Recruiting Predictions...

the longer they wait, the harder it is to undo whatever they are still doing whether positive, negative, legal or not, ethical or not. imo, if the decision has been made to dump either or both, do it and move on.

my gosh, it is crucial recruiting time and they dont know what their staff is? i dont believe it. i am betting they are all staying but are now on double secret probation or something.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for all other fellow mi$$ouri basketball haters out there,

http://www.paigesportsarena.com/

they have expanded the website. pretty funny stuff imo. and it appears they have additional plans for the site.

>I predict that:

>

>(i) We sign a juco power forward within the next two weeks;

I agree with that. In fact, I think we'll be very pleased with the contributions of the player Soderberg gets.

>(ii) Tommie Liddell ends up a partial qualifier for next

>season;

I predict that Liddell will fully qualify and will be on the court for the Bills next season.

>(iii) The 5/8 rules is dropped, Mizzou is hit with

>probation, and JMac announces that he is transferring to SLU

>within the next six weeks.

Even if the 5/8 rule is dropped, it will probably be phased in too late to influence the 2004 recruiting class. I have no idea about what will happen to Missouri, but I fear the worst (probation, including a postseason ban -- not that I really think next season's team will be Tournament-caliber) while hoping for less than the worst (but, regardless of NCAA action, changes are needed, but I fear those changes may not occur). If Jimmy McKinney were to transfer to SLU, I would be happy, I suppose (recall that SLU is where I wanted McKinney to be in the first place), but now that he's been playing for Missouri, I'd prefer that he honor the commitment and stay there, unless all heck breaks loose.

>DISCLAIMER: This is all opinion and speculation. Do not

>quote any of this as inside information or facts.

That goes for me, too -- though I think I have more faith in Liddell's qualifying than you do in his being a partial.

click on the link for the sportsarena lounge when inside the site and then do the virtual tour. i especially like the empty trophy case. these kids are good.

does anyone recall that after we had signed husak, frericks and ian, wasnt there a rumor/story that dennard abraham ended up qualifying anyway but it was too late to do to any four year school? if so, maybe our power forward has been stashed away for a year and we all have overlooked him.

i believe the national lampoon started out as a few college guys messing around. the onion was i believe started by goof offs. who knows what clever guys like this can branch into. i wouldnt discount their lives just yet.

not if he actually academically qualified. he could tranfer to a d-1 school whenever he wanted. (see troy slaten) junior college is not restricted to academic distress. i dont know where i am getting that. i am a little fuzzy on it. we all know dennard was struggling with the test, but i thought someone posted that in the end he actually made it, but it wasnt until the last test given in the summer that he qualified. why i think this i dont know. i cannot find it anywhere. but if he indeed did qualify, maybe the other names are just smoke and mirrors. who knows the way coach soderberg plays his cards.

word on the street is that the hansbrough family has already been told that harvey will not be back as an assistant coach. harvey has also done some stuff away from the court that hasn't endeared him to the good folks of boone county.

if harvey is indeed let go and he feels like he was screwed, i can't wait to hear the song that he starts singing. this could be better than listening to stevie wonder.

bad boyz for life

It wouldn't surprise me if that happened. Apparently, Dennard Abraham did make an oral commitment to SLU but didn't get the scholarship because he failed to qualify. But since he did later meet the NCAA initial eligibility requirements, he can transfer to a four-year school as a juco freshman and have three years of eligibility at his destination school. Obviously, I have no way of knowing whether that will happen. I thought I posed that question either earlier this season or some time after Brandon Morris missed out on getting eligible.

I would love for him to be a Billiken for the next three years, but if we do get him rather than a juco sophomore, then Anthony Drejaj would still be the only 2006 senior (of course, if the 5/8 rule is rescinded, then it wouldn't matter).

a lifetime gift cerificate to walmart should keep him happy and quiet. besides, the singing can probably go both ways thus, i would think harvey wouldnt want missouri's rendition of "signed sealed delivered" played either.

There was a post -- further back than the one by me that you linked -- that provided a link to a story in his hometown paper which claimed he had verballed to SLU (perhaps even before Tom Frericks signed, and definitely before Bryce Husak and Ian Vouyoukas signed). I don't think any of us knew about it (or mentioned it publically) until after we'd found out that he'd failed to qualify (initally).

It was subsequently published here that he finally got the need test score, but perhaps that's unconfirmed, at this point.

If SLU is in the hunt for Denard, I hope they check out his teammate Robert Faulkner. He was the forward/center for Peoria Richwoods with Shaun Livingston two years ago, and went toe-to-toe with Brian Randle(Illinois), coming out on top in two of their three personal battles on the hardwood.

Faulkner would give us an atheletic rebounder and garbage scorer that we haven't had for a long time. He is similar to Kelvin Henderson, only a little more skilled on offense. He can get up there, with a 35" vertical. If Denard is better than Faulkner, then we could have a very servicable PF for three years IF he knows how to play defense and rebound. I know that Faulkner was nails on D in high school in the eight games I saw in Peoria.