Majerus Contract Extension?

When in the hell are we going to sign the Big Man to an extension?

Zach McCrite (@ZachandtheCoach) from 101.1 tweeted this yesterday:

"Interesting insight received on Majerus-to-SMU story. Majerus wants extension. 1yr left. Leverage play. Interestingly, SLU didn't budge."

What the funk does a guy gotta do to get a contract extension? PAY THE MAN.

When in the hell are we going to sign the Big Man to an extension?

Zach McCrite (@ZachandtheCoach) from 101.1 tweeted this yesterday:

"Interesting insight received on Majerus-to-SMU story. Majerus wants extension. 1yr left. Leverage play. Interestingly, SLU didn't budge."

What the funk does a guy gotta do to get a contract extension? PAY THE MAN.

Totally agree, box.

Extend the man's deal. The fact that he hasn't leads me to believe the rift between Fr.B and RM is far wider than most of us imagined. But someone should recognize this is not good for recruiting. What's he gonna tell a recruit, "Yes, I'll be your coach for 4 years, if they decide to keep me."?

What is the actual deal with Rickma's contract?

Tucci has been on the record saying Majerus has the option to extend it himself and I have heard the same from others. My guess is that an extension is not the problem for Majerus. I think that Majerus wants the contract extended while changing the terms of the deal.

What is the actual deal with Rickma's contract?

Tucci has been on the record saying Majerus has the option to extend it himself and I have heard the same from others. My guess is that an extension is not the problem for Majerus. I think that Majerus wants the contract extended while changing the terms of the deal.

+1 This. Remember how long Rick negotiated with Biondi after it became clear he wanted the job? I agree with Brian that coach is building leverage to alter the terms of the deal. This extension is probably the last coaching contract he will sign in his life. Charter flights may be the crux of the battle.

-i wish we knew the real story, but in any case i would like Rick to be our coach for as long as it makes sense

-and btw, he may or may not be our coach next season and is a lazy recruiter ;)

-reality

Are we REALLY sure we want to extend his contract? One measelly NCAA win?? I mean c'mon he's such a lazy recruiter he couldn't get Easy Ed's grandkid to play here. Finishing second for all the best talent St. Louis has to offer just won't cut it. Lets get Porter back Or the guy who's name escapes me who went to the NBDL. He should at least know how to spot someone who can dunk........

Im ok with an extension but there needs to be an heir apparent or at least some plan. The choices will be, promote within or hire the best available.

Frankly, if I were a betting man, given his health and general quirkensess, I question whether he'll be the coach after the next two years.

Reports are we are testing the waters to see how much it would cost to lure Porter back since he had such an awesome year. I've heard he will come back here if we pay $3M+ per year and build a new stadium.

Im ok with an extension but there needs to be an heir apparent or at least some plan. The choices will be, promote within or hire the best available.

Frankly, if I were a betting man, given his health and general quirkensess, I question whether he'll be the coach after the next two years.

Sh!t happens and you deal with it when it happens. Maybe he's here for one year, maybe five more, maybe ten more. He may or may not be back next season. Maybe we hire within, maybe we find the best available. Who will be available when it is determined he won't be back? Who won't be available? Who will be available within our staff? Will he not come back because of health issues or will it be his general quirkensess? SLU basketball has been sour for so long, it makes this year and the upcoming years that much sweeter. Rick has turned the program around, just enjoy the man's work for as long as it lasts and we'll deal with worrying about an heir apparent when the time comes.