Rickma to be on 590 around 11:15

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New Zealand has not qualified (yet) for the Olympics. Loe would play in the qualifying competition. Ian Vouyoukas will likely play for Greece in the qualifying tournament as well. Vouyoukas v. Loe in the semis? Ellis is not currently on the active Australian roster of over 20 players (Australia and the US have already qualified).

Ellis & Loe - possibly.

Ellis just landed in Australia and is trying out this week. He posted that he was very honored and excited for the opportunity. I looked on their site and it didn't look like he was among the original 20 invited. But he is now. Good luck to Cody!

That would be a great move for CE. Let's hope he makes it although he'll be competing against more seasoned pros for a spot. I would guess Loe will be invited as well? Even if they don't make it the tryouts will be beneficial for them.

Rick said we are going to play at Stanford also are having a Charlie Spoonhour night vs Eastern Illinois(Jay Spoonhour is the coach)

Stanford is a home and home

Butler home and home, VCU, St. Joe, UMass, and either X or UD at home

I'd love to get DB on the staff. Watching this clip, I forgot how he came on pretty strong as a senior and had quite a stroke. I still remember the dunk around the 5:10 mark.

Does anybody know what Femi is going to do? He played the role of a coach the past 2 years, so hopefully he can remain with the program somehow (if he is looking to pursue a coaching career).

Rick said we are going to play at Stanford also are having a Charlie Spoonhour night vs Eastern Illinois(Jay Spoonhour is the coach)

Stanford is a home and home

Butler home and home, VCU, St. Joe, UMass, and either X or UD at home

Really hope the Stanford thing is true (RM has a way of jumping the gun on scheduling discussions so I'm going to remain cautious on this one) but that would be a really nice team to add. Their RPI hasn't been great the past few years but they are a good name and should draw well for a home game.

Really hope the Stanford thing is true (RM has a way of jumping the gun on scheduling discussions so I'm going to remain cautious on this one) but that would be a really nice team to add. Their RPI hasn't been great the past few years but they are a good name and should draw well for a home game.

Hes said the return game is signed it will be right near xmas

I am pretty sure Rob Loe is on the qualification team. The NZ team is pretty beat up so that just makes Loe more solid. This article talks about changing tactics to get big men like Loe more involved because of their best guards being injured.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/basketball/7023012/Abercrombie-forced-out-of-Tall-Blacks-campaign

This could be an advantage for us.

Sure. Tony Young definitely now has a connection to both SLU and RM. At the same time, his alma mater is still SIUC where he probably has a good memories and even some connections even though Chris Lowrey is gone. Speaking of Lowrey, I'm sure Bruce Weber and Chris Lowrey (both now at Kansas State) will be in contact with Young to try and establish pipeline based upon all their Carbondale connections from the East Side and St. Louis to Kansas State.

Sure. Tony Young definitely now has a connection to both SLU and RM. At the same time, his alma mater is still SIUC where he probably has a good memories and even some connections even though Chris Lowrey is gone. Speaking of Lowrey, I'm sure Bruce Weber and Chris Lowrey (both now at Kansas State) will be in contact with Young to try and establish pipeline based upon all their Carbondale connections from the East Side and St. Louis to Kansas State.

It's been a while since ESL has turned out any D-1 players of note. I do recall the kid SLU signed that couldn't play, but can't think of any others recently. East Side is not the hot bed of hoops it once was.

Hes said the return game is signed it will be right near xmas

Awesome. Games around Christmas always draw well. With a big name, I could see that being a sellout. Who knows, we may even be able to get a "out of school" student section larger than 30 people for that one!

It's been a while since ESL has turned out any D-1 players of note. I do recall the kid SLU signed that couldn't play, but can't think of any others recently. East Side is not the hot bed of hoops it once was.

the munson kid that is at east st louis now is a legit d1 player as is the austin kid from cahokia.