New numbers...Bills and Washington are even

The Wiz

In my rush to get the spread up this morning I accidentally forgot to add some data to the program and wound up with... GIGO (garbage in , garbage out) . The good news is the corrected version now shows the game is even. We have come along way since last year.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just looking at some box scores from Washington's first 3 games so far. They've played 2 pretty bad teams and Portland.

Seem like they're a pretty good rebounding team.

Don't seem to turn it over much but they don't cause many turnovers either.

They've jacked up a lot of 3's and have been hitting them.

Looks like they have about 5 or 6 guards who can really play. (It's hard to tell because the minutes will be skewed against these bad teams)

Tony Wroten Jr. was ranked as like the 5th best PG in the country last year. Seems like he has been coming off the bench and he's been getting in foul trouble every game. Also I saw in one game he was 1-7 from the FT line.

Martin Bruenig is playing around 10 minutes a game.

They've given up a lot of points even to those bad teams so hopefully we can score on them.

They beat Portland by 30, but based on the scores they didn't look too impressive in their first 2 games.

They will obviously be a really tough game for us and I think it will be fun to see the guard play from both teams. They should have a size advantage on us, but we always play tough defensively. I think KM has a break through game. SLU by 7.

Bills Win By 6 if....

1)SLU gives another Solid Defensive performance (this time against a more athletic team and deeper team than they have faced)

2) They rebound ( SLU should have out rebounded SIU, as the better team but were out-rebounded in the game 34-33, so how will they do against a much better team like Washington?)

3) Kwamain shoots above 40% from the field (which he hasn't done yet this year) I worry about him throwing up 15 FG's and only going 3/15, taking too few high percentage shots. He might feel too much pressure to perform in a big game & get off track, this is purely my opinion.... just a worry I have.

As far as offense goes, I think shots will fall for the bills, they have too many outlets to get shut down offensively this year. I expect KC and BC to have high percentage nights, maybe not a lot of points, but quality nights offensively, in addition to good production from CE.

- Maybe I'm drinkin' the Kool-Aid, but I think, at home, they win by 4-8pts.

I can't find a washinton message board thats not a pay site or one that has 0 traffic.

Yeah, what the hell, I looked for a while and couldn't find one...how does Washington not have a relatively decent message board...

Yeah...that's the best one that I found too...boring as ######...

Try the Seattle Times Blog. More interest is shown by the readers there.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskymensbasketballblog/?from=stnv2

There is pretty good traffic in the comments section to the blog posts. If you go back into the older blog entries there is some pretty good info on the team.

I'll be in STL on Saturday probably having a drink or two at the Dubliner or Hair of the Dawg and will be at the game on Sunday.

Good luck. I like that your team seems deep. Hopefully you let us run.

You never know. We can be pretty good at forcing tempo. If you slow us down significantly it could be a long day for us.

I think the key here is how well they handle our defense. It's not like we try to sprint on every offensive play - we play tight pressure man 2 man and attack the passing lanes. Defense leads to our pace much more than the other teams defense in my opinion.

FYI - here's the other video with highlights from this year:

Unfortunately the Gerogia State and Florida Atlantic games weren't televised so not much out there.

So apparently they beatdown a D2 team that starts all white guys and a ginger... seems like a fair fight

Bills will slow this game to a grinding pace and keep it close, there's no way the Big Man will let the Bills run with them. Conklin breaks 3 noses Bills by 5