DE

wgstl

heard from someone that in his last 10 games he's avg 9.2 pts and 9.3 reb. During that 10 games he had 4 double doubles and was 1 point from making that 5 DD. Heating up at the right time.

SHAFT! BAD MUTHA

Broy's stuck in the 70's tonight. Must have been that post about the trip down memory lane for all us oldies. And, Broy, you're still just a whipper snapper in the eyes of WP Jim and myself. Heck I'm just a young'un in WP Jim's eyes. Fun season, though, ain't it?

Happy to see DE return to early season form and hope he stays inspired. He is the only starter that seems to have maintained instead of showing big improvement.

To me Ellis and Loe would be fine examples of improvement if BC didn't just amaze us all this year

The best thing about RL and CE is they have another summer or two under RM's tutelage to get that much better. I expect both of them to be more prominent on the inside next year to replace BC's production. I'm hoping for a nice run in the dance this year. Next year, if all goes well, I think we're a real threat to pull off a Butler or a VCU type run.

The best thing about RL and CE is they have another summer or two under RM's tutelage to get that much better. I expect both of them to be more prominent on the inside next year to replace BC's production. I'm hoping for a nice run in the dance this year. Next year, if all goes well, I think we're a real threat to pull off a Butler or a VCU type run.

This is the post I've been meaning to write. The only thing I would add is that I think we need Manning to contribute next year in order to have a deep run.

Happy to see DE return to early season form and hope he stays inspired. He is the only starter that seems to have maintained instead of showing big improvement.

To me Ellis and Loe would be fine examples of improvement if BC didn't just amaze us all this year

You don't think Evans has shown improvement?

His outside shot is much better than last year. He's more aggressive and confident. He has had some inconsistent games, but he keeps coming back and attacking. If he didn't have those off games he'd be getting all-conference consideration. If he keeps progressing he will end up all-conference.

His outside shot is much better than last year. He's more aggressive and confident. He has had some inconsistent games, but he keeps coming back and attacking. If he didn't have those off games he'd be getting all-conference consideration. If he keeps progressing he will end up all-conference.

and the fact hes developed a much better positioning for rebounds. he runs around like a 6'3 guard then soon as the ball is shot he transforms into some 6'10 rebounder.

DE has certainly improved even if his box score stats don't always reflect it. Last year, DE was a 4 (back to the basket player) whether he played the 3 or the 4. With his size and skillset, DE would be very effective at the 4 for most mid-majors but not for the program RM is building. Therefore, DE's future for us is at the 3 if he can make the change.

This year, IMO, he is making great strides in changing into a 3 (guard player facing the basket from the outside). Therefore, his development has been huge but not complete. IMO, DE is still more comfortable with his back to the basket (to be expected) and therefore games like yesterday's provided him with favorable matchups whereby he could use his size and post-up ability to his advantage. As a true "wing" or 3, DE is still a work in progress whereby he can be effective but he is not making his 20 points playing like a guard/wing - with his dribbling, slashing ability and outside shot. Hopefully, DE will be raining 3's next year!!

My opinion he needs to work a lot harder and he works when he is up against a guard but definitely not when he is guarded by someone taller and faster. I hope he is different from Monroe Douglas who as a senior had same skill set as he did freshman year