New Mexico - Cincy on ESPN 2 now

gister

These two teams are beating the hell out of each other. Sloppy game but New Mexico is going to be real tough to beat. They get after it on D and have a few matchups that could gives us nightmares on the offensive end. Have to play our best game of the year obviously

These two teams are beating the hell out of each other. Sloppy game but New Mexico is going to be real tough to beat. They get after it on D and have a few matchups that could gives us nightmares on the offensive end. Have to play our best game of the year obviously

Four words: Kwamain mother fing Mitchell

I wasn't overly impressed with either team, but it's Cincy's style to try to win ugly games. They certainly made it ugly; at one point Bobby Knight noted that aside from 3-pointers the Bearcats were 7 for 32 from the field. UNM is tough inside, but I say our guards eat theirs alive.

I'm really looking forward to this one. Hopefully we'll get a good active crowd and the team will come out fired up. Definitely one of the biggest games of the season. Gotta get a few of those coveted top 50 RPI wins.

I'm really looking forward to this one. Hopefully we'll get a good active crowd and the team will come out fired up. Definitely one of the biggest games of the season. Gotta get a few of those coveted top 50 RPI wins.

Huge game. 6:30 tip? Pregame > Chaifetz > New Years Eve. Awesome.

New Mexico. Great use of fouls, well coached.

This. Fabulous awareness of how many fouls they had to give and how much time was left. Had they not fouled down to 4.5 sec, that final shot very well could have counted.

PS I didn't check -- did they concede all of their offensive free-throw rebounds? (I'm thinking they didn't. ;) )

This. Fabulous awareness of how many fouls they had to give and how much time was left. Had they not fouled down to 4.5 sec, that final shot very well could have counted.

PS I didn't check -- did they concede all of their offensive free-throw rebounds? (I'm thinking they didn't. ;) )

Come on Joe. Our lack of putting guys on the line has led to two lane violations by the opposing team this year. They must be so used to having to block somebody out that they just walk right in before the shot goes off...brilliant!

Come on Joe. Our lack of putting guys on the line has led to two lane violations by the opposing team this year. They must be so used to having to block somebody out that they just walk right in before the shot goes off...brilliant!

Yes, but someone (kwyjibo?) should run an expected-value analysis given that we only hit one of the two penalty free throws. ;)

UNM is tough inside, but I say our guards eat theirs alive.

Lobo fan here. We've gone up against back courts that have included Shabazz Napier, Ryan Boatright, Cashmere Wright, and Sean Kilpatrick. We've done just fine against them, in some cases even dominating those guards, and somehow Saint Louis' guards are supposed to eat ours alive? Huh?

Not here to talk smack or start a flame war, I just thought that this comment was pretty absurd.

This is going to be a super tough game though, no doubt. You're getting your stud player back, and that should make things even more difficult for us. We are going to have to bring it to go into your place and get a win. Looking forward to a highly contested, gritty match between two solid basketball teams.

Lobo fan here. We've gone up against back courts that have included Shabazz Napier, Ryan Boatright, Cashmere Wright, and Sean Kilpatrick. We've done just fine against them, in some cases even dominating those guards, and somehow Saint Louis' guards are supposed to eat ours alive? Huh?

Not here to talk smack or start a flame war, I just thought that this comment was pretty absurd.

This is going to be a super tough game though, no doubt. You're getting your stud player back, and that should make things even more difficult for us. We are going to have to bring it to go into your place and get a win. Looking forward to a highly contested, gritty match between two solid basketball teams.

Agreed. At 6-4, Williams is going to be a handful again for us. I remember last year that Fenton gave us fits off the bench too. I expect a very tough game for our guards. If we want to win, we'll need our guards to be better than yours because I believe you guys will win the inside game.

oh boy here it comes. we had to endure the lobo fans pr!ck attitude last year and now they are back to tell us how superior they are again. stay on your own board. you dont see us on any lobo board telling lobofans how inferior they are do you?