Rammer says A-10 is dead.....

The Wiz

Yeah I got it. Evansville, IN and Des Moines, IA are much less attractive TV markets than Olean, NY. :rolleyes:

Where did I say I want to be stuck with the Bonnies in the future? I don't. You were responding to a post where I said if the Big East doesn't explode that SLU, X, Dayton and Butler need to look at their options at starting a new conference. I never said a word about the Bonnies being in that conference.

Where did I say I want to be stuck with the Bonnies in the future? I don't. You were responding to a post where I said if the Big East doesn't explode that SLU, X, Dayton and Butler need to look at their options at starting a new conference. I never said a word about the Bonnies being in that conference.

But your premise doesn't make sense. If we get left out by the Big East teams, what are the other options besides A10? The Valley? The Horizon? The MAC? I think the Valley is the best option at that point.

But your premise doesn't make sense. If we get left out by the Big East teams, what are the other options besides A10? The Valley? The Horizon? The MAC? I think the Valley is the best option at that point.

Start a new conference. Peel some teams from the A10, Valley, Horizon, and other confrences if you need to. Why would SLU, X, Dayton and Butler want to switch conferences to join up with a bunch of schools they have nothing in common with and a conference they didn't want to join before when they all had the chance? Create your own thing with only like minded and somewhat similar schools that can bring some decent to midsize TV markets to the table.

Start a new conference. Peel some teams from the A10, Valley, Horizon, and other confrences if you need to. Why would SLU, X, Dayton and Butler want to switch conferences to join up with a bunch of schools they have nothing in common with and they didn't a conference they didn't want to join before when they all had the chance? Create your own thing with only like minded and somewhat similar schools that can bring some decent to midsize TV markets to the table.

-brian i agree, but i wonder where the leadership to form this conf comes from?

-and while we are at it, get better refs!!

Problem: we need a conference.

Solution: Let's all donate enough money to start a football program and then we can join the SEC. Count me in for the first $10.

Start a new conference. Peel some teams from the A10, Valley, Horizon, and other confrences if you need to. Why would SLU, X, Dayton and Butler want to switch conferences to join up with a bunch of schools they have nothing in common with and they didn't a conference they didn't want to join before when they all had the chance? Create your own thing with only like minded and somewhat similar schools that can bring some decent to midsize TV markets to the table.

Biran is correct. Biondi should be taking the lead on this issue like yesterday. when our brethern left us at the alter back in conference usa days, one would think we learned our lesson about sitting back and waiting assuming that surely we would always be included. while many on here have expressed their displeasure with doug woolard and cheryl levick they both indicated after that point in time that in the future slu would be more proactive with conference affiliations going forward. i honestly have never approached the subject with chris may so i have no idea what his thoughts are and how active he has been but i would assume it is a priority. i will be very very disappointed if biondi and may allow a left behind scenario to happen again.

my blind trust is that we would actively seek inclusion in moves and if necessary be a leader in efforts to create a scenario that is better than bus rides to peoria and carbondale. especially considering the "coincidental" explosion our student recruitment has been from the geographical areas that surround our current A-10 conference schools. surely Father Biondi for no other reason sees the value of staying in a conference made up of major metropolitan areas rather than somewhat rural mvc affiliations that collectively probably dont give us the recruitment opportunities and potentials that some of the A-10 geographic areas bring to the table by themselves.

Problem: we need a conference. Solution: Let's all donate enough money to start a football program and then we can join the SEC. Count me in for the first $10.

the day saint louis university heads to the all cheating, academic deficient, SEC is the day my days of billiken club membership, season ticket holding ends. i would even cease admitting i was even a slu alum. probably would lie on my resume and say i was a university of phoenix grad.

the day saint louis university heads to the all cheating, academic deficient, SEC is the day my days of billiken club membership, season ticket holding ends. i would even cease admitting i was even a slu alum. probably would lie on my resume and say i was a university of phoenix grad.

Problem: we need a conference.

Solution: Let's all donate enough money to start a football program and then we can join the SEC. Count me in for the first $10.

I am from Arkansas (amongst other places.) I hate the SEC more than I hate the government of Iran. We are where we are in colllege sports because of the SEC.

If the A-10 could get down to 12 teams we could switch back to two divisions. Xavier, Dayton, and SLU could all be in the same division and play home and homes every year. I would add Duquesne, Richmond and Charlotte but you can mix and match the others to your preference.

I think if Fordham went back to the Patriot league and the A-10 went divisional it would actually come out a better deal for Xavier, Dayton and SLU than when Temple was actually in the conference. We only played Temple once a year anyway. I would much rather have rivalries and divisional races.

Start a new conference. Peel some teams from the A10, Valley, Horizon, and other confrences if you need to. Why would SLU, X, Dayton and Butler want to switch conferences to join up with a bunch of schools they have nothing in common with and a conference they didn't want to join before when they all had the chance? Create your own thing with only like minded and somewhat similar schools that can bring some decent to midsize TV markets to the table.

Biran is correct. Biondi should be taking the lead on this issue like yesterday. when our brethern left us at the alter back in conference usa days, one would think we learned our lesson about sitting back and waiting assuming that surely we would always be included. while many on here have expressed their displeasure with doug woolard and cheryl levick they both indicated after that point in time that in the future slu would be more proactive with conference affiliations going forward. i honestly have never approached the subject with chris may so i have no idea what his thoughts are and how active he has been but i would assume it is a priority. i will be very very disappointed if biondi and may allow a left behind scenario to happen again.

my blind trust is that we would actively seek inclusion in moves and if necessary be a leader in efforts to create a scenario that is better than bus rides to peoria and carbondale. especially considering the "coincidental" explosion our student recruitment has been from the geographical areas that surround our current A-10 conference schools. surely Father Biondi for no other reason sees the value of staying in a conference made up of major metropolitan areas rather than somewhat rural mvc affiliations that collectively probably dont give us the recruitment opportunities and potentials that some of the A-10 geographic areas bring to the table by themselves.

Biondi made his decision to bump Billiken basketball when he built Chaifetz and cleared out the AD naysayers to hire RM and go for it big time. He has no more interest in scaling back to regional, mid-major BB than he does in moving from "National University" to regional. Both would make us a bigger fish in a smaller pool, but that has never been SLU's ambition. We aspire to be a top-50 school academically and in BB. To do that, we have to join or create a league of schools who have decided to forego football BUT are willing to spend $$$ on BB at BCS levels in media markets that support national TV exposure.

The basketball only schools in the big east will never leave. They will let the football schools leave so they keep the conference name, ncaa post season dollars and the MSG contract. Every comissioner EVER of the big east has been a Providence College AD or coach. Rest assured, the catholic basketball only schools have a plan.

The article on GMason and CleveState in the Dayton rag shows that there is movement withinthe A10to be ready for dropping shoes. At least that is good. Somebody is thinking. Hopefully, this distinguishes Glade or whatever her name is way above the dead weight pull that was Bruno.