All 3 losses on Majerus!!!!!!!

The first two losses never should have been on the schedule. The first after a long weekend in Anaheim, and the second on New years Eve in a place where he has had little success. He said that playing a game in New Mexico would help us come conferecnce time we saw that tonight. I've beat the drum for years that I am sick of a team that relies on the jumpshot and have yet to be proven wrong. This team has no post presence what so ever, Conklins nice but not the answer especially at the defensive end. We need to quit recruiting guards and address the inside. The mental mistakes are the same year after year, the inconsistant offense also the same year after year, wich would change with a better inside game. A post presence also would keep teams from using the dribble drive against us. Until Majerus changes his ways we are on the roller coaster that is Billiken basketball!

If we truly are a good team and truly want to be a program on the rise, we can't ***** about playing too many games in too many days. We can't complain about playing on the road, in hostile environments, or places where our Coach hasn't had success. We have to find ways to win.

We also can't ***** about other teams not playing us if we're going to ***** about tough schedule or tough timing of schedule.

If we truly are a good team and truly want to be a program on the rise, we can't ***** about playing too many games in too many days. We can't complain about playing on the road, in hostile environments, or places where our Coach hasn't had success. We have to find ways to win.

We also can't ***** about other teams not playing us if we're going to ***** about tough schedule or tough timing of schedule.

Well said Tonka. If we want to get where we want to be, games like this have to be guaranteed wins.

The first two losses never should have been on the schedule. The first after a long weekend in Anaheim, and the second on New years Eve in a place where he has had little success. He said that playing a game in New Mexico would help us come conferecnce time we saw that tonight. I've beat the drum for years that I am sick of a team that relies on the jumpshot and have yet to be proven wrong. This team has no post presence what so ever, Conklins nice but not the answer especially at the defensive end. We need to quit recruiting guards and address the inside. The mental mistakes are the same year after year, the inconsistant offense also the same year after year, wich would change with a better inside game. A post presence also would keep teams from using the dribble drive against us. Until Majerus changes his ways we are on the roller coaster that is Billiken basketball!

Really???? Not on the schedule???? I guess we could have played Rockhurst and UMSL. Road wins at the Pit and any conference opponent are the toughest to get. You take home and home series against good competition when you can get them.

Two times tonight the Bills had 8 point leads and couldn't put them away! This team does not have a finisher! It was the same thing against Loyola Marymount a 12 point lead and couldn't put them away! 8 point lead at New Mexico same thing. You have to put the hammer down and we don't! That is the difference between teams that go dancing in March and teams that go to the CBI.

Two times tonight the Bills had 8 point leads and couldn't put them away! This team does not have a finisher! It was the same thing against Loyola Marymount a 12 point lead and couldn't put them away! 8 point lead at New Mexico same thing. You have to put the hammer down and we don't! That is the difference between teams that go dancing in March and teams that go to the CBI.

How's the weather on Mars this morning?

as i stated in other threads today, i dont question a lot about rickma that is directly connected to his coaching the games and players, but that said, one has to wonder about our recent shooting skid. anyone that has been around basketball knows that outside shooting accuracy drops as the legs go.

we all know about rickma's xmas break legendary marathon practices. so i cant help but wonder if our players are currently going into games with dead legs from too many 10 hour practice days. there has to be a reason we go from just an excellent shooting team to one that cant hit the outside of a barn right now.

as i stated in other threads today, i dont question a lot about rickma that is directly connected to his coaching the games and players, but that said, one has to wonder about our recent shooting skid. anyone that has been around basketball knows that outside shooting accuracy drops as the legs go.

we all know about rickma's xmas break legendary marathon practices. so i cant help but wonder if our players are currently going into games with dead legs from too many 10 hour practice days. there has to be a reason we go from just an excellent shooting team to one that cant hit the outside of a barn right now.

I think Saturday will tell us a lot in regards to that. Given that we shot poorly in 2 road games in rowdy environments it is not all that unexpected. Now if we are around 25% these next few games then maybe thats the case

This might be the worst thread ever. Bad scheduling? Christ, maybe the LMU game I can understand, but New Mexico no way. Majerus running his players ragged to the point they are tired in games? Really? I think he's done this a few times before.. it's another loss, sky is not falling, scale back expectations a bit.

But keep this up and it will make for a helluva selection Sunday.

Agree with Roy-something has changed this team over the past couple of weeks. Was too good to now be this bad on shooting and other fundamentals. The defense even let down some last night.

Sure something changed. We played two tough teams on the road. To be a tournament team we have to be able to beat good teams on the road. If we can't do that, we're not a tournament team.

Sure something changed. We played two tough teams on the road. To be a tournament team we have to be able to beat good teams on the road. If we can't do that, we're not a tournament team.

Tournament games will not be road games anymore than the California tournament-they are neutral sites

This might be the worst thread ever. Bad scheduling? Christ, maybe the LMU game I can understand, but New Mexico no way. Majerus running his players ragged to the point they are tired in games? Really? I think he's done this a few times before.. it's another loss, sky is not falling, scale back expectations a bit.

But keep this up and it will make for a helluva selection Sunday.

Scaling back expectations is what this program has done for many years. I believe the program needs to quit doing that.