ESPN Recruitment

Roy's formula: Start with ESPN rating. +25 points for every IL-based recruit. -25 points for recruits from anywhere else.

not just illinois. at minimum south of springfield. basically, i "gotoseethekidsplay".

btw, whatever happened to courtside? kind of miss his marquette blathering.

not just illinois. at minimum south of springfield. basically, i "gotoseethekidsplay".

I miss him too, Roy. We definitely have a shortage of ultra-arrogant posters with absolutely no sense of humor. ;)

Rather than admit he was wrong about anything he just disappeared. I'm sure him, Crean, Calipari, Obama and the Pope are having a Schlitz and reminiscing about the good old days.

actually the man i suspected to be courtside (never verified so still to this day is a pure guess) i know for a fact had cancer and was battling last year. i never saw an obit, so might still be alive and again not sure it was him anyway.

the one thing i couldnt get about courtside, as arrogant as he was, you would have thought he would have wanted to tell us who he was. but man he guarded that.

actually the man i suspected to be courtside (never verified so still to this day is a pure guess) i know for a fact had cancer and was battling last year. i never saw an obit, so might still be alive and again not sure it was him anyway.

the one thing i couldnt get about courtside, as arrogant as he was, you would have thought he would have wanted to tell us who he was. but man he guarded that.

Well, if courtside had/has cancer, I do actually wish him the best and hope he's back to being his arrogant self soon and for a long time to come.

That's right, I should have been more specific. Something like "Metro East Extended".

I'm pretty sure I know who you are talking about and just leave it at that. I agree with you that you would have thought that he'd let us in on who he was, especially with all of the know-it-all posts, but he always kept that a total secret.

I'm pretty sure I know who you are talking about and just leave it at that. I agree with you that you would have thought that he'd let us in on who he was, especially with all of the know-it-all posts, but he always kept that a total secret.

I also think I know who you are talking about but I never saw him as a soccer guy.

i agree completely with the above. even the most active recruiting guys cant possible see enough of the quality recruits to realistically have a clue. i quit caring about recruiting reports beyond, "so we have a commit to fill a spot" way back in the spoon days when the highly acclaimed greg hardin turned out to be a fat no talent kid that never saw the floor and ricky cranford the supposed best player in nyc checked into his first game and had absolutely no game. i now trust only my own lying eyes to any degree.

Roy, have you seen Carter play? If so, what do you think?

Roy, have you seen Carter play? If so, what do you think?

i have not. north of springfield. out of my area. :)

If I kid was not recruited by the big boys, then ESPN recruiting does not care. Take that into perspective.

I guess we'll never know, but I wonder how many of the "big boys" would have been coming around for Carter if he were still unsigned heading into the spring signing period? I remember we signed KM before interest really started picking up for him. That seems to be the key... get quality players early who are flying a bit under the radar and then hope they go out and have big high school senior seasons. RM is very good at this.

I guess we'll never know, but I wonder how many of the "big boys" would have been coming around for Carter if he were still unsigned heading into the spring signing period? I remember we signed KM before interest really started picking up for him. That seems to be the key... get quality players early who are flying a bit under the radar and then hope they go out and have big high school senior seasons. RM is very good at this.

Until SLU becomes a tournament regular, this is exactly what SLU has to do.

Until SLU becomes a tournament regular, this is exactly what SLU has to do.

KC is a perfect Majerus recruit. He is an excellent player who is smart and wants to defend but he did not get much notice by the big schools. I predict he will blow up and be a great player for the Bills no later than his junior year. It might happen sooner but our three tough and highly skilled guards from this year's tournament team will not give up minutes over the next two years without a hell of a fight! The fact that he was the point guard for an undefeated team in the biggest class in Ill until they lost by 2 points in the state championship is impressive, as is his reasonably high shooting percentage, including from 3 point land. I feel for him because he had his worst shooting game of the year in that game and they lost by 2 points. But he will undoubtedly come in very hungry and excited. JB will have to really work hard this summer to keep those Kyle C minutes that seemed to be ready for him to take over next year.

It really is ironic that Porter got an oral commitment from this young man before he was really known and RM came in and signed him before his fabulous senior season even started. Porter really needs a whole new group of players and a tough talented point guard from Chicago would have been a nice building block. I can't wait for next season's first practice!!!!!!!!!!!!