Am I supposed to get used to this?

SLU_Nick

A 20 point win on the road in Carbondale? Did I just dream that?

I felt like a Syracuse fan in the second half of last nights game...disinterested thinking "dang when does conference play start so we can be challenged" (haha, sort of)

We look like a COMPLETELY different team this year. We have the horses now. Not one player (including KM) has the need to "conserve energy" when they are playing. our 1-9 top to bottom really does not experience much of a drop off, if at all. Every time someone checks in, I think to myself something like, "man we need to get MM more minutes" or "wow DE has played about 10 minutes this whole game".

We will have the advantage when the game is close because we will have fresh legs at the end of games.

Now the shining star of the season so far. Cody Ellis. He played remarkably well last night. Not only does his shot seem to be falling, but he is rebounding and playing his best defense as a Billiken.

And the last thing. RM really is the man isnt he. He had a plan all along, did not compromise his system for 3 years and now it is time to reap the benefits of the patience we have shown as fans in his first few years. RM has said every year before this one that "this is going to be a rough year, we are young, we have no seniors, etc" and then this year, he says we are going to be good. IN RM I TRUST!

I am all-in on this season...right here, right now. We are 2-0 and this is the best we have been in 8 years. NCAA tourney or bust. See you in March.

-Nick

dont get too excited yet. carbondale was absolutely awful. they will finish at the bottom of the mvc and had just come off a loss to a d-2 school. if we win on sunday, then get excited

A 20 point win on the road in Carbondale? Did I just dream that?

I felt like a Syracuse fan in the second half of last nights game...disinterested thinking "dang when does conference play start so we can be challenged" (haha, sort of)

We look like a COMPLETELY different team this year. We have the horses now. Not one player (including KM) has the need to "conserve energy" when they are playing. our 1-9 top to bottom really does not experience much of a drop off, if at all. Every time someone checks in, I think to myself something like, "man we need to get MM more minutes" or "wow DE has played about 10 minutes this whole game".

We will have the advantage when the game is close because we will have fresh legs at the end of games.

Now the shining star of the season so far. Cody Ellis. He played remarkably well last night. Not only does his shot seem to be falling, but he is rebounding and playing his best defense as a Billiken.

And the last thing. RM really is the man isnt he. He had a plan all along, did not compromise his system for 3 years and now it is time to reap the benefits of the patience we have shown as fans in his first few years. RM has said every year before this one that "this is going to be a rough year, we are young, we have no seniors, etc" and then this year, he says we are going to be good. IN RM I TRUST!

I am all-in on this season...right here, right now. We are 2-0 and this is the best we have been in 8 years. NCAA tourney or bust. See you in March.

-Nick

w/out having actually seen the team yet (i refuse to pay for SLU's bull**** feed, been raped far too many times on that) it sounds like we're really strong top to bottom (like Stokke, Fig. 1). if we put it on washington, i'm going to be REAL high on this season. i think that this team has enough veterans, talent and depth that they're not going to lose focus in the close games. our free throw shooting seems to be better, we're moving the ball great, etc. etc. getting PUMP about this team...

Fig. 1

Posted Image

w/out having actually seen the team yet (i refuse to pay for SLU's bull**** feed, been raped far too many times on that) it sounds like we're really strong top to bottom (like Stokke, Fig. 1). if we put it on washington, i'm going to be REAL high on this season. i think that this team has enough veterans, talent and depth that they're not going to lose focus in the close games. our free throw shooting seems to be better, we're moving the ball great, etc. etc. getting PUMP about this team...

Fig. 1

Posted Image

Every time I see this picture I'm reminded that it's the best picture on the Internet. Go Bills.

although its only been 2 games, these stats are still to high for me to be 100% sold, although I like what we are doing.

Points per game - 220th- 66.0

Rebounds per game - 268th - 32.5

Assists per game - 136th - 14.0

Field goals - 109th - .470

BUT i read something stating so far only Wisconsin has had a truly better defense as far as PPG and shot%.

If we can get those 4 categories in the top 160 for all 4, then boom we got ourselves a season to remember.

although its only been 2 games, these stats are still to high for me to be 100% sold, although I like what we are doing.

Points per game - 220th- 66.0

Rebounds per game - 268th - 32.5

Assists per game - 136th - 14.0

Field goals - 109th - .470

BUT i read something stating so far only Wisconsin has had a truly better defense as far as PPG and shot%.

If we can get those 4 categories in the top 160 for all 4, then boom we got ourselves a season to remember.

You can look at the counting toals. You have to look at those totals compared to the pace the game is being played at.

Washington will be very telling. They are very balanced in terms of offensive and defensive efficiency. We are heavily weighted on the defensive side of the ball. It's likely we'll need KM to hit some of the shots that haven't been falling in order to come out with the W.

I have seen both of our real games this season, plus the exhibition games. The team is very tough on defense and when we go small with KM, JJ, and MM, we can be explosive. However, we have obviously not played a talented team with a big front line. That is what really worries me. Washington has won three games and has five players scoring in double figures. They are averaging around 87 points per game. They have some pretty big guys - 7'0", 6'10, 6'9" and then a whole flock of guys at 6'8" and 6'8". They are averaging about 7 blocks per game. Plus, they are shooting almost 50% from 3 pt land. Level of competition that allowed these stats is probably not high, but still, they have taken care of business.

This will be a very good challenge for the Billikens and a win will be HUGE.

Interesting note, it does not look like Suggs is playing at all; maybe he is injured.