Possible Future Coach

amaker doesnt excite me but i see no transgressions that would "give me a heart attack." of course the fact he comes out of the duke family tree is a sign he knows a few tricks. wonder if he set up a fake degree program at harvard?

bull****, Roy / Saul, Duke never had a fake degree program. I know, one player graduated in 2 1/2 yrs. Wow. You do not know the rest of the facts, but tag the program based on that, like a wife or something.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

come on mb. give it up. it is just not time possible to get a duke degree in 2.5 years playing college basketball, and playing international basketball in the summer. williams wasnt the only duke player enrolled in sociology either, and amazingly once the world caught on, just like that the duke basketball players quit "majoring" in sociology. add it up mb. you surely cant be that blind.

add to it pretty q's standard answer whenever he got caught at good ole mi$$ouri "i dont understand, we did that at duke all the time." coach k is not the squeaky clean program head you would like to envision.

come on mb. give it up. it is just not time possible to get a duke degree in 2.5 years playing college basketball, and playing international basketball in the summer. williams wasnt the only duke player enrolled in sociology either, and amazingly once the world caught on, just like that the duke basketball players quit "majoring" in sociology. add it up mb. you surely cant be that blind.

add to it pretty q's standard answer whenever he got caught at good ole mi$$ouri "i dont understand, we did that at duke all the time." coach k is not the squeaky clean program head you would like to envision.

Assumptions.

You do not know that he could NOT graduate in 2.5 yrs... how hard he worked, how smart he was, etc... did he get credit for high school honor classes? He did it in 2.5 yrs, some do it in 3. You do not know all the facts.

Again (annual statement), I know a former varsity athlete Duke graduate who is now a lawyer and actually does not care about Duke hoops (really) but knows that there were no phony sociology classes and is very knowledgeable about ALL that went on... again, he does not even watch Duke when they play in the NCAA's... but was adament and certain that your claims are absolutely unfounded about cake sociology classes going back 12-15 yrs.

He'd debate you at Humphries in front of everyone (as I offer every yr), and he'd mop the floor with you. Love to go against a banker.

He is not familiar with your Williams claim, however. He could look into that, has connections, would seek the truth.

And for you to base so much on that cokehead-young-coed-womanizer-loser Quinn Snyder is total bs. So to you, Duke = Quinn Snyder, period.

What we have here is a grown man who makes vast assumprions based on a few snippets of facts. And some Duke hate.

(ALL that matters is if we get into the C7+ Conference. Yes, lets go on a run and get into the dance again... but the only real issue is if we get into the new conference).

So mb you and your son think coach k and the sociology dept head is going to let anyone in on their cozy setup? Hillarious just use some common sense.

So mb you and your son think coach k and the sociology dept head is going to let anyone in on their cozy setup? Hillarious just use some common sense.

For one thing, he was there.

And, he took several sociology classes. Knew the players on the basketball team. Knew the "issues" you cite.

He is no super loyal Dukie, atypical, far from it, has told me some other things though nothing that would make you happy in your hatred for a successfull clean hoops program. I would rather not elaborate. He knows of some issues and understands the entire system.

And, how do you know, sitting in Belleville? That loon North Carolina blogger who hates Duke wrote some trash... and you fell for it? Provide proof, then, do not just cite some bs. All kinds of bs is written. You have to be smarter than that to just pick things to suit your personal outcome preference.

One coach that I've come across recently is Michael White at Louisiana Tech. In his second year there, he is 18-3, 9-0 in the WAC, with a young team (2 seniors). Weak schedule, but wins over RPI Top 100 teams Southern Miss and New Mexico State. Louisiana Tech's location in the WAC makes SLU's location in the A-10 look close.

He played at Ole Miss, was an assistant coach there. Been around college sports for his whole life, as his father Kevin White is currently the AD at Duke, formerly AD at Notre Dame.

http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/white_michael00.html

Dave Paulsen from Bucknell is a coach I wouldn't mind hearing we hired. He has won at every place he has coached and has worked his way up from D3. I saw the Bucknell at Mizzou game this year and even though they lost (only by 2) you could tell Bucknell was a very well coached team. If he can build teams like he has at Bucknell I'd love to see what he could do at SLU.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Paulsen

How about Greg Lansing at Indiana State? I think he is the perfect profile for this job. Mid 40's in his 3rd year at ISU with an NCAA bid and a College Insider bid. This year his team has wins over Wichita, Miami, and Ole Miss already. If you get a chance to watch them play, they are very disciplined and pay attention to details. He's from Iowa and his dad coached 33 years of HS ball and his brother is currently a HS coach.

How about Greg Lansing at Indiana State? I think he is the perfect profile for this job. Mid 40's in his 3rd year at ISU with an NCAA bid and a College Insider bid. This year his team has wins over Wichita, Miami, and Ole Miss already. If you get a chance to watch them play, they are very disciplined and pay attention to details. He's from Iowa and his dad coached 33 years of HS ball and his brother is currently a HS coach.

Given that McDermott isn't leaving Creighton and if Marshall is leaving Wichita State, I had been keeping tabs on the standings in the Valley to see what coaches might be intriguing from that conference. ISU has done well this year, and I have started to consider Lansing as an option.

So what if mcdermotts son goes lottery? Can he be had? Thats my man. However if son stays i have no hope of him leaving

Would this be a step up for a guy like Tim Floyd? Love to get him for a few years before he moves on.

I wouldn't want anything to do with Floyd. He is in his late 50's and has already had issues with the NCAA during his USC days. Pretty sure we can do a lot better than Floyd. He should be glad he has the UTEP job.

Really? Has had much success w/o his son? If I remember correctly didn't he sort of take a golden parachute out of Iowa St. before he got fired??

Actually was he even fired from ISU? I thought he chose to leave. He's in a ten year contract at Creighton paying him $1mil a year.

Wait awhile. Maybe soon we will know.

All that matters is the C7+ decision. If we get in we should be able to recuit a top notch coach. Much better situation than the current A-10 with all the lower tier teams, finally TV exposure and TV revenue, quality players will want to be in the new league. A golden boy up and comer or an established coach will want to come here, especially with the understanding that Biondi will be gone soon. The program will ascend to an even higher level.

However, if we do not get in, it will be extremely difficult to get a good coach, with the uncertainty that would follow. The A-10 decimated w/o B, X, D, and Temple.. and where will SLU go? It might take yrs and it may not be close to the attractiveness of the C7+.

While I obviously hope for SLU to make it into the Catholic Conference I think it's a bit overblown that we would suddenly be in such a horrible conference if not chosen.

Temple is leaving regardless, Butler wasn't in our conference until this year, and I think we could still live without Xavier in the A-10. Obviously that's not preferred, but I don't think it would be as bad as people think considering the parity in conference this year.