Umass & other 01/28 A10 games

Taj79

Our games are always key and dissected daily so no need to go there today. A win and we maintain an upper hand in the conference race for some more precious days.

GeeDub is at Fordham today. I can see Fordham making a run to at least get into the A10 tournament with a win. Chris Gaston is better than anything GeeDub has. Tip is at Rose Hill Gym at 1:00 eastern.

St. Joe's is at Temple at 4:00 eastern. Only game I get here on the tube today so I'll watch. Game is at Lircouras Center on campus and not at Palestra as many of these Big Five contests are in Philly. Temple should breeze. Michael Eric is playing way back into shape. This will raise Temple to 4 and 2 and only a game back of the A10 leadres of the pack.

Richmond is at the Bonnies starting at 7:00 eastern tonight. I think the Bonnies will go to 5 and 2 in the league. I am still overly puzzled by Richmond not showing up at home against Umass last week. They dismantled Temple there which makes me even more puzzled.

Dayton goes to 5 and 2 because they host Rhode Island in Dayton tonight. I got to believe Jim Barron is on the hot seat big time; most URI followers I've met have little if any respect for Barron's ability, style and recruiting prowess. Pretty soon, he should ruin out of sons and a job.

La Salle is at Duquesne and I'm thinking the Explorers go down on the road in Pittsburgh. I respect them on the road at about the same level I do with Umass. Of course, Umass did win in Richmond.

Finally, Xavier is at Charlotte. My trash-talking favorite Pierria Henry is out with a knee problem for the 69ers and there are team chemiostry issues with Barnett and another starter. I expect X will prevail.

All that happens and there are then three at the top: us, Dayton and the Bonnies all at 5 and 2 with the Bonnies coming to town next week. Who'd ever thunk St. Bonaventure at Saint Louis would be a BIG game? Have to hold serve today in Amherst.

RI beats Dayton???? Hell must have frozen over................. :o

RI beating Dayton has inexplicably become a somewhat common occurrence. URI has won the last five games in the series, seven of the last eight, and even four out of the last five at UD Arena. This win however was probably the least expected.

You know, I have been trying to figure this league out for years, usually trying to figure what time the Bills first game in the conference tournament will be so i know when to get there. You would think I would have learnedhow futile an experience that truly is. No one can tell what the hell is going to happen in this league. EVER.

Surprises yesterday include Rhode Island and La Salle. Both winning at places on the road they should not have. The A10 plays a sixteen game schedule and we are one shy of the halfway point. I can guarantee you that no one anywhere had the trifecta of Umass, La Salle andthe Bonnies all sharing the top at 5 and 2. How sweet would it have been to see Saint Louis up there in place of Umass? Can you imagine how pumped Billifandom would be this morning?

We dropped into a tie for sixth right now and that is seventh because Dayton has us head-to-head. It also allowed Temple and Xavier to leapfrog us for the time being. Once again, the more things change the more they stay the same and the sam e ol', same ol' in the A10 is its predictable in its unpredictabilty.

-not sure where else to post this, i am pretty sure i saw gene steratore (?sp) reffing the syr game yesterday, did the beast grab him and does he no longer do a10 games? they grab him and give us tim higgins? no where close to a fair trade

-anyone know the pay difference between leagues for refs?

This league is a complete and utter casserole of nonsense right now...but I do know that Temple is going to take the lead for a few weeks, with their next three games being against Fordham, Rhode Island, and GDub...