinals (Friday, March 15) will air in regionally syndicated markets and will be streamed live at Atlantic10.com.

Per A10 release today:

March 5, 2013

NBC Sports Network to Air A-10 Men's Championship Opening Round
Entire Four-Day Championship to be Televised Live

NEWPORT NEWS, Va.—The Atlantic 10 Conference announced Tuesday that NBC Sports Network will televise all four opening round games at the 2013 Atlantic 10 Men’s Basketball Championship. All four rounds of the 12-team championship will now air live, with three of the rounds being televised nationally.

“We are pleased that our newest television partner, NBC Sports Network, will be a part of the live television coverage of the A-10 Championship,” stated A-10 Commissioner Bernadette V. McGlade. “This gives Atlantic 10 fans and alumni across the country the opportunity to watch every game of our entire championship.”

The four games, which tip-off the championship, will be played Thursday, March 14 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn. These games feature the following matchups with the winners advancing to face seeds 1-4:

Early Session
No. 8 Seed vs. No. 9 Seed – Noon
No. 5 Seed vs. No. 12 Seed – 2:30 pm

Late Session
No. 7 Seed vs. No. 10 Seed – 6:30 pm
No. 6 Seed vs. No. 11 Seed – 9:00 pm

NBC Sports Network, which televised a select number of games during the regular season, began a new partnership with the Atlantic 10 this past fall.

The Championship quarterfinals (Friday, March 15) will air in regionally syndicated markets and will be streamed live at Atlantic10.com. The semifinals (Saturday March 16) will be broadcast on CBS Sports Network and the 2013 A-10 Championship final (Sunday, March 17) is slated for a 1:00 pm tip-off on CBS as part of the networks’ Selection Sunday coverage.

It is interesting that the play-in games will get better TV than the quarters. The quarterfinal TV games are the ones that are up in the air as FromDaEastSide has mentioned. I just wanted to add the announced regional broadcasters (more will be added as games are determined) are Comcast Philly, Comcast Mid-Atlantic, and Warner Sports Channel NY for the afternoon session. The evening session is currently very sparse with only Comcast Mid-Atlantic Plus. Hopefully more will be added like Fox Sports Midwest or Ohio.