Crews

gobillsgo

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another note- whereas last year's team came out and played with a chip on their shoulders, and proceeded to crush everyone, it seems like this year the team totally bought into their own hype. This loss might not be terrible in the long run. Hopefully we get that chip back.

Driving home from the game, all I could think about was that the Billikens played TOTALLY UNINSPIRED. No fire. No Conklinesque passion. No intensity.

Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

Crews failed tonight. Crews failed against USC Upstate. Absolutely pathetic job of coaching, motivating, and adjusting.

If he is auditioning for the permanet head coaching job he is not off to the best start. I wasn't impressed with his resume when he took over but I figured he would be able to coast for at least a season on what Majerus had built. It's still early in the season though so who knows maybe tonight was a fluke and he will impress us all by the end of the season.

I really hope we turn things around and this game gets left in the rear view quick. I was not prepared for a bad season.

The Bills are not running their offense like they did under RM. Too slow, not crisp and go one on one after about 15 sevonds into the shot clock. Street ball. They do not have the athletes to play that way. Pretty discouraging display. Do I really want to go to KC next week?

I keep waiting for someone to come on here and say "don't worry guys... it was only the 2nd game of the season.. gotta get some cobwebs out..."

But honestly, for anyone that watched the game, this cannot be an excuse. Boys played like shite tonight. Crews didn't do ANYTHING in game or after halftime to make me think he can actually coach this team. We got worked by a team that wanted it 10x more than we did. I will give SC credit that they shot the lights out of the ball and SLU couldn't buy a bucket.

Trying to figure something out. In Majerus's system, weren't there a lot of "off ball" screens? Did I see more "on ball" screens tonight? Can anyone offer more insight into this thought?

Offense seemed very lackadaisical and sloppy.

Bought my season tickets today for section 208 and wore my checkered pants. Not a good start :unsure:

Show some class, lets not jump on Crews.

We were missing a Top 10 NCAA coach, and both of our star players from last yr, outside, KM a great guard and inside Conk a "go to" back to the basket scorer who a lot of posters said was easily replaced. Not so fast.

KM will be back, (though not 100% for several months) but Conk and Majerus will not.

If no one steps us and becomes and inside force, we will be in trouble. That is a key.

And the effect of losing a GREAT coach might be a lot more than some thought. You have to remember, all of these kids came to play for the legend, Rick Majerus. And he is a 24/7 x's and o's nut, insists on 1,000% effort on D, etc. The kids like, respect, but also fear him. No nonsense.

It might be a disappointing year, even a very disappointing year. Too early to panic, but I am worried.

Sh*t.

The Bills are not running their offense like they did under RM. Too slow, not crisp and go one on one after about 15 sevonds into the shot clock. Street ball. They do not have the athletes to play that way. Pretty discouraging display. Do I really want to go to KC next week?

Sure, KC has great BBQ...

Show some class, lets not jump on Crews.

We were missing a Top 10 NCAA coach, and both of our star players from last yr, outside, KM a great guard and inside Conk a "go to" back to the basket scorer who a lot of posters said was easily replaced. Not so fast.

KM will be back, (though not 100% for several months) but Conk and Majerus will not.

If no one steps us and becomes and inside force, we will be in trouble. That is a key.

And the effect of losing a GREAT coach might be a lot more than some thought. You have to remember, all of these kids came to play for the legend, Rick Majerus. And he is a 24/7 x's and o's nut, insists on 1,000% effort on D, etc. The kids like, respect, but also fear him. No nonsense.

It might be a disappointing year, even a very disappointing year. Too early to panic, but I am worried.

Sh*t.

I was on the side that Crews would come in and do a good job with the team he was given. That view took a huge hit tonight. If we lost a well coached, tough game, that's one thing but the way we lost that one tonight, Crews needs to be jumped on. I understand we are missing two seniors and our best player but that is no excuse for what I just witnessed. He fu©ked with the lineup too early. There were no apparent set plays. Crews never called a strategic time out. We have the talent but our current leader failed tonight. I am not giving up on Crews yet, but he has to get this team ready for KC. How Crews gets the team to answer this loss can probably give us an idea about how this season is going to go.

I was on the side that Crews would come in and do a good job with the team he was given. That view took a huge hit tonight. If we lost a well coached, tough game, that's one thing but the way we lost that one tonight, Crews needs to be jumped on. I understand we are missing two seniors and our best player but that is no excuse for what I just witnessed. He fu©ked with the lineup too early. There were no apparent set plays. Crews never called a strategic time out. We have the talent but our current leader failed tonight. I am not giving up on Crews yet, but he has to get this team ready for KC. How Crews gets the team to answer this loss can probably give us an idea about how this season is going to go.

I missed this detail.. did he actively say he wanted the job when Majerus went down? Or was he handed it by forfeit.

I really was not following that detail. He came here to be an assistant coach. Big difference IMO.

I missed this detail.. did he actively say he wanted the job when Majerus went down? Or was he handed it by forfeit.

I really was not following that detail. He came here to be an assistant coach. Big difference IMO.

1) Seriously - what is with not calling timeouts? I'm not a coach, not even close, but that seemed like not a good idea.

2) I don't care if he "wanted the job" or not. He's the coach. Plus, I'm not sure an excuse of, "Welp, I was gifted a Top 25 team at age 60, it's not my fault" is going to do him any good.

1) Seriously - what is with not calling timeouts? I'm not a coach, not even close, but that seemed like not a good idea.

2) I don't care if he "wanted the job" or not. He's the coach. Plus, I'm not sure an excuse of, "Welp, I was gifted a Top 25 team at age 60, it's not my fault" is going to do him any good.

So if grandma inherits the Packers, she should take them to the Super Bowl. Even if they lose Rogers and Matthews. Wow, you are hard nosed, no excuses. An expert.

Crews was recruited for asst coach, he is a good guy, but we cannot expect him to replace a legend and lead the team recuited 100% by Majerus. Maybe.

So if grandma inherits the Packers, she should take them to the Super Bowl. Even if they lose Rogers and Matthews. Wow, you are hard nosed, no excuses. An expert.

Crews was recruited for asst coach, he is a good guy, but we cannot expect him to replace a legend and lead the team recuited 100% by Majerus.

1) Hard-nosed? You betcha.

2) An expert? Hardly. I admitted as much in the text you quoted.

3) If Crews is the equivalent to my grandma coaching the Packers, well, then, he should not have been on the staff in the first place.

The point being this: If Crews felt he was incapable or unwilling to lead this team then he should not have accepted the offer. No one "forced" him into accepting the coaching job. I don't think this is an issue, and I'm not going to further argue that point.

However, I will not accept excuses for losing to Santa Clara at home after trailing most of the game by 15+ points. If that makes me unreasonable, "hard nosed," or just a fan demanding too much, then so be it. I'm not saying Crews is a bad coach, but he better make some adjustments, and fast.

GO BILLS. See you in March.

1) Hard-nosed? You betcha.

2) An expert? Hardly. I admitted as much in the text you quoted.

3) If Crews is the equivalent to my grandma coaching the Packers, well, then, he should not have been on the staff in the first place.

The point being this: If Crews felt he was incapable or unwilling to lead this team then he should not have accepted the offer. No one "forced" him into accepting the coaching job. I don't think this is an issue, and I'm not going to further argue that point.

However, I will not accept excuses for losing to Santa Clara at home after trailing most of the game by 15+ points. If that makes me unreasonable, "hard nosed," or just a fan demanding too much, then so be it. I'm not saying Crews is a bad coach, but he better make some adjustments, and fast.

GO BILLS. See you in March.

At that point in time when the Majerus announcement shocked us, who in your opinion besides Crews would you suggest would take over at SLU?

He came here to be an assistant, he came into this season as the head coach. He failed his team on basics tonight. He is the leader and needs to act like one.