GDT: Charlotte

slufan13

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At least SLU was able to right the ship a bit in the last few minutes of the half. It looked like it was really going to get away from them. Also, it looks like we can easily score on Charlotte inside and take them off of the dribble and get easy layups. Hopefully we can take advantage of that in the 2nd half.

The announcers said we took 30 shots compared to Charlotte's 24. We got 5 offensive rebounds and had only one less rebound than Charlotte. We've had like 8 TOs by my count. We're shooting like 40%. Difference between now and November. Our rebounding seems to be getting better. We're being less careful w/ the rock. Our shooting percentage is down by over 10%. As for D, we're struggling against anyone who takes it inside and creates either a shot or an assist. It's our shooting, or lack thereof, and more TOs that are simply killing us.

Well, that was a disappointing first half.

However, my favorite game analyst was Coach Al McGuire. And McGuire often talked about the trailing team getting the lead below 10 points, and at least SLU accomplished that.

McGuire also preached that games are won and lost at the beginning of the second half. Majerus SLU teams in the past have been able to make halftime adjustments.

SLU has looked bad. But this game is not over.

Charlotte does not play defense in transition. SLU has to stop standing around on offense.

We get open looks from 3 but just can's put them in the basket anymore. Until NM that was a big part of our offense. Fast forward to now and we have to drive to get buckets from guards. Unfortunately, not enough of them. Good rebounding this half, though. Not getting BC enough attempts on the low post but with our outside shooting so bad, it's a lot tougher for him. Glad we're in single digits though. Must find a way to hit some open looks.

The announcers said we took 30 shots compared to Charlotte's 24. We got 5 offensive rebounds and had only one less rebound than Charlotte. We've had like 8 TOs by my count. We're shooting like 40%. Difference between now and November. Our rebounding seems to be getting better. We're being less careful w/ the rock. Our shooting percentage is down by over 10%. As for D, we're struggling against anyone who takes it inside and creates either a shot or an assist. It's our shooting, or lack thereof, and more TOs that are simply killing us.

On defense, the absence of #33 is obvious. I don't care if some would rather he be forgotten. Majerus recruited this team a certain way, and he is without his Center.

SLU is getting killed by the athletes, and it has been that way since 1978, in other words, as long as I've followed the team.

SLU is getting killed by the athletes, and it has been that way since 1978, in other words, as long as I've followed the team.

UW, OU and Villanova were as athletic as these teams. The problem is, these teams have athleticism + a little more basketball talent that any of those other teams had.

Yes- Barnett. Why not?

We need a zone buster to hit 3's.

Whether he can hit them is an open question, but he is not going to hit them sitting on the bench.

Agreed.

I'll give CE credit, his shot isn't falling, but he is contributing in other ways on the offensive end and playing fairly solid D.

UW, OU and Villanova were as athletic as these teams. The problem is, these teams have athleticism + a little more basketball talent that any of those other teams had.

The problem is our SLU team peaked too early. This is not the same team right now that was playing Thanksgiving Weekend and before, for whatever reason. Our players' legs are gone (like LMU game). The team just looks tired, and that has a direct effect on the outside shooting.

On defense, forget about it. Again, the team is tired. The team cannot guard athletic 3's and 4's.