For those with a level head -- Where do we stand now?

This game had me worried for some time, but didn't want to write anything afraid to jinx it. As you all know I like St. mary`s also, and this game is SO like last season when SMC went to San Diego and lost, they won 6 games also, and St.Mary`s went to the NIT basically because of this bad loss.

I think if we win both regular games and finish second we should be ok, regardless of Atlantic City, but at least one there would be huge.,As it has been stated here many times, it`s tough being a Billiken fan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This game had me worried for some time, but didn't want to write anything afraid to jinx it. As you all know I like St. mary`s also, and this game is SO like last season when SMC went to San Diego and lost, they won 6 games also, and St.Mary`s went to the NIT basically because of this bad loss.

I think if we win both regular games and finish second we should be ok, regardless of Atlantic City, but at least one there would be huge.,As it has been stated here many times, it`s tough being a Billiken fan

Temple just got boat-raced by St. Joes. I'm not as worried as the most negative poster on Billikens.com should be.

Lunardi has had us a little lower than most bracketology guys throughout this whole year and he still has us at 36th on his S-Curve. Need to take care of business against Xavier and Duquesne.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/50096/joe-lunardis-latest-bracketology-update-10

S-CURVE PROJECTION

1-KENTUCKY 2-SYRACUSE 3-Kansas* 4-Michigan State*

8-Ohio State 7-Missouri 6-North Carolina 5-Duke

9-Marquette 10-Baylor 11-Georgetown 12-Michigan

16-Indiana 15-Wisconsin 14-Florida State 13-Louisville

17-Florida 18-Notre Dame 19-WICHITA STATE 20-UNLV

24-Creighton 23-MURRAY STATE 22-Vanderbilt 21-Temple*

25-New Mexico 26-Gonzaga 27-San Diego State 28-Purdue

32-California* 31-Memphis* 30-Virginia 29-SAINT MARY'S

33-Iowa State 34-Kansas State 35-Southern Miss 36-Saint Louis

40-Washington 39-Connecticut 38-Alabama 37-Cincinnati

41-LONG BEACH STATE 42-Arizona 43-Harvard* 44-Seton Hall

48-Xavier 47-Brigham Young 46-West Virginia 45-Mississippi State

49-Texas 50-Northwestern 51-Saint Joseph's 52-ORAL ROBERTS

56-Akron* 55-MIDDLE TENNESSEE 54-DREXEL 53-IONA

57-Nevada* 58-BELMONT 59-DAVIDSON 60-VALPARAISO

64-LONG ISLAND 63-UT ARLINGTON 62-Weber State* 61-BUCKNELL

65-UNC ASHEVILLE 66-Stony Brook* 67-MISS. VALLEY STATE 68-Savannah State*

72-South Florida 71-VCU 70-Miami (Fla.) 69-Colorado State

73-Dayton 74-UCF 75-Oregon 76-NC State

*Current conference leader.

ALL CAPS: Regular-season champion (NIT auto-bid if needed)

This L is just so hard to accept. But how they rebound against X and DU will decide our fate. If we win both and even lose the first tourney game, I think we're in. Split with X or UD we've got ourselves in a mess. Go 0-2, and we'll have to win the A-10. It's there for the taking boys, so go out and take it. By the way, this is not the first game we've had problems w/ a 2-3 zone. The problem there is other than CE, we don't have another guy who's consistent enough from outside to worry anyone who'll go to a 2-3.

The secret of our success is our lock-down defense. Seen that in the 2 Philly games. Both St J's and LaS could not get off a shot till deep into the clock. When they did it was a very poor shot, often an air ball. That requires unbelievable amount of concentration and hustle. Something they did not exhibit yesterday.

We need to replicate that Tuesday night and in Pittsburgh on Saturday. I want that 2nd place finish for AC.

All yesterday proved is that the end of the A10 season is always chaos. Us. La Salle. Temple. Umass got detroyed at Dayton by over 30. THIRTY!!! The idiot poster comingon here and ripping us in 7 posts is just as Billikan says. A troll. Gary has always been the first to lay claimto the sky is always falling. No way the second place team inthe A10 is going to the CBI. Not yet anyway.

What trend I am not liking here is falling as we come down the stretch. Stumble at Rode Island now a match with Xavier two days later. That's a swing game ---- I do not care that we beat them already, it's a new day and the Xavier team coming in is in a different place --- fighting for their Dance lives. Loasew that one, then we are back on the road trying tobeat a team a little betteroff than the onewe just lost to. Which sends us into AC with our heads down and likely up our arse.

Better play well and play a full game against Xavier or we'll be doing this all again come Wednesday. I still think we are in but must win Tuesday to lock out any other talk. We shoudl win out on the road to AC. Of couse, I said that Friday night too.

The secret of our success is our lock-down defense. Seen that in the 2 Philly games. Both St J's and LaS could not get off a shot till deep into the clock. When they did it was a very poor shot, often an air ball. That requires unbelievable amount of concentration and hustle. Something they did not exhibit yesterday.

We need to replicate that Tuesday night and in Pittsburgh on Saturday. I want that 2nd place finish for AC.

Agree!