SLU vs. X GDT

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Evans again.

But why do they have to have media TO before Evans shoots his FT? Why can't they wait until after the FT?

Media ices the shooter.

It's the rule on media timeouts. Changed 5-6 years ago so that advertisers don't miss their commercials in case the FT is missed and play continues until the next deadball. Also, it makes the game flower smoother, preventing media timeouts from coming too close together.

I think after Kwamain hit those first 2 early 3's, SLU started firing up outside shots too early in the shot clock. I don't advocate the Shot Clock Expiration Offense, but SLU seems to shoot the ball better after a few passes.

Agree, we had no inside game until 2nd half and that was when we got back into the game.

8 or 9 seed.

X just wanted it more than the Billikens. We didn't bring our A-game.

I'd rather see the Bonnies win. It'd give A-10 4 teams in Big Dance, and woouldn't effect our seed.

I hope you are right re the Bonnies.

But I don't have a crystal ball and don't want to take any chances. I'm rooting for X tomorrow.

My position is getting the alma mater (SLU) into the NCAA (micro) greatly trumps concern for the A10 as a whole (macro). SLU may well not be in the same league as the Bonnies later in the future anyway.

Today was the calmest I've been while watching a Bills game in a long time.

+1 . . . sucks we lost but not the end of the world. Let the madness begin.

Today was the calmest I've been while watching a Bills game in a long time.

Funny you say that. I was the same way, but I think it is because I am just worn out from these games.

BTW - I will never watch another game at Fieldhouse - three losses in a row. Just can't go back.

I threw out plenty of effers at FH... Im now 2-2 there... : / Not happy, but we got our loss out of the way... were set to go for a few now.... Lets go.

I put the davola kibosh on my FH 0-2 jinx. Went to The POST with several other (polite and quiet) Bills fans. We lost anyway. What was in the air today ? Was sleepy at halftime, went home, watched on the computer. I consider my jinx over, will be back to the rowdy FH the next time. Sorry I missed meeting the Wiz last game. Was he wearing a floppy pointed hat and maybe a purple robe, Merlin-style ?

+1 . . . sucks we lost but not the end of the world. Let the madness begin.

I agree. These conference tournaments are meaningless unless you are fighting for a tournament bid or in rare cases, compelling differences in seeding. I found it annoying to see Mizzou rocking out Big 12 championship gear last night. Think they care at all about that if they get bounced in the second round of the tournament? I'll bet you Kim English already gave his hat and t-shirt to a homeless uncle already.