NYE GDT

brianstl

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jordair with the offensive free throw rebound but couldn't get the putback to fall. Needed about 30% from 3's to win this one. Great effort though. This will be good experience for going on the road in conference.

edit: changed "it" to "the putback" for clarity

No need to bash JJ. At least he has the balls to do something in crunch time. Sure, he made mistakes, but JJ also made some damn crucial plays for us.

Where the f was KC? I remember 2 buckets in the first half, but what else did he do besides get torched by Fenton?

FT difference and our 3 point shooting was terrible were just too much to overcome in a very hostile building. Let's hope we can turn it around VS Dayton as the A-10 season is upon us and we have to start a new winning streak.

Busted you don't know what the hell you're talking about when you say stuff like "NM is good but we're not there yet." That would have been a HUGE win if we pulled it off. This was a very close game between two of the 20-25 best teams in the country where their home court advantage (the refs) was the difference in the game. We're at least as good as them but we were on the road.

Very confident we'll beat Dayton on Wednesday.

I don't feel too badly about this game the 3PT shooting just wasn't there. I thought we had enough shooters so we could avoid such a bad shooting night but I was wrong. They played hard did well rebounding, worked the ball inside and played tough D. I don't know what they could've done to not allow 35 FT attempts by UNM to SLU's 16.

No need to bash JJ. At least he has the balls to do something in crunch time. Sure, he made mistakes, but JJ also made some damn crucial plays for us.

Where the f was KC? I remember 2 buckets in the first half, but what else did he do besides get torched by Fenton?

True, it isn't fair to bash JJ. The 3 point shooting is the killer. We can bash the refs all we want, but it will just get worse in Dayton, Cincinnati, and the rest of conference play.

I don't feel too badly about this game the 3PT shooting just wasn't there. I thought we had enough shooters so we could avoid such a bad shooting night but I was wrong. They played hard did well rebounding, worked the ball inside and played tough D. I don't know what they could've done to not allow 35 FT attempts by UNM to SLU's 16.

'nuff said. word up

That was an awesome game! There's no reason for our guys to hang their heads. The main thing is we all need to do our part to make sure that we don't lose a home game all year long. On a side note, UNM is better than Dayton, and their crowd beats the hell out of the sweater vesters. Unfortunately, their crowd also beats the hell out of ours.