Antwan signs LOI with SLU

actually, our memories play tricks. seem to remember the best and most recent stuff. giving credit where credit is due, triangle presented to me a long time ago the facts about redden throughout his billiken career and if you go back and look, there is absolutely nothing that stands out offensively about john redden's numbers.

what we remember about john redden was that amazing 4 game stretch during the miracle at memphis where redden rode shotgun to justin love and was also named to the all-tourney team with justin. redden was marvelous those four games and for all practical purposes, that was the extent of "standout" for john's billiken career.

like i said, that is my worst case belief of what we have, another varner. my best case is quitman dillard.

>my thoughts are maybe quitman dillard or worst case, (sorry

>folks, but just being honest) ross.

Roy, I think the days of players like Ross Varner, Seakue Barentine and Drew Diener are long gone. At least I hope so. You underestimated Frericks when we signed him and you may be doing the same on Newbourne. Brad has shown to be a pretty good judge of talent... at least better than the previous two regimes.

the jury is still out on husek and i am not 100% sold on justin johnson, darren clarke and ian vouyoukas either. i do agree brad finds talent, but he has reached as well.

good point though on frericks. i did miss on my evaluation of tom. (however i hope he doesnt get back spasms, circus fever, groin pulls, shoulder separations and foulitis etc next year.

Come on Roy. Husak still hasn't suited up for a single game as a Billiken and Ian hasn't even played a full season, and yet you are still dogging both of them. From the moment Brad signed both of these players, he explained that they were long-term projects. Give it another couple years before you pass judgment. These days highly skilled players who are over 6'10" go to the top 10 schools or the NBA.

JJ and Clarke were disappointing last season, but they were only freshmen. Give them another year or two before you write either player off.

Arguably the most disappointing player last season was your boy Drejaj; his shooting regressed from his freshmen to his sophomore year.

Roy, you've been spending way too much time arguing with Cheeseycow. Lighten up on DC, JJ, IV, and Husak. I disagree with David though on AJ, yeah he had his problems, but you can't fault his hustle on D. Too me the biggest disappointment last season was JJ. After a year as a redshirt, he should have got something from those practices, he didn't show anything at a position we really needed help.As for IV and Husak, if they can develop like that GT center, who was supposedly lost for two years, I'll be more than happy to wait patiently for their development.

Look, DC and JJ were just freshmen. At least you can see the potential and athleticism even if it doesn't pan out. There is an upside. They showed enough to make me optimistic about their future. I think they'll both be solid contributors. Now giving a scholarship to a player like Ross Varner, who had no upside, was just dumb.

What excites me about Newborne is if he really plays with alot of desire like Jeff Harris and/or Donnie Dobbs that means we will have 2 high energy and desire guys in our frontcourt (Newborne and Tom F.), which will not only make us better in games but also force IV and BH to compete harder just to survive in practices.

mortgage rates are up and i am indeed having a "slow" month. thanks doc for the prognosis!

i agree david, my only point was to illustrate that brad soderberg recruits are not the sure things that was inferred above.

I remember how pissed "The Helicopter"got when the Bills came back and beat Bearcats,think he got a late T ,for a cheap one one Troy Robertson,and Huggins about erupted.

played well in the HOuston, game and if I recall correctly the Iowa game.... I think he has excellent potential. Another comment that Brad made...."I do not like to bring in a Juco who does not have a chance to start." That tells me he is not the equivalent of Ross, Sekue, or even JJ or DC.