Predictions for final 7 games

AMDG

I have been thinking about the final stretch in which we now have 4 road games and 3 at home. I think its pretty resonable to think that we can win out at home and win 3 of 4 on the road which would push our record to 24-6 going into the A-10 tournament. At that point, I would have to think we'd be dancing for sure.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think best case scenario is 6-1 as I see us stumbling at least once on the road. The realist in me says 5-2 which I still think gets us in the tournament barring a disaster in Atlantic City. I don't even want to think about a 4-3 finish as that would come with a VERY bad loss somewhere along the way.

I think the over/under on losses for the remainder should be about 1.5.

7-0 or 6-1 are possible, but so are 5-2 and 4-3 (though this is the least likely, imo). If we win Wednesday, I bump this to 1 loss.

Overall, I think we go 6-1 the rest of the way.

The way I see it, there are three games against butt-ass teams we should absolutely win: Richmond and Fordham at home and @ Rhode Island

Then there are three games that I think we should win but it will be a tough test: @ St. Joe's, @ La Salle, @ Duquesne

The Xavier game is the toughest remaining game, IMO, but after beating them in their house, I feel like we should beat them at home too.

-i might be nuts and the thought i am about to make could be in large part a function of 'next in line' but i think st joes is the most difficult game we have remaining as part of me thinks x cannot get back to where they were before the fight and all of me thinks we already beat them at their place so we should beat them at our place

-and this doesn't even consider enough the other road games, esp lasalle

-i might be nuts and the thought i am about to make could be in large part a function of 'next in line' but i think st joes is the most difficult game we have remaining as part of me thinks x cannot get back to where they were before the fight and all of me thinks we already beat them at their place so we should beat them at our place

Agreed.

you might be right, I just think X has the best team out of the 7 we'll see. I also agree that St. Joe's looks to the tougher of the games in Philly.

6-1...to finish conference with my 12-4 prediction. The loss will come on the road, and I think it will be this week @ SJ or @ Lasalle. I think we beat X by 10+ at home. If we slip up again, we are going to need to win at least 2 in Atlantic City. Finish 6-1 and I don't think Atlantic City will matter....it will be NCAA.

We're winning out.

Here's an elaborate X's and O's breakdown of why.

-Majerus OWNS Martelli. Owns.

-We can take LaSalle, I know they are playing well but the legendary Tom Gola arena has trouble filling the massive 4,000 seats they have even with a solid team.

-I hate Spiders. They gross me out, its a fact that Billikens hate spiders as well. Spiderman is an overrated super hero.

-Fordham sucks and the Bills get up for Baby Races like Carolina gets up for Duke. It's also the Mardi Gras game. Victory is in the bag.

-We are not losing another game at home. The 'Fetz will be a rockin' when X comes a knockin'. (I had to. I HAD to.)

-We've got the Dukes once, we'll get them again.

That game breakdown above, that's science, 7-0. Done.

What do they say, bet with your head and not your heart? Once again, we see a huge emotional swing on this board from us doing what we should do, defend the home court against crappy, below-our-level teams. Now, we're ignoriong some hard facts and "running the table," using sentiment and euphoria over facts. Let's remember:

St. Joe's: they play well at home, hostile and cramped road environment, finding their way up the A10 standings to being 1.5 games out of first, and have beaten ranked Creighton there and appear to have athletes the size and lengththat give us trouble, PLUS our last road venture was an abject failure.

La Salle: tied for second place in the A10, beat XZavier already at home, undefeated at home, gaining confidence daily, crappy and cramped gym, PLUS our last road evnture was an abject failure, to quote a well-known basketball scholar.

Richmond: should be no contest but past history has shown we do relatively well there, they here. Cannot afford to lose.

Fordham: crush 'em. No contest. But don't get caught napping and overlooking them. February is where upsets occur. Ask Duke.

Rhode Island: they beat us in our place last year with one guy. Now we are at their place which is no big deal if they are reeling from losses before then with Xavier, Charoltte, St. Joe's and the Bonnies (with only St. Joe's at home), will they have quit PLUS how's our body of road work now looking considering some more work has been added(good or bad) in Philly by then?

Xavier: revenge game, how dare we beat them on the road as they now look to repay the favor, amplified because they don't lose two game sin conference per eyar let alone twice to the SAME team in one year and just thinking we are at home makes it easier, I don't think so. I don't count this one either way until the final gun goes off. This is rareified air for us. Not so fast on notching this one up. PLUS they are tied with us right now an dwill need to equalize the tiebreaker.

Duquesne: a little bit of a lot of stuff, revenge game, us on the road, them on senior night, are they playing for a berth in the A10 post-season. Lots of variables. PLUS our wonderful road record now with Philly and Rhode Island in the tank.

Two wins are the only LOCKS I see. The rest adds credence to playing one game at a time. Don't get ahead of things. Beat St. Joe's first.

What do they say, bet with your head and not your heart? Once again, we see a huge emotional swing on this board from us doing what we should do, defend the home court against crappy, below-our-level teams. Now, we're ignoriong some hard facts and "running the table," using sentiment and euphoria over facts. Let's remember:

I think you missed prebilliken's scientific breakdown. It is rock solid. And it's science.

What do they say, bet with your head and not your heart?

Who on this board is betting with their hearts?

We're winning out.

That game breakdown above, that's science, 7-0. Done.

Ok, whoops. But seriously... My boss in on vaca for a week and I'll do anything to not work:

Let's assume, that the Richmond, Fordham, and URI games are locks. LOCKS. URI is on the road, I know. But this that team is terrible. Amongst the worst in the nation. There is 3 wins.

The Philly excursion is truely one of my favorite times of the year. Its like the Bills are in the Big 5 and you never know what can happen with these games. But here is how I see it:

-St. Joe's is St. Joe's and Memorial Fieldhouse (I won't call it whatever it's called now) will always be a hard place to play at. The thing is, when I said that Martelli owns Majerus, I was saying the most "scientific" thing in that post. St. Joe's best wins are against Villanova and LaSalle at home. The biggest thing this team has going for them, all bias aside, is that the Bills are on the road. We are more talented with better coaching. The Bills are winning this game.

- LaSalle is having a fantastic season, but they are not unbeatable, their only great win is AT HOME is against X. They have a lot of shooters who aren't going to get away with the same things that they have against other oppenents when it comes to the Bills D. Their big man, while solid this season, is a freshman who is probably 40 pounds smaller than Conklin. Big Bri is going to outsmart and out-tough him under the basket. The thing about this team, while good, is the things that the Bills do well are really effective. Go in strong in the paint, feed Conklin. Then stretch long, if we control the pace we win, as much as been true all season.

-I hate X. F Science and X's and O's. If you dressed up the adorable Billi-Babies from the baby races in SLU uniforms and put them on the court against X, I would still pick SLU. We're in their head, the 'Fetz will be packed, W.

-In all honesty, our final game against the Dukes scares me. But I think the tourney looming will force the importance of a win.

From here on out, every game is worth more than the last, the A10 is anybody's but eventually this team is going to get hot. The time is now.

If we're following the philosophy that many on here have adopted for this year, anything less than 7-0 should be very disappointing and anything less than 6-1 should be unacceptable. Veteran team with great coach playing well together late in the season. Go in there with a bit of swagger and then prove that it's deserved, boys.

If we're following the philosophy that many on here have adopted for this year, anything less than 7-0 should be very disappointing and anything less than 6-1 should be unacceptable. Veteran team with great coach playing well together late in the season. Go in there with a bit of swagger and then prove that it's deserved, boys.

I'll be disappointed If we don't do better than 7-0 in our last 7 games. At a minimum, I expect 8-0 in our last 7 games.

+1

I'll be disappointed If we don't do better than 7-0 in our last 7 games. At a minimum, I expect 8-0 in our last 7 games.

+1

With 4 games on the road and a vengeful Xavier team at home, 4-3 is a real possibility. But I have had SLU's stretch goal as 11-5 so I will double down on 5-2. 5-2 and a deep A10 showing and they should be in the NCAA for sure along with Temple. 4-3 and an early A10 exit, then they are headed to the NIT.