800 Student Tickets in 1 Hour

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="billikenfan05" data-cid="346674" data-time="1361905173"><p>

Jesus Christ, 800 were given out in the BSC....the rest 200+ are at the box office....</p></blockquote>

Chill out. How the hell are we suppose to know that. I thought it was a good question

Apologies. It's all over social media. They have been splitting them up since butler

Thank for the info. Sorry, haven't been on twitter today. I was mostly curious if they fluctuate the # of student tickets based on other tickets sold or if it is a set amount each game.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="RUBillsFan" data-cid="346686" data-time="1361905469"><p>

<br />

Thank for the info. Sorry, haven't been on twitter today. I was mostly curious if they fluctuate the # of student tickets based on other tickets sold or if it is a set amount each game.</p></blockquote>

The gen admission will always be 1000. I believe they fluctuate the non general admission number.

Don't quote Stripes unless you remember it correctly!! hahahah!

Psycho: The name's Francis Soyer, but everybody calls me Psycho. Any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill you.

Leon: Ooooooh.

Psycho: You just made the list, buddy. And I don't like nobody touching my stuff. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you.
Also, I don't like nobody touching me. Now, any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you.

Sergeant Hulka: Lighten up, Francis.

If there are still unsold tickets by gameday, does the school ever release additional seats for students if there is excess demand?

I think I remember them releasing extra student tickets for games late in the '09-'10 season, but I might be wrong. But then for the Finals game against VCU, they were still giving seats away in the student section until right before game time. They even gave me a few for non-student friends.

Downside of having 1000 free tickets for 10,000+ students is the bandwagon can displace the regulars. And the crowd is filled with a ton of people who have no clue what is going on.

Overall I think the student tax/fee is a good program, but if we are consistently a ranked or close to ranked program, I would rather pay the $130 for season tickets and have my guaranteed ticket to all games without having to make a special trip to the BSC/Chaifetz before the bandwagon crowd gets there.

Don't quote Stripes unless you remember it correctly!! hahahah!

Psycho: The name's Francis Soyer, but everybody calls me Psycho. Any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill you.

Leon: Ooooooh.

Psycho: You just made the list, buddy. And I don't like nobody touching my stuff. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you.

Also, I don't like nobody touching me. Now, any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you.

Sergeant Hulka: Lighten up, Francis.

-sorry, my bad, can't believe I missed it, inexcusable really, self imposed ban for the rest of the hour :angry:

Downside of having 1000 free tickets for 10,000+ students is the bandwagon can displace the regulars. And the crowd is filled with a ton of people who have no clue what is going on.

Overall I think the student tax/fee is a good program, but if we are consistently a ranked or close to ranked program, I would rather pay the $130 for season tickets and have my guaranteed ticket to all games without having to make a special trip to the BSC/Chaifetz before the bandwagon crowd gets there.

Meh. I would just start giving away the tickets at like 6am when only die hard fans would show up. That way you make sure the die hards have first crack at tickets, but leave the "free" ticket program in place so that the student section is always packed.