Does anyone know if ticket prices will go up next year?

Have no information, just wondering if tickets will go up? I think the upper level is already over priced. Just wondering, because after a season like we just had, I'm just preparing myself. I sure hope not. If so, I'll just stay at home and watch them on tv....oh wait, nevermind! Any info would be appreciated, God Bless!

I doubt there will be a major increase. I have always thought the ticket prices were pretty cheap myself, but that is for the lower bowl. I do not know what the upper bowl tickets were priced, but I thought there were only like $10.

Have no information, just wondering if tickets will go up? I think the upper level is already over priced. Just wondering, because after a season like we just had, I'm just preparing myself. I sure hope not. If so, I'll just stay at home and watch them on tv....oh wait, nevermind! Any info would be appreciated, God Bless!

Brace yourself. The top dog wants to bump up the prices.

If the good father wants to raise prices he will. However, he will kill any momentum this program has going. Gas is $4, utilities are sky high and food prices are rising. I'm older, but ticket prices are on the verge of being too expensive for younger people, especially for younger families. Chris May will pull whatever hair he has left out, if this happens. The father needs to worry about his fountains and statues and keep his collar out of the athletic department. Granted, he has done a great job over the years for the university, but when it comes to sports, especially basketball, he needs to just go to games and cheer. Just when you think things are finally headed in the right direction. If anything, I would drop prices and try and broaden the fan base, then again I guess father likes a half empty building in early December against Portland. God Bless.

Nice name, but I beat ya to it. It's all good, great minds think alike.

If the good father wants to raise prices he will. However, he will kill any momentum this program has going. Gas is $4, utilities are sky high and food prices are rising. I'm older, but ticket prices are on the verge of being too expensive for younger people, especially for younger families. Chris May will pull whatever hair he has left out, if this happens. The father needs to worry about his fountains and statues and keep his collar out of the athletic department. Granted, he has done a great job over the years for the university, but when it comes to sports, especially basketball, he needs to just go to games and cheer. Just when you think things are finally headed in the right direction.

And, despite your great name (albeit not original) you are mistaken. Winning cures all, and as long as we win, a marginal price increase will not result in a decrease of tickets sold. Father Biondi would likely increase ticket prices for all but increase the student tickets at a decreased rate (or just increase the amount and automatically charge it as a "tuition expense.") So, the students will indirectly (and by that I primarily mean the students' parents) absorb the cost.

It is natural for the cost to go up to some extent, the key is that it only be a reasonable increase. If that is the price of winning ball, then so be it. As long as it is not a New York Knicks-like 50% bump in all ticket prices, then it will not "kill any momentum the program has." Let's be reasonable here, we expect it, it will happen, it should happen, and that is OK because, hey, we were in the NCAA TOURNAMENT!!!!!! AND WE WILL BE BACK. Ok, I will pay $100 more over the course of 10-15 home games (7-10 more per game).

I doubt there will be a major increase. I have always thought the ticket prices were pretty cheap myself, but that is for the lower bowl. I do not know what the upper bowl tickets were priced, but I thought there were only like $10.

The ends are $10 for season tickets or $12 I believe for single game. Once you shift over to the corners and sides the cost goes up.

I agree with what you are saying, I'm a Bills fan though. I look at the casual fan base and wonder if it is too expensive for a family of four in St. Louis? This isn't Kansas, where demand is high. I understand prices have to go up, but it just seems like until the place is jammed every night all your going to do is hurt the people who have supported you through thick and thin. 12 years it took to get back into the NCAA. 12 years. If we make it next year, then raise prices, just not this upcoming year. I wonder if we had a year like last year, if tickets would go up? Doubt it.

Who cares about a "casual" fan base? Take care of the ones that brung you here first. A casual fan doesn't know the difference between regular ticket prices and whatever it is that allows them access to "the event." Just so they get into "the event."

Again, just win baby and the rest will take care of itself.

Yes we have not seen a tix increase since we moved into the Fetz but they raised the prices a goodly sum when we did so to say we have not had a price increase is technically correct but not really true. I have no problem with a tix increase that is nominal - say $25 a season tix or even $50 - once you get over that then I think you are simply saying to long time season tix holders - thanks for sticking by us but now that we won once we think we can stick it to you. Remember for those who own more than one seat, this can get to be real money. Now I would propose an option - keep the tix prices the same for those who increase their donation to the AD by the amount they want to raise tix prices. This at least allows the donor to get a tax deduction where as the increase tix price gives the buy nothing in return. Another way would be to increase the seat license which is once again a tax deduction since the money goes to the Billiken Club. My point is there are ways to make the price increase more palatable. I also agree to raise the single game tix by maybe a dollar or so or the tix packages a few bucks - lots of ways to increase revenue without simply sticking it to the season tix holder.

I would sure hope they do NOT raise prices. Prices were raised with the opening of Chaifetz and we have been "overpaying" for the quality of product we received prior to this year.

I said this before the season, and will say again now, but RM has rebuilt this program using the slow and steady method and I sure do like the results. No improprieties, alleged improprieties or hint of scandal in last 5 years. No JUCO's (in part b/c of new NCAA "on pace to graduate rules" and SLU's lack of degrees such as Phys Ed...), no transfers, no one and done guys but 4 year scholarship guys like BC and KC and next year KM, CE and CR (long gone are the non-students like WR, BT, JJ, JS, etc) who will graduate and who represent SLU well both on and off the court. But for NCAA not clearing CE earlier, we would have won more games, made the NIT (not CBI) and even been a possible NCAA bubble team 2 years ago. But for The Situation, we would have made the NCAA last year with KM graduating this year and having either JJ, MM or our new recruit step in to handle the point next year. But for The Situation, this would have been our 2nd NCAA appearance and our chances of landing even better recruits than GG and ET last Spring would have increased. In any event, and now with hindsight, we can connect the dots and see that RM has this program not only headed in the right direction but that he has gotten past The Situation which will not go down in history as RM's version of the Craig Upchurch fiasco which was the beginning of the end for Grawer.

-good post, cheese, i agree with a lot in there

-clock i agree that it appears like we are moving beyond some of the not so good things in our past better than we as a program have done previously, what can't be undone is the missed success in those years taken away by some of the not so good things in our past, but let's hope we have a solid foundation of a program that can keep movin' on up and that leads to everyone, everywhere knowing what the Billiken is

The Situation should have bought us at least five years without an increase in ticket prices.

You think he'd be willing to subsidize that? I know he's raking it in, but even if he wanted to that for us, something tells me he's not very good with money.

Posted Image