Rhode Island GDT

Taj79

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's go after Majerus and his 1950's style of play. Let's leave the horse and buggy behind and join the 21st century!

LOL. Yesterday we were talking about how amazing RM is and how he is the HofF coach we all want and hope he can stay forever....

One bad loss by 2 (w/ 3 of our guys shooting 1 for 15) and people are already calling for RM's head. ###### Billiken fans... jesus.

We lose 64-62

I was not too concerned about any of our losses this year to this point but this one is a really bad loss. I am not a doom and gloomer but this one is going to stick out like a turd in the punchbowl. There is no good excuse for this one and NOONE showed up to play today. This one may haunt us in the worst way. I am always optimistic but this one leaves no room for optimism.

LOL. Yesterday we were talking about how amazing RM is and how he is the HofF coach we all want and hope he can stay forever....

One bad loss by 2 (w/ 3 of our guys shooting 1 for 15) and people are already calling for RM's head. ###### Billiken fans... jesus.

No this is something that has been a big problem since he has been here we do not need 8 guards and 4 bigs 3 of wich have no post moves what so ever. It's bigs who win not the guards!!!

And we wonder why people dont care about our program and dont come to games.....

I can't believe that just happened. And I had to listen to it happen because there was no broadcast on uverse. that's the problem, milwaukee. nobody but the Billiken fanatics are going to have to depend on finding live streams on websites registered in Europe. We need real television coverage, and if that means go to the MVC, then I'm finally on board. (OT: this loss is now officially the worst sports news of the week, passing ryan braun getting away with breaking the rules)

We win the next two - we are 24-6 and we are fine. If we lose one more of the next two, we best planning on going to the finals in Atlantic City.

And we'll all be huddling around our radios for that Duquesne game due to our school/conference having the worst TV package in all of DI.

This was pathetic, they did not come to play.

I can understand the Umass/UNM loss, both teams are very good at home. Even the LMU game, they shot unbelievable that night. Also, watched them few weeks take down St Mary's.

This was just about being out hustled. URI didn't shoot the ball well, but they had a ungodly amount of o-rebounds which converted into points. A simple case of not blocking-out and hustling.

They better be ready for Tuesday night.

Let's go after Majerus and his 1950's style of play. Let's leave the horse and buggy behind and join the 21st century!

Nothing to do with RM. NOONE played like they wanted it. When we got up 13, the body language changed like we thought we had won. Thats players thinking they can waltz through a game after they push ahead. RI never quit like we anticipated and the longer we let them hang around the tougher the situation became. Rebounding is desire and they killed us on the offensive boards. We rebound the ball, we win. it is that simple and the lack of desire today to rebound the ball was pathetic.

No this is something that has been a big problem since he has been here we do not need 8 guards and 4 bigs 3 of wich have no post moves what so ever. It's bigs who win not the guards!!!

They have been fine all year against much better talent. Our team is constructed fine. You get beat when you get outhustled and outworked on the boards. Has nothing to do with Bigs or guards on this team. They didnt come to play today and they got beat. Period!

I did not get to see or listen to this train wreck as no streaming for internet or radio in South FL. Bad loss and we can only hope it does not linger as X even at home is no sure W. So were we up by 13 in the 2nd half and lose. We definitely have work to do to ensure a Big Dance invite.

Obviously, our hunt for at least a shared A-10 Championship is toast.

Well, of course. Who could expect anything from a team that loses to Rhode Island, a school ranked 266 in the RPI ?!? This loss has destroyed our hopes of making the dance and will probably go down as one of the greatest losses in the history of our school.