Bonnies talking smack

See their Board via the link A-10 Forums to this Board.

Some of them are ripping Coach Majerus- as if they wouldn't take him in an Olean stoplight minute. Another is showing proper respect.

Let's defeat these Bonnies and send them back to the hinterland.

One wonders how Bona Travel is getting the Bonnies to The Lou. Are they chartering? If so, from where? Or are they taking dogsled to Buffalo and connecting at Midway?

And with this post, the annual visit from Brown Indian is undoubtedly imminent.

We actually have 2 nice St. Bona grads in our parish. They remember Bob Lanier. Andrew Nicholson, the Canadian import, may well be St. Bona's best player since Bob Lanier.

Seriously, this is a big game, and a must win situation for SLU.

This was part of the smack.

I think Coach Majerus will have the Billikens ready for these invading interlopers from Olean.

Maybe SLU can recommend that the Bonnies spend the night in Otterville- almost just like home, except one doubts Otterville has that stop light. A dog sled or two in Jersey County can probably be found to accomodate them, however.

The Bonawelders always seem to give us trouble. I think it's those Brown uniforms. Seriously, brown and white for colors? But I'm guessing after the UMass fiasco, RM's likely stuck firecrackers up their keisters this week in practice and we should win.

The Bonawelders always seem to give us trouble. I think it's those Brown uniforms. Seriously, brown and white for colors? But I'm guessing after the UMass fiasco, RM's likely stuck firecrackers up their keisters this week in practice and we should win.

St. Bona is a Franciscan school, like Quincy University (of which many of us still say Quincy College) in my hometown, which also wears the Brown & White, in honor of the Franciscan Friars.

I was once in a discussion with a Springfield in Illinois Diocesan priest and a neighbor who grew up on the next street over, a QC grad, who told me how a QC professor (I think he was a Franciscan) contended that the Jesuits were responsible for the loss of China.

We have a healthy sports rivalry right here between the Bonnies (Franciscan) and our Billikens (Jesuit).

Beat the Bonnies!

The Bonnies' last visit to SLU, 2 years ago, was viewed in the middle of the Italian night from a villa in Tuscany. And three days later a memorable visit was made to Assisi, home of St. Francis himself.

As such, our Billikens are global!

And look who set the pick for that game winning shot by Kwamain Mitchell. I could use a little less drama this time, but in the immortal words of Al Davis, "Just win, baby."

First, this thread has interestingly been hijacked onto the Bonnies' Board. Copying must be the sincerest form of flattery. It shows they are interested in the game out there.

But far more importantly, this is a big game tonight, a must win situation for SLU. St. Bona is 5-2 in the league, albeit the obvious beneficiary of scheduling. We have a common non-conference opponent: St. Bona lost at home to Arkansas State, whereas the Billikens blew out Arkansas State in a no contest game from the start.

St. Bona has a tall team led by the 6'9" Nicholson. Kloof, from the South American country of Suriname, is reportedly a good defender and has assumed point guard duties.

SLU has lost 4 of the last 5 to the Bonnies, including 1 at home. SLU's lone win was the Kwamain Mitchell game winner 2 years ago. Since 2001, the series is even at 4-4. I was at that SLU win in 2001 when the Bonnies were coached by our buddy Jim Baron.

Let's protect the home court and get the win tonight.

This is a much different team than the last five Billikens teams. I look forward to watching the Billikens win easily tonight and perhaps seeing some minutes from Manning, Barnett, and Glaze. Bills by 12.

See their Board via the link A-10 Forums to this Board.

Some of them are ripping Coach Majerus- as if they wouldn't take him in an Olean stoplight minute. Another is showing proper respect.

Let's defeat these Bonnies and send them back to the hinterland.

One wonders how Bona Travel is getting the Bonnies to The Lou. Are they chartering? If so, from where? Or are they taking dogsled to Buffalo and connecting at Midway?

And with this post, the annual visit from Brown Indian is undoubtedly imminent.

We actually have 2 nice St. Bona grads in our parish. They remember Bob Lanier. Andrew Nicholson, the Canadian import, may well be St. Bona's best player since Bob Lanier.

Seriously, this is a big game, and a must win situation for SLU.

Let's not get overly dramatic.

It's not a big game but we need to win it obviously.

It won't be close. St. Bonn will have trouble scoring. I look for blowout of more than 20 by the Bills.

Let's stay with the welding theme. Sparks will fly tonight as we meld the Bonawelders into Centene Court. Feel the sizzle of the Billiken white hod rod, you mighty Franciscan welders.

Even Homer Simpson has abandoned the Bonnies to support the Billies. D'oh ! Riveting action will favor SLU at the Fetz tonite.