Attendance

bk18

Box score says 6761. It looked ok on TV.

Let us not mince words here. It looked like ###### on tv. The loyal blue or whatever seats were half empty. The student section was outstanding.

There was also 4-6 court side seats open.

Let us not mince words here. It looked like ###### on tv. The loyal blue or whatever seats were half empty. The student section was outstanding.

There was also 4-6 court side seats open.

It did not look great on TV. At the tip the stadium was pretty empty. My father-in-law pointed out the how few people were there. I had to let him know that they were all stuck in the Compton parking garage behind all the old basstards who need to back in and lack the driving skills to do it.

Some things never change....late arriving Bills fans never will.....

There were some people late but the crowd was disappointing for a very makeable game time against a good team. At least the people who did buy tickets will probably come back again but i was expecting a larger crowd

I'm guessing any walk-up was decimated by the NFL. Probably a Saturday night game would've been better for the crowd (and the Husky's jet lag.)

11:00 am start on a Sunday? Church? NFL? Hangovers from Saturday night?

AND it was on goddam high definition TV, slo-mo replays, explanations, comments, interviews, updates. Why go down there? Parking is sh*tty, etc?

I know REAL fans go there, I get it, Bania. I'm just saying.

The attendance was not as great as I expected, but what we lacked in numbers we made up for in noise. The entire crowd was getting into it, not just the student section (which was awesome by the way). anyway, I think that the result of this game will get the attention of some people, and we can expect more people at games from this point on

Student section was above average. Band was great.

Everyone else sucked. It was church quiet on Washington's free throw attempts, golf clapped most of the morning. Old people sitting on their hands: what an environment.

Customary parking on street near HS State and car was broken into.

Sweet Caroline.

I at first thought we had more there than the number reported but after I thought about it I thought there was over 7K but apparently not. To say the crowd sucked is just plain wrong (BR sorry you are pissed off that your car got broken into but don't let it cloud your objectivity). The crowd was into it, plenty of standing, clapping, and shouting. The student section looked filled to me from my seat which is across from them. This whole thing about shouting for FTs is really over rated unless you are sitting directly behind the basket area. Why do you think the student section is located where it is - to give them the location for this during the second half. First half is not that big a deal, so standing up and shouting then is not that big a deal. Finally, those mid section seats that are empty are high priced seat license ones and are probably not sold - they have refused to sell those tix except for the seat license price which is my understanding. Actually, i don't blame them since if they sold those tix aat a discount why would anybody pay the hefty price to start with.

Finally, those mid section seats that are empty are high priced seat license ones and are probably not sold - they have refused to sell those tix except for the seat license price which is my understanding. Actually, i don't blame them since if they sold those tix aat a discount why would anybody pay the hefty price to start with.

-i hope we are selling those on a per game basis at a high premium very soon!!!!

-i hope the adept is thinking about that scenario and how they will handle it

Finally, those mid section seats that are empty are high priced seat license ones and are probably not sold - they have refused to sell those tix except for the seat license price which is my understanding. Actually, i don't blame them since if they sold those tix aat a discount why would anybody pay the hefty price to start with.

This is an easy one, and I've mentioned this before. They know which center-section seats aren't sold. Sometime before game time -- 24 hours, six hours, one hour -- enter all other season-ticket holders in a lottery and upgrade 50 or 100 or 500 of them. (If they were really clever, they could also set up a Cardinals-like online market where lesser-price season-ticket holders could pay to upgrade to the good seats.)

Alternatively (and more easily), simply give all season-ticket holders one or two or four upgrade coupons for every seat they hold. Maybe they're only good for walk-up starting two hours before game time, but you'd end up with much fuller center sections. (The old f@rts on this board my recall that such an arrangement was in place during hockey days -- and might have worked for bball, I don't recall -- although the coupons were for sale to anyone.)

And you don't have to do this for every game. Limit it, perhaps, to those TV games like yesterday where it looks like we have a good team that no one shows up to support.

This is an easy one, and I've mentioned this before. They know which center-section seats aren't sold. Sometime before game time -- 24 hours, six hours, one hour -- enter all other season-ticket holders in a lottery and upgrade 50 or 100 or 500 of them. (If they were really clever, they could also set up a Cardinals-like online market where lesser-price season-ticket holders could pay to upgrade to the good seats.)

Alternatively (and more easily), simply give all season-ticket holders one or two or four upgrade coupons for every seat they hold. Maybe they're only good for walk-up starting two hours before game time, but you'd end up with much fuller center sections. (The old f@rts on this board my recall that such an arrangement was in place during hockey days -- and might have worked for bball, I don't recall -- although the coupons were for sale to anyone.)

And you don't have to do this for every game. Limit it, perhaps, to those TV games like yesterday where it looks like we have a good team that no one shows up to support.

-well thought bonwich

-i would do something for every game as highlights would show the seats in use, but let's do something in this regard

11:00 am start on a Sunday? Church? NFL? Hangovers from Saturday night?

AND it was on goddam high definition TV, slo-mo replays, explanations, comments, interviews, updates. Why go down there? Parking is sh*tty, etc?

I know REAL fans go there, I get it, Bania. I'm just saying.

Church? Go earlier. NFL? You would only miss the first half of the noon games. if this was an excuse these people would rather watch NCAA football on saturday night then go to a SLU game anyway. Hungover? Quit being a *****. HD TV? That is not better then being at the game. There are few people that would have legitimate excuses if they wanted to actually go to the game.

BR..The student section is ok, smaller then I expected so dont like you guys are great. The rest of the crowd was good and more into the game than usual. Why would people other then the student section scream when free throws are being attempted? We going to mess them up from the otheer side of the floor? More power to you and your buddies can stomping on the bleachers and screaming at the UDub players like you are going to do something to them but it is silly to think that the rest of the arena is going to do the same thing.

The band was outstanding as usual

How does this increase attendance? All it does is fill up the mid section but the ends or higher up will be empty.

I thought the crowd was really loud the first half.

When the half ended it was as loud as I have heard it in some time.

The second half there wasnt much to get excited about. SLU up 25 to start the half, play a slow down game the last 15 minutes, game never in doubt.

IMO it was the type of game that will lead to bigger crowds but not the type of game that has the crowd fired up and into it from start to finish.

Its hard to get jacked up for a game that is over with 20 minutes left to play.

How does this increase attendance? All it does is fill up the mid section but the ends or higher up will be empty.

It's not meant to increase attendance. It's meant to make it not look like our arena is empty on TV because 1/3 to 1/2 of the center-court seats are empty. (And it's a perk for season-ticket holders that costs zip save for possible programming start-up costs and admin costs, which in any event would be minimal.)

It's not meant to increase attendance. It's meant to make it not look like our arena is empty on TV because 1/3 to 1/2 of the center-court seats are empty. (And it's a perk for season-ticket holders that costs zip save for possible programming start-up costs and admin costs, which in any event would be minimal.)

-i took your idea a couple of posts ago to mean the season ticket holder would move to the cushion seats and give their tickets to bball fans and that would increase attendance

Student section needs to grow. Need their enthusiasm. I suggest we cut the size of the band dramatically and put them up in the rafters. BTW, I noticed we're up to 6 Sousaphones this year. I believe that is a 50% increase over last year. Those Sousaphones are big. Not to mention the husky gentleman that are carrying them. Things are getting rather tight over in the band section and they're squeezing out the students. And look closely - apparently there is no age limit on joining the band. I think I recognized a homeless guy playing the trumpet. He panhandles on non-game days at 14th and Washington. Oh...and I hate BandLegend!!! Believe me, he is no legend. But he did play in the SLU band until he was asked to leave.....10 years after graduating. You can be old but ya can't suck and be part of the SLU band. TO THE RAFTERS!!!

Great idea, Dude! And while we're at it why don't we recruit a few thousand more really old people to sit on their hands and tell me to sit down when I'm up and yelling. Everyone knows the band rules except your dumb ass.

Great idea, Dude! And while we're at it why don't we recruit a few thousand more really old people to sit on their hands and tell me to sit down when I'm up and yelling. Everyone knows the band rules except your dumb ass.

I expected more out of you Band Legend. I suggest we make really old people (like your 50 year old arse) bring a Sousaphone to the game, or an instrument of their choice so that we can do away with the band altogether. We'll call it the "People's Band." DOWN WITH ORGANIZED STUDENT-SECTION ENCROACHING BANDS!!! TO THE RAFTERS!!!