Umass message board?

Just looked through most of the UMASS board and they are actually pretty reasonable. They see this game as being one of the biggest in recent years for them and they are revving up for a huge crowd. I know Rick will have us ready for the game so I do not see a let up. Don’t get us wrong, this is a big game for us as well.

I definitely do not see our board chalking this game up as a W. It is going to be tough as they are pretty athletic and we saw what Temple's athletes did against us.

There were 2 stats that were brought up that caught my eye. It was stated that we were the worst in the league in three point field defense. If this is the case, this is a complete negative turn around from previous seasons. Also, stats showed that we have improved dramatically in our defensive rebounding. Earlier this year, we were getting hammered on the glass but it looks like things have turned around. The Bills have three big ones in a row, let's start with UMASS.

Just looked through most of the UMASS board and they are actually pretty reasonable. They see this game as being one of the biggest in recent years for them and they are revving up for a huge crowd. I know Rick will have us ready for the game so I do not see a let up. Don’t get us wrong, this is a big game for us as well.

I definitely do not see our board chalking this game up as a W. It is going to be tough as they are pretty athletic and we saw what Temple's athletes did against us.

There were 2 stats that were brought up that caught my eye. It was stated that we were the worst in the league in three point field defense. If this is the case, this is a complete negative turn around from previous seasons. Also, stats showed that we have improved dramatically in our defensive rebounding. Earlier this year, we were getting hammered on the glass but it looks like things have turned around. The Bills have three big ones in a row, let's start with UMASS.

That can't be true about the 3pt against stat. We were at the top early in the season.

That can't be true about the 3pt against stat. We were at the top early in the season.

I believe it's true for conference games as it's in the 40s. Consider that temple went 5 of 7 against us, Dayton made a few and the Xavier gangstas made a bunch it makes sense. Shows that we've probably been unlucky thus far in conference play...and we are still 4-2 and tied for first.

I believe it's true for conference games as it's in the 40s. Consider that temple went 5 of 7 against us, Dayton made a few and the Xavier gangstas made a bunch it makes sense. Shows that we've probably been unlucky thus far in conference play...and we are still 4-2 and tied for first.

If just going by conference play, then it is true. Heck, X hit at a better rate than us, mainly because we went 0-fer in the 2nd half. In non-conference play, we held opponents less than 30%, true to our normal form. Considering that Lyons hit ALL of X's treys (5), and had to hit them 30 feet out with a hand in his face, then you have to think that the three point defense will normalize out over the final 10 games, We aren't allowing many three point attempts, it is just that our opponents in conference play are hitting at a much better rate than we normally allow.

From BM's article today:

* And defense will always be the foundation of a Rick Majerus team. But you know what? The Billikens can do even better. Through six A-10 games they've allowed opponents to hit 42.7 percent of their 3-point shots, which puts SLU last in the conference in 3-pt defense. Part of this of course is luck; sometimes the shots just go down and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

Gotta hope they look at the stats instead of the tape and decide to try to snipe us from long range.......

Despite what the college paper said, UMass is not a good 3-pt team (33.8% season). They have had a problem with bad shot selection that has gotten better although moreso on 2-pt shots. Their offensive productivity lately has come from better shooting inside the arc.

There will be a large crowd mainly because there are $6 tickets available locally. This is intended to get a big crowd.