Tweet from Willie Reed

mrslu

Not all sure we would have been better with Willie. I know people think I am crazy for saying that. I love Willie and hope he does great things. But, Willie was all about Willie. This team had great chemistry and I think we were better off without Willie this year. Our rotation would have been even bigger and I am not sure that would have been a good thing.

Now, if Willie would have changed, gotten in great shape with great stamina, kept his academics in order, didn't make it all about Willie, stayed out of trouble, was a team first guy - well, then this team would have been even more special.

My guess is that WR would have started off great, became ineligible during the season, and then it would have set the team back.

Everything that was supposed to happen this year did happen and WR was not part of the picture.

I will still follow WR and hope he makes it to the next level.

Not all sure we would have been better with Willie. I know people think I am crazy for saying that. I love Willie and hope he does great things. But, Willie was all about Willie. This team had great chemistry and I think we were better off without Willie this year. Our rotation would have been even bigger and I am not sure that would have been a good thing.

Now, if Willie would have changed, gotten in great shape with great stamina, kept his academics in order, didn't make it all about Willie, stayed out of trouble, was a team first guy - well, then this team would have been even more special.

My guess is that WR would have started off great, became ineligible during the season, and then it would have set the team back.

Everything that was supposed to happen this year did happen and WR was not part of the picture.

I will still follow WR and hope he makes it to the next level.

Fair point, but wish Willie the best. Nothing wrong with a Billiken ambassador hopefully playing someday in the NBA.

No love for his former co-train cunductor and current Ohio Bobcat Jon Smiff??

He did want to make the sacrafices to be here so screw him. I hope he gets it figured out and has a long career some place.

I just wish we could have used him for one game. The MSU game. Maybe he would of been able to slow down Draymond.