• $10 for One Reserved Ticket in Price Level B
  • $16 for One Reserved Ticket in Price Level A
  • Choice of Five Games
    • January 19 vs. Rhode Island
    • February 2 vs. Dayton
    • February 16 vs. Charlotte
    • February 27 vs. St. Joseph
    • March 9 vs. LaSalle

Not everyone knows what a Billiken is, but you'd be hard pressed to find a St. Louisan who doesn't have a love for SLU men's basketball. Catch the team take on one of five foes with this offer: For $6 (regularly $12), you'll get one C-level ticket; pay $10 (regularly $20) for one B-level ticket; or, snag one A-level ticket for $16 (regularly $32). Fresh off a tournament appearance last season, Saint Louis is looking to string together wins and build a résumé that will carry the Billikens into March. Don your best team apparel, and get ready to fill Chaifetz Arena with chants of "Go Bills!"

fine print
Each voucher is good for 1 person • Purchaser must pick up ticket(s) at will call prior to game; seating is first-come, first-served • The deal is valid only for tickets on the date of the event as listed and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates • A refund may only be collected within 24 hours of your purchase; no refunds permitted on day of event • Groups wishing to sit together must have same person purchase all tickets • Purchaser may change the name of the individual retrieving tickets up to 24 hours in advance of event via the LivingSocial website event details section; no name-changes or alternate pick-ups permitted without notice at venue • Entire value must be used in a single visit

Wow, they are discounting tickets that much to Dayton and St. Joe? Not a great sign.

I too find I curious that they are discounting the Dayton game (especially since it is a Saturday game). Maybe being an afternoon game, they expect less turnout. Certainly 2/2 cannot already be Spring Break or anything.

That being said, while I have my issues with the Living Social deals like a lot of us do, I would much rather they do something like this and try to sell out the games than sit on their hands. They can't change ticket prices mid-way through the season, so this is one of their only options to boost sales mid-season.

I too find I curious that they are discounting the Dayton game (especially since it is a Saturday game). Maybe being an afternoon game, they expect less turnout. Certainly 2/2 cannot already be Spring Break or anything.

That being said, while I have my issues with the Living Social deals like a lot of us do, I would much rather they do something like this and try to sell out the games than sit on their hands. They can't change ticket prices mid-way through the season, so this is one of their only options to boost sales mid-season.

I agree. Getting butts in the seats and generating additional revenue through food/beverage/merchandise sales is a good thing.

Wow, they are discounting tickets that much to Dayton and St. Joe? Not a great sign.

Not faulting them. I just suprised their have not been better advance sales for those two games. That is a little depressing. I am sure the sweater vesters will make good use of this promo for the Dayton game.

Not faulting them. I just suprised their have not been better advance sales for those two games. That is a little depressing. I am sure the sweater vesters will make good use of this promo for the Dayton game.

I also worry about the sweater vests. Unfortunately, I think the sweater vests will be there regardless of this deal. Too bad SLU won't be getting full price out of them.

Chris May at the Billiken club meeting said they are expecting a good crowd for the Rhode Island game, so this should add to it.

I also worry about the sweater vests. Unfortunately, I think the sweater vests will be there regardless of this deal. Too bad SLU won't be getting full price out of them.

Worrying about Dayton fans showing up at Chaifetz..... please. I hope they come in droves. Bills by 30+.

Somewhat interesting:

This Billikens Living Social deal has been available for about 6 days and 3 hours and has 1,021 sold so far. Note that you can buy up to 6 tickets per purchase, so this could be as many as 6,000 tickets, but it is probably more likely around 2,000 to 3,000 (spread across 5 games).

The SIUE Living Social deal has been available since January 3 (or 12 days and 3 hours) and has 166 sold so far.

The Billikens Living Social deal for the non-conference games sold a total of 1,444. There were 4 games available for that one and for this current deal for conference games there are 5 games available. If the current one does not top 2,000 sold before it is over, I will be disappointed.

Looks like 45 people have taken advantage of the "Daily Deal" on STLToday.

http://upickem.stltoday.com/engine/SplashDetails.aspx?contestid=17232&productid=8202886

Good find. I had not seen that because I'm not signed up for the PD daily deals. That tells me that the $6 and $10 Living Social deals are selling very well, but the $16 deals aren't.

Well the crack team over at the SLU marketing department is pulling out all the stops!

There is now a Bills deal on Groupon as well:

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-saint-louis-university-billikens?p=1&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&sid=a961cdb5-bbcb-4d7f-9a2b-cac0f9ab44d4&division=stlouis&user=83613e976636755f73ca43753c0e3358027a6fa7618a0900f6acccdf02b966e3&date=20130118&s=body&c=deal_title&d=deal-page&utm_campaign=gl-saint-louis-university-billikens

This appears to be a worse deal than the Living Social deal though because it is $8, $12, and $18 rather than $6, $10, and $16. Group makes it look like a better deal by including fees in with their "regular" prices listed.

Somehow there is over 240 bought so far though. I guess there must be people out there that use Groupon, but not Living Social and do not use this board or the PD boards.

A couple of notes poking around on these:

-Groupon has all of the options for the Dayton game sold out, but it looks like I would still be able to buy tickets through Living Social or the SLU/Chaifetz website. I'm not sure what's going on here especially since there hadn't been many sold for the Dayton game on Groupon.

-Groupon allows you to buy up to 8 tickets per game/account, Living Social only 6, and the StlToday Daily Deal only 4.

• 2 weeks later...
I just wanted to post an update on the availability of tickets. I have noticed what may cause some confusion because certain games are "sold out" on Living Social or Groupon, but they are not really "sold out" in the sense that no more tickets are available.

Regarding the 1/2 price games on Living Social and Groupon:

-Saturday 2/2/13 vs Dayton at 1pm is sold out on both Living Social and Groupon. However, regular price tickets appear to be still available through the Chaifetz Arena website, at the SLU Box Office, or by calling (314)977-4SLU. The $12 pricing level seats are totally sold out, but it appears that there are still tickets available in the $20, $32, and $40 sections.

-Saturday 2/16/13 vs Charlotte at 6pm is sold out on Groupon, but not on Living Social. Regular price tickets are also available through the Chaifetz website, SLU Box Office, or calling (314)977-4SLU

-Wednesday 2/27/13 vs St. Joseph's at 7pm and Saturday 3/9/13 vs LaSalle at 12:30pm are both still available on Living Social and Groupon. Regular price tickets are still available as well.

Regular Price Games:

-Thursday 1/31/13 vs Bulter at 8pm and Tuesday 2/19/13 vs VCU at 8pm are not available for 1/2 price. Regular price tickets can be purchased through the Chaifetz Arena website, the box office, or by calling (314)977-4SLU. It appears that only single tickets are available through the website for the Butler game and Bob Ramsey said on the post-game show today that less than 100 tickets remain. The VCU game will likely be a sell out or close to it as well, so if you want to go you should buy tickets while they are still available.

I'm going to bump this to let everyone know that the Groupon deal ends at midnight tonight:

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-saint-louis-university-billikens?p=1&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&sid=a961cdb5-bbcb-4d7f-9a2b-cac0f9ab44d4&division=stlouis&user=83613e976636755f73ca43753c0e3358027a6fa7618a0900f6acccdf02b966e3&date=20130118&s=body&c=deal_title&d=deal-page&utm_campaign=gl-saint-louis-university-billikens

I can't tell when the Living Social deal ends, but it appears that it will continue for a bit because it is not tagged as "ending soon."

• 2 weeks later...
Groupon just sent out an email for a similar deal

Sure enough. Looks like the Bills have put out another Groupon deal to replace the one that ended (I wonder if these sites have a limit on how many days the deals can go on).

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-saint-louis-university-billikens-1

This Groupon is only available for the regular price $32 tickets for Charlotte & Lasalle, but for $32, $20, and $12 price for St. Josephs. That means the Charlotte & LaSalle games must be selling better presumably because they are Saturday games and St. Joe's is a Wednesday game.

And there is another StlToday.com deal up for 1/2 price tickets:

http://upickem.stltoday.com/engine/SplashDetails.aspx?contestid=17232&productid=8315268&LID=36

Description
Today's Deal is good for:
- 50% off a reserved seating ticket to the SLU Men's Basketball game!
- Limit (6) coupons per person.
- Coupon must be redeemed at the box office and swapped for a scan-able ticket.
- Coupon valid only for game listed on coupon when purchased.
- Game options include:

• Saturday, Feb. 16 at 6 p.m. - SLU vs. Charlotte
  • Wednesday, Feb. 27 at 7 p.m. - SLU vs. St. Joseph's
  • Saturday, March 9 at 12:30 p.m. - SLU vs. La Salle
- Each game has three ticket options:

• $6 for upper level end reserved seating ($12 value)
  • $10 for upper level corner reserved seating ($20 value)
  • $16 for lower level end or upper level corner reserved seating ($32 value)
March Madness excitement may be quickly approaching, but why wait? Get your basketball fix now! Cheer on the St. Louis University Billikens Men's Basketball team in one of their final home conference games of the season!

The Billikens have carried out an impressive season that is quickly coming to a close, and hopefully headed into the NCAA Tournament.

Choose from three game options (or just make it simple and go to all three!), including Charlotte on February 16, St. Joseph's on February 27, and La Salle on March 9. Make sure you're part of the action with your reserved seat ticket!

-that is disappointing as I guess it means not a good sell at this point

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Given that this is a Tuesday game, it is not that surprising, but Butler was Thursday and sold out. I suppose Butler being top 10 put a lot more butts in the seats.

I will say I am glad the AD is using these deals to try to sell more tickets rather than just sitting on their hands.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Given that this is a Tuesday game, it is not that surprising, but Butler was Thursday and sold out. I suppose Butler being top 10 put a lot more butts in the seats.

I will say I am glad the AD is using these deals to try to sell more tickets rather than just sitting on their hands.

Thursday and Tuesday are significantly different from a sports marketing standpoint.